Weekly Update 9-11-17

Discussion in 'Halo Discussion' started by Shooty Person, Sep 8, 2017.

By Shooty Person on Sep 8, 2017 at 2:15 AM
  1. Shooty Person

Shooty Person Three Grunts in a Trench Coat
    Staff Member

banner2.png
    Real Men Don't Read Maps

Now, now. I know what you're all thinking in those big beautiful brains of yours'. "Wow, TWO Weekly Updates on time in a row? I must be on the wrong website because this certainly isn't the ForgeHub I know!" Well I sure hope you're ready to buckle down and get ready to do some weekly reading, because times are a'changin' here at the 'Hub. This stunning revelation brings me to what I'm sure is (not really) everyone's next question; "Who's this guy? Where's Ascend? Omicron?" Well look no further for the fruition of your feelings full of fervor will soon be finished! The answer is as simple as the question; They're dead!

Dead tired that is! And just like any great Americans, what have they done with their work when the load becomes too much to bear? You guessed it! They outsourced it to the lowest bidding foreigners! On that note, 涂油和润滑, everyone! Shooty Person here to deliver this week's highlights straight to your hungry eyes. Below we'll find a seven course meal chocked full of spotlights, insights, updates and more! But be careful not to consume this delectable Forge content too quickly, because it'll go straight to your Support Arm [2x16x16 arm]s.

New Meat. Seared, Just the Way I Like it.

Have you dreamed of someday writing your very own Weekly Update? (I know I'm living the dream!) Do you spend countless hours daydreaming about the power you would have as a ForgeHub Moderator? How about the illustrious position of washing WARHOLIC's car? If so, your longed-after fantasies may become a reality! ForgeHub is still hiring! If you'd like to wax on, wax off all over our forums, head on over to this lovely article to see if the position you crave is still hot on the market. And hey, if not, why not try something new?

Tune Town

On September 6th, 2017, 343 Industries rolled out the initial phase of their much-awaited weapon tuning update. This patch will focus on reducing weapon redundancy and promoting the intended use of each weapon in Halo 5: Guardians massive sandbox of death slingers. Currently, the update is in Phase One (think of this as a pre-test), with Phase Two adding the official Weapon Tuning Test playlist, beginning today on September 11th.

From loadouts to power weapons and everything in between, in addition to teasing some new "odds and ends" that will be available come November, check out 343's official statement here!

Whiz Kids

The late great founder of ForgeHub, WARt Elias Forgey, once said "ForgeHub will never be complete so long as there is imagination left in the community." And it is with great pleasure that I'd like to formerly introduce our newest group of team members, the Stream Team! Now without further ado, I'd like to introduce the captain of the Piss Patr-AHEM- I MEAN STREAM TEAM, Max Extra!

"Hey I'm Max Extra and this is the Stream Team. We Stream."

When asked for further comment, Max said "We Stream video games."

That's it! That's all he wanted to say, folks. Let those words really soak in and let us know how they make you feel inside. Perhaps they make you feel, lets say, relieved?

Nothing brings our community closer together than a little competition, (except maybe the occasional strangling, but that's rare). Our recently announced 1v1 contest has brought out so many beautifully crafted maps, it'll make your cybernetic optical receptors spin! Let's check out some of our favorites so far based on the art and aesthetics.

NOTE: ALL CONTENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED BY CLICKING THE CORRESPONDING IMAGE

throneofbloodwu.png
    Throne of Blood by Pat Sounds and Dylan Donahoe

Simplistic, serene, juicy, all these words can accurately describe the collaboration between seasoned forge veterans @Pat Sounds and @Dylan Donahoe. This map is a testament to the age old saying "Less is more", as the simplistic design of their castle-like structure is both gorgeous to look at and easy on the piece usage. Also, that distant pyramid and use of FX! :yes:

legacywu.png
    Legacy by Cougar Cleal14 and Hairy Mcclairy

Legacy took on the challenge of recreating Halo 4's forerunner aesthetic in forge, what with it's moody lighting and foreboding atmosphere. Legacy not only hits the nail on the head here, but it drives the nail through the board so far that you'll never be able to pull it out, no matter how hard you try! @Cougar cleal14 and newcomber @Hairy Mcclairy have truly crafted a stunning playspace.

lorekeeperwu.png
    Lorekeeper by El Dunco

@Dunco did it, folks. Breaking convention, he created a map that doesn't take place in a sewer. And what a step up this is! Lorekeeper brings combatants to a uniquely styled fantasy setting in which it is easy to immerse yourself. Complete with swaying lantern, the central structure pulls you in to experience a world full of lively greenery, fantastic architecture, and of course, magic.

jaguarwu.png
    Jaguar by Chronmeister

We could always use new twists on old favorites when it comes to styles, and that is exactly what @Chronmeister pulls off here with Jaguar, a heavily vertical 1v1 map that brings players deep into the jungle to experience the simplicity and ornate décor that accompanies this ancient Mayan temple. The attention to detail is astounding, which shines brightest in the map's mural depicting what one could only assume is a crude Mayan god, patiently awaiting his next sacrifice. Why don't you hop on into a 1v1 and help him get what he wants?

Forge Labs - Halo 6 - Expanding Forge (Part 1)

TheRoflzDude - Halo 5 Prefabs - HALO REACH REVENANT! [Drive-able Vehicle]

TBrusky0086 - Sphys - A Glorious Covenant Halo 5 Map by Ryilz noble 7

xXBarthXx - Halo 5 Forge Showcase #15: Solace (H4)

Everyday ForgeHub grows a little more. We wanna take this time to say hello to our new members each week as well as give them a chance to say hello to everyone, new and old.

Here are this week's new members:

@arni @ChuckB @Clif @DaftGuard @Dr0iD @FrostieXD @Fuma @JasMa @John Robb @Joshua Zanotto @ONI777777 @Ozark Targaryen @Philip152 @Reflexit @Syntrick @TheArchaeon @Worthy @Zaden

Welcome to the site everyone! On behalf of the ForgeHub Team, we hope you enjoy your stay! Consider posting your maps, creating forum threads, commenting on other's work and playing in custom lobbies to meet new people. Regardless, we hope to see you around :)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some Halo? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

Before our regular copy/paste spiel, I'd like to say thank you in advance for welcoming me to the team and reading my very first (and hopefully not last) community update here on ForgeHub. It's been fun, but all good articles must come to an end, so this is Shooty Person signing off. :cool:

And so concludes another weekly update. Remember that the Clip/Pic of the Week section is 100% influenced by you, the community. Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below and if you have suggestions for new weekly categories, don't be shy! Until next time, see ya' later!

#1 Shooty Person, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Halo Discussion' started by Shooty Person, Sep 8, 2017.