Weekly Update 5-15-17

Discussion in 'Halo Discussion' started by The Omicron, May 13, 2017.

By The Omicron on May 13, 2017 at 7:53 PM
  1. The Omicron

The Omicron #corruptstuff
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Weekly_update_WAYFARE.jpg
    Traveling and Unraveling

For this Weekly Update, I'm filling in for Ascend Hyperion, who usually does these articles, so please forward any and all hate mail directly to my personal inbox; Thank you. With that out of the way, lets hop in to this week's update!

Feeling the Heat

HCS Daytona was all fired up this weekend with tons of great matches and upsets. As everyone that could attend is surely basking in the glorious Florida sun, I've been sitting in my chair looking out the window at the relentless rain wishing I could've been there. With a total prize pool of 75k I'm sure those teams were sweating a little though.

Approaching the Finish Line

The winners of the recent Extermination contest will finally be announced this week! It's been a long process to dwindle down all of the contest submissions but after countless testing lobbies (running way longer than anyone ever expected), the remaining few have been finalized! Be on the look out for that article coming later this week.

Classic Comeback

Ske7ch recently tweeted out that the sustain team is working on a "classic" settings rotational playlist that is sourced from Halo 3 map remakes. Along with that information, there are plans for a separate Halo 2 playlist to come afterwards. Now would be a great time to finish that map remake you never finished from 6 months ago. Once you finish, be sure to post it on Forgehub for everyone to see and check it out!

Everyday more and more awesome content gets created and it’s amazing what the community can do! Let’s take some time to highlight some of the latest and greatest from the past week.

THAUMATURGE.jpg
    Thaumaturge by Foge

Staying true to the original Halo 2 design, Foge has beautifully recreated Warlock with a unique twist in visuals that are sure to leave you gazing up at all of the pretty beams of light instead of helping your dying teammate next to you (or maybe that was just me). Regardless, be sure to check this map out for yourself!

TGC_Banner.jpg

Coming back after a long hiatus, The Gravemind Community has started back up and has big plans for future content released on their channel. TGC is composed of Cursed Skeleton, xVolcanic Decay and Ascend Hyperion. They plan on creating more map and prefab spotlights along with design tutorials to help newer forgers with layout. The channel has a strong focus on Infection in their content, so if that's your cup of tea than be sure to check them out!

Forge Labs - Halo 5 Game Night - Empire Strikes Back

Comedy Aerosol - Halo 5 Challenge Wars - Ep. 1

TheRolfzDude - 'The Pit of Sanghelios' [H3 The Pit Remake]

Aozolai - Halo 5 Warzone Maps | Change Custom Game Settings (Tutorial)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some maps? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

8:00pm - Duke After Dark (4v4) - Duke of Mearl

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Wednesday:

9:00pm - Krusher Wednesdays (2-16) - STRAY morais

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

Saturday:

3:00pm - Corn’s Corny Customs (4v4 and Exterm) - ImDahUnicorn

BaconMedia has once again outdone himself with this beautiful rendition of the Sky Tower from Oblivion. If you enjoyed the video, be sure to check out his others on his channel!​
    This wraps up another weekly update; Apologies for the condensed article this week! If you have any suggestions for us to help improve, please feel free to let us know or one of the staff members personally! Thanks for being a part of this awesome community and we look forward to what the week ahead brings us. Until next time (if I get a next time), see you later! :whale:

#1 The Omicron, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Halo Discussion' started by The Omicron, May 13, 2017.