Working Rocket\Rocket Hog\Splocket Race Map\Gametype

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by IC Entropy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. IC Entropy

IC Entropy Legendary

My brother and I worked on this over Xmas break and got a functional version of Rocket Hog Race, Rocket Race, or Splocket Race. The files are in my (IC Entropy) fileshare, and I just made them public today. The map is named "Blood Gulch - IC RHR" We only made one map, based on Blood Gulch, and the 3 corresponding gametypes. I saved the gametype and checkpoint brains as a premade, but they won't be public for a bit because I forgot to do that. Probably will call the prefab "Rocket Race Gate"
    I based the gametypes on the KotH gametype, and we actually didn't remove a whole bunch of stuff that is in KotH that you don't need for RHR. I tried removing a bunch of brains I didn't think we needed and it stopped working, so I put them back. I made a design doc though, like the 343 ones (https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7t50isv1zfx2kw/Scripting - Rocket Race.docx?dl=0). It supports any number of teams, but has a few issues:
    1. Can't figure out how to teleport players back into a vehicle if they get out. So the whole level needs to have a teleport volume that teleporters players (but no vehicles) to a kill volume somewhere on the map.
    2. I can't limit the # of players per team, so if 4 people join Red, someone will just repeatedly spawn and die.
    3. The rockets in Halo 5 have very little impact, so they can't flip Warthogs over very effectively like they did in Reach. Because of this, I had to turn off vehicle invulnerability and people can blow each other up, rather than flipping people over.

2. IC Entropy

IC Entropy Legendary

3. AnonFriction

AnonFriction Spartan I
    Forge Critic

I have one I made as well, to get around the rocket impact I start players with a req rocket launcher and turned up grenade explosion radius/knockback.

I haven't made a design doc, but it's only like 6 scripts

ArturBloodshot likes this.
  4. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer ONI Agent

1. solve - have the teleporter take you to a watch tower.
    2. solve - have extra spawns in the watch tower.
    3. solve - turn indestructible vehicles on but turn weapon damage all the way up.

extra solve - use a script brain on the map so that it awards players within the arena (not watch tower spectators) do gain points per e.g. minutes survived, that way once a team reaches so many points you can script the round to end or just have it end after a certain amount of minutes passed. :)

5. IC Entropy

IC Entropy Legendary

I tried upping the grenade stats, but it didn't seem to have any effect. I was testing just the warthog rockets though. Did you use the SPNKR EX, or do the grenade stats apply to all rocket explosions?

I wish you had made this one week earlier, then I would've just taken yours instead of wasting countless hours trying to learn forge. Your brain/prefab seems much simpler (and thus better) than mine, since you built it from the ground up instead of just cutting apart KotH. It doesn't seem like it has any logic to prevent the same hill from spawning twice in a row though?

I also had a question about the scoring. Why do you grab the first two players and increment their personal scores? I just grab first player and increment the team score.

6. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer ONI Agent

Sorry I couldn't help sooner, I'm going to try and be more active on the forums from now on. For your question I'm not to sure what you mean. If you want to talk in more detail about it then feel free to hit me up on xbox! :)

7. IC Entropy

IC Entropy Legendary

Thanks for the input, but I don't think these really solve the problems any better than the map-wide kill volume I have. For #3, weapon damage doesn't go above 100%

8. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer ONI Agent

Maybe you just don't understand what I'm getting at?

9. IC Entropy

IC Entropy Legendary

Definitely a possibility. Are you saying you think there is a way to (other than death/respawn) to get players back into a vehicle once they get out of it?

10. ZombieDyer

ZombieDyer ONI Agent

theres no need to using my method