[WIP] Garden of the Didact

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Cryppy!, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Cryppy!

Cryppy! Promethean

Hey Forgehub, it has been a damn long time since I've posted anything new and figured it was about time I poked my head back into this fantastic community. This map has been in the making for a while and is finally at a point where I can show it to all your eager eyes. Forerunner in aesthetic, designed for semi-infantry, semi-vehicular BTB, and based upon this sexy piece of fan made concept art, I bring you:

Garden of the Didact
    (title not confirmed, subject to change)

[​IMG]

This is probably the most unflattering image, yet it shows you what I'm going for.

[​IMG]
    Quick overview.

[​IMG]
    Looking down from the spire.

[​IMG]
    Theres a Phaeton.

[​IMG]
    Spire interior, containing a lightbridge and a pretty cave waterfall (and yes, you can deactivate the lightbridge).

[​IMG]
    Looking back towards the playable region of the spire's interior.

[​IMG]
    Here's a base looking fairly unfinished.

[​IMG]
    Here's its interior, again, fairly unfinished.

So there you have it. Its a solid 80% of the way there. The bases need some love, the overall object count needs some refinement, the light map is bit wack in some regions, weapons and vehicles need to be placed, spawn zones, spawns, location callouts, yada yada yada, etc and then I can get some play testing on it! Comments and feedback welcomed!

2. Ryouji Gunblade

Ryouji Gunblade Spartan I

Seeing this gets my forge juices flowing. All over the place.

ExTerrestr1al likes this.
  3. The Grim Dealer

Looks good. I'm curious to see how the Phaeton works out, as I've never seen a map that uses it successfully.

4. Cryppy!

Cryppy! Promethean

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I'm glad

I won't know until testing I guess. I do have my fears it will be incredibly overpowered but hopefully if I'm strategic with my weapon placement I can balance it.

5. Wally12

Wally12 Promethean

I like the look of this a lot.