Your history with forge

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by nadekil, Sep 1, 2020.

1. nadekil

nadekil Spartan I

We all started somewhere, I personally am pretty new to forge still, but I just wanted to see when y’all started forging, why y’all started forging, and what your goals are with forging, etc... I’ll begin:

In previous games, I have messed around with forge, and created a few custom games in the past, but I didn’t really do much forging until halo 5. I started messing around with forge in halo 5, like in previous halo’s, and eventually made some maps that I enjoyed playing on with friends. After making a few maps, I became the lead for the LXM clan forge team. Eventually, I decided to join forge hub and I forge to get some serious feedback on my maps and improve them for the future. I started forging because I enjoy the freedom of creating my own custom maps to play on and see what other people make as well. And my goals for forging are to make maps that I enjoy more than the playlist maps, make maps that other players will enjoy, and to hopefully get a map featured eventually.

#1 nadekil, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. nadekil

nadekil Spartan I

Also, what kinds of maps do you guys like making the most, I personally focus on urban and forerunner maps for the most part

3. HAYDN est1999

HAYDN est1999 Recruit

Started back in halo 3 and didn't really do much usefull just lots and lots of fusion coils and man cannons hahaha when halo 4 came around ya boi here spent waaaaaaay too much time making race maps with the premade station parts on that one space canvas I forget the name and when halo 5 came around I got a bit more in to actually making playable maps, started out by making simple stuff like dumb vehicle welds and some single room hyper detailed aesthetic maps but as I grew more confident with the controls and advanced systems h5 forge has like scripting me and my forge buddy Tomton24 made a slew of minigames and custom gametypes most notably those on my forgehub page (shameless self plug, go check them out ;D) and recently I've been participating in the monthly contests held here and through that I was part of the creation of a forge team called Inverted Islands (Second shameless self plug) that works as a big group to push halo 5 to it's limits our first map: Testament is to be released in the next few days.

nadekil likes this.
  4. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Started in Halo 3 before Foundry came out. I pumped out a lot of maps in H3 Foundry and Sandbox. I was pretty popular at one point and I actually had over 7 featured maps through Reach and then I fell off Once Halo 4 came out. I haven’t done anything worthy since and there are just so many good designers here with the tools of Halo 5. That separates the men from the boys and I can’t devote enough time to the video games anymore to keep up. Several FH members from back then moved on and have careers based on level design and they all started here when I started. Mine was just a hobby they took it to the next level.

I love core maps, 4v4. I used to do some pretty good asym maps but recently I have only really made symmetrical maps.

a Chunk likes this.