Weekly Update 6-20-17

Discussion in 'Articles' started by The Omicron, Jun 19, 2017.

By The Omicron on Jun 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM
  1. The Omicron

The Omicron #corruptstuff
    Staff Member Forge Critic

S2BSbannerWU.jpg Soon To Be Summer

Hey Forgehub! The 0micron here with a quick dose of your weekly update goodness! It's crazy to think that Summer officially begins in one day (Just kidding, it starts today, because this article was suppose to go up yesterday, my bad)! I can't wait to stay inside and crank the A/C all day long. Without more of my nonsensical delay, here's the weekly update :whale:

To Be Continued...

We have some really exciting stuff brewing behind-the-scenes that we are very eager to share with all of you soon; so stay tuned in and be on the lookout later this week.

Medieval Mayhem

Last week, 343i updated matchmaking to include a new Castle Wars playlist under Social Arena. If that's your cup of tea then be sure to hop in and give it a go! Highly recommend if you're a bad shot like me and do better with an energy sword.

Everyday more and more awesome content gets created and it’s amazing what the community can do! Let’s take some time to highlight some of the latest and greatest from the past week.

NOTE: ALL CONTENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED BY CLICKING THE CORRESPONDING IMAGE

apartment027.jpg
    Apartment 027 by Yami no Fukuro

Well, as you may have guessed, Apartment 027 is an aesthetic map based off of, you guessed it, an apartment. Yami has beautifully created a truly unique environment that she encourages people to use for machinimas. From the realistic layout of the rooms, to the soft lighting from the lamps, to the modern fireplace and furniture, it's almost startling that this can all be done in Halo 5 so well. What makes this map stand out from some similar maps is the intuitive scripting thats implemented throughout the areas that adds that little extra believability. Very awesome and well done Yami!

bleakrock.jpg
    Bleak Rock by PREACHER x21x

Set in an abandoned island base, Bleak Rock is a linear infection map that has players grasping onto life as they traverse through varied environments. Consisting of 4 phases, each has it's own unique feel and gameplay style that makes the rounds more interesting as they progress. Preacher x21x managed to balance the aesthetics and gameplay without having visual performance issues while maintaining an environment that feels large in scale. Be sure to check this one out if you're a linear infection fan!

aloneViral.jpg
    Alone: Viral by Immortal Mason

Alone: Viral is an infection map that has you bunkered down in a beautiful house while surrounded by the approaching infected. I'll be honest and say that I have not had a chance to play on the map but after taking a quick peek in forge and noticing some of the most intricate and clever aesthetic details that I have ever seen, I knew it deserved to be highlighted here. The kitchen and downstairs with the home theatre and arcade machines left me awestruck. I can't wait to see what else Immortal Mason has in store for us in the future! Be sure to give it a download to check it out for yourself.

Buddy Jumps - Halo 5 | Diversity of Forge

TheRoflzDude - Halo 5 HSFN Maps - 'Arc Temple'

Ascend Hyperion - Yggdrasil | Halo 5 Forge Map Feature

Forge Labs - Portal Halo 5 Puzzle Map

Everyday ForgeHub grows a little more. We wanna take this time to say hello to our new members each week as well as give them a chance to say hello to everyone, new and old.

Here are this week's new members:

@Bivo @Caelan @Calebray - ちゃん @Cameron Young @Dodo72 @EpicMa55sacer @Epsilon Halo @KiloBit More @lukeslongd @Massachusetts @maxx426 @porkedmypine @Sean Ashcraft @Slidsauce @Soulfyr @Tony_R @WinterHysteria @Wolfman @WPX Vampire

Welcome to the site everyone! On behalf of the ForgeHub Team, we hope you enjoy your stay! Consider posting you maps, creating forum threads, commenting on other's work and playing in custom lobbies to meet new people. regardless, we hope to see you around :)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some maps? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

7:00pm - The Oracles Playlist (2-12) - GuiltySparkx

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

Saturday:

3:00pm - Corn’s Corny Customs (4v4 and Exterm) - ImDahUnicorn

Well that brings this weekly update to a close! Let us know how we could improve our format and leave any suggestions down below for us to consider! Thanks for reading! Until next time, I'll see you starside - 0mi :forgehub:

#1 The Omicron, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by The Omicron, Jun 19, 2017.