Weekly Update 9-4-17

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Ascend Hyperion, Sep 2, 2017.

By Ascend Hyperion on Sep 2, 2017 at 1:16 PM
  1. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion Speaker for The Dead
    Staff Member Forge Critic

9-3(banner).jpg
    Back On Track

Alright everyone. Put down the pitchforks and torches. We're gonna talk this out like adults. So first and foremost, I apologize for the sudden disappearance of the Weekly Update series. Both I and The Omicron ran into sudden bouts of limited availability and life began running our schedules away from the series. That being said we are well aware that the Weekly Update series is one of the sites most anticipated and well-received article sagas. Today I'm happy to return the Weekly Update series back to it's original schedule of every Monday, each week and with the eminent additions to the staff team, this schedule will become much more easy to maintain.

Now that that's out of the way let's talk about some content! This week we're bringing you news, map spotlights, community insights and so much more! Let's get this train moving!

Balance The Scales

On August 31st, 343 released the details regarding the latest weapon patch coming to Halo 5. This particular set of nerfs and buffs is aimed at returning weapons to their intended states as well as creating a more fair and balanced weapon sandbox. Everything from precision weapons to melee weapons are included in this rework! Check out the full post here: CLICK ME

Filling The Ranks

Have you ever wanted to know what it was like to work on the ForgeHub Staff Team? Have you ever wanted to get a first person look into our private office of test monkeys? Do you wanna know what it's like to work with notorious mass murderer, Unfound? Well today is your lucky day! We're looking to add several new members to our team and you may just be what we're looking for. Check out the official article below for more info! CLICK ME

Community Favorites: August 2017

I would like to take a brief moment to highlight some important changes to the community favorites system. This info might be new to some and refresher material to others but it is important, SO LISTEN UP!

The Comm Faves system now involves members of the site directly! Both Staff Members and Forge Critics have the ability to "Nominate" maps for community favorites. When a map is nominated it is given an extra push towards being on the ballot for the vote that month. Exciting, right?! There are many Forge Critics on the site and we are relying on your seasoned input to make this system work. If you are not a critic, you are still encouraged to voice your opinions on maps to both Staff and Critics as these people can represent your wishes as well. The "Nominate" option can be found on the right-hand side of the map post under the section "Map Tools"

What's more, we are establishing a new and consistent release schedule for community favorites results. Members can look forward to seeing the results announced within the first week of the month following the vote timeline. For example, the results for the August vote will be released on Wednesday, September 7th. On top of all that, the results announcement will be coupled by an awesome video created by our amazing video team! Big changes all around!

Everyday more and more awesome content gets created and it’s amazing what the community can do! Let’s take some time to highlight some of the latest and greatest from the past week.

NOTE: ALL CONTENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED BY CLICKING THE CORRESPONDING IMAGE

9-3final(1).jpg
    Tardis 2008 by Activate Halo

Kicking us off this week is this ultra cool remake of the Tardis from the popular series, Doctor Who by @ACTIVATE HALO . This extremely detailed and well planned piece recreates the iconic time traveling payphone in Forge and the attention to detail is stellar all around!

9-3final(2).jpg
    Ark Hologram by SimoneEKO16

The Ark needs no introduction to the seasoned Halo veteran. This monolithic Forerunner construct was the safe haven of the galaxies species before the Halo Array was fired and was the venue of the final fight between the Forerunners and the Flood. @SimoneEKO16 has created a hologram representation of the iconic location and prefabbed it special just for you. Check it out!

9-3final(3).jpg
    What Is The Best Forge Block?

@GrayishPoppy210 has started a new forum thread geared at answering one simple question. What is the best block in Forge? Well. What is it!? No, don't tell me, go to his thread and tell everyone else. Tell the world!

Brusky0086 - Mountain Pass - A Halo 5 Map By WooleySole584

TheRoflzDude - Halo 5 Forge Map Game Test: HALO 4 LANDFALL REMAKE! [Gameplay]

Ascend Hyperion - Ivory Tower (2017) | Halo 5 Forge Map Faeture

Comedy Aerosol - Halo 5 Custom Game - Cookies

Everyday ForgeHub grows a little more. We wanna take this time to say hello to our new members each week as well as give them a chance to say hello to everyone, new and old.

Here are this week's new members:

@AnthonyNBBWT @Articc @ATA FIGHTER @AtlasPlayz @BabyJ @BrightBlueFox @Daimyo @Dom Vs Wild @Dr0iD @esogio @Face Wrecker 4 @Fuma @Hative @Icy Screams @ITS ALLGOOD @JakeMild @James Curnutte @Jeremy Ryan @JoeyClutch @Jofinn @KaoticCR7 @Kayozz @Killtasturfy @Kolton @Kryptonaut_ @lol Xealocity @Naqser @PandaGhost @Payg Bitz @Radski @RamsyVonHinten @Reflexit @samuelcooke @Scaryotic @Spacechrist @StrikeFall G @SuperGreenGuy @TeancomPMG @The Meta Chief @TJtheForger @Valentino @Versatile @XHedgehog @xXrampage94Xx @Yungenwn @Zach from Halo

Welcome to the site everyone! On behalf of the ForgeHub Team, we hope you enjoy your stay! Consider posting you maps, creating forum threads, commenting on other's work and playing in custom lobbies to meet new people. regardless, we hope to see you around :)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some maps? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

And so concludes another weekly update. Remember that the Clip/Pic of the Week section is 100% influenced by you, the community. Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below and if you have suggestions for new weekly categories, don't be shy! Until next time, see ya' later!

#1 Ascend Hyperion, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Ascend Hyperion, Sep 2, 2017.

1. KeeLoker
      KeeLoker
      So...I don't think the creator of "The Oracles Playlist" is active on forgehub or even halo anymore..I used to be subbed to his channel but he said was going to pursue other things.
      --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2017 ---
      Also as a suggestion, it would be interesting to have like a poll of the week too. Just to add some community interactivity. It could literally be any random question halo related or not. Just a thought
    2. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      Good eye. I was sure I had deleted that but I guess not. That is also a good idea regarding polls.
      GrayishPoppy210, Nitro and KeeLoker like this.
    3. ACTIVATE HALO
      ACTIVATE HALO
      Wow! Thanks for the spotlight Ascend!
    4. brusky0086
      brusky0086
      Welcome All New Members !!;)
    5. ExTerrestr1al
      ExTerrestr1al
      what do you need to do to get a video listed, be like... popular or something?
      Ascend Hyperion likes this.
    6. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      Popular in a subjective sense. But reliability and quality have more to do with it than that. There is a decent sized pool of Halo channels that we try to pull from each week.

(This time around all the Halo channels were only talking about COD though)
      ExTerrestr1al likes this.
    7. ExTerrestr1al
      ExTerrestr1al
      no, I mean the creator, does he or she need to be in the "in" crowd or something? I guess that's an affirmative, since you are mentioning known Halo channels... okay. :(
    8. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      There's no "in-crowd". The list has 30 channels on it. We just focus on videos that have some relevancy with Forge, i.e features, tutorials, discussion etc. The goal is to avoid just putting random Halo content on there. If we did you'd be seeing lore and prediction videos each week haha.
      ExTerrestr1al likes this.
    9. ExTerrestr1al
      ExTerrestr1al
      but if you work hard on something and you want it to get noticed, you just have to hope someone noticed? Or is there no way to make submissions for consideration?
    10. icyhotspartin
      icyhotspartin
      IMG_1313.PNG Are we supposed to be excited for this?

*edit*

Yes we are
      Reading comprehension level of 2/10
      ACTIVATE HALO and ExTerrestr1al like this.
    11. eLantern
      eLantern
      "The 'Nominate' option can be found on the right-hand side of the map post under the section 'Map Tools'"

"Map Tools" and the "Nominate" option are reserved for Critics and Staff Members, correct? I ask because as a lowly peon I don't see those things when looking at a map.
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
      a Chunk and Ascend Hyperion like this.
    12. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      @ExTerrestr1al if you have a Forge channel you want us to check out just link it here. Keep in mind that in terms of features content we avoid self promotion ie. Personal map features

@eLantern Haha you're not a peon. But yes only Critics and Staff can see the option
      eLantern likes this.