1. Attention ForgeHub! For those who are submitting their maps for the 1v1 Forge Contest, the 2 week grace period was replaced with a hard submission date by October 16th at 11:59 PM PST. Any submissions that are submitted after the deadline will not be considered eligible. Have any questions regarding this, please discuss here https://www.forgehub.com/threads/1v1-forge-contest-discussion.156679/ . Good luck and Forge on! -Nitro
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Update 10-2-17

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shooty Person, Oct 1, 2017.

By Shooty Person on Oct 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM
  1. Shooty Person

Shooty Person Three Grunts in a Trench Coat
    Staff Member

flood_banner.jpg
    Spooky, Huh?

"I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine, and sing victory everlasting." It's been 10 years and 7 days since that line was uttered from the guttural maw of the Gravemind in Halo 3's Floodgate, and yet it still sends shivers down the spines of gamers old and new, as do all of the Gravemind's poetic monologues.

Hey, Hub, Shooty Person returning for my second article on the site, meaning I wasn't fired for trying too hard to entertain and winding up transparent. Since today is officially the second day of the scariest month of the year (well, unless you count Thanksgiving with your racist extended family members!), I thought I'd start off with a short list of some of our most frightening encounters on the digital battlefield, provided by our devilishly handsome staff. After being exposed to our terrifying tales and scary spectacles, prepare to drop into some mind-numbingly awesome Halo content!

"A more recent one was when I was forging in a lobby all by myself for hours and I didn't realize I had my lobby open. I was focused on building my map and I heard footsteps. I look over to see someone running and jumping towards where I was working. It caught me so off guard that my heart stopped. I just looked at him, shaking my oracle and backing away fast. I thought my game was closed like it usually is so I didn't think it was someone and thought it was some weird Herobrine scenario since I had been forging for hours. He legitimately scared the -Blam- out of me."
    -Sir DIEron Wolf

"Playing Halo 3: ODST in the dimly lit streets of New Mombasa, I approached a band of Hunter brothers. Rather than take on the Meglekgolo menaces, I diverted my course through a small building to escape their hulking fists. When I realized I had to backtrack, I began working my way back out of the building with my VISR mode disabled in complete darkness. The game was eerily silent when I heard a frightening roar. I quickly turned on VISR mode to catch only a glimpse of a massive Hunter charging at me through the tiny claustrophobic hallway. It had to be less that a half a second before I was slammed into the wall and killed. THAT was truly more effective than any planned jump scare."
    -Spooky Person

"The scariest moment I had was perusing the Halo 3 fileshare screenshots and having one of those lewd spawn/weapon art ones pop up... Right as my mom walked in."

-Max Hextra

Have an encounter that left you scarred for life? Maybe you're too tough to feel fear, but if not, let us hear about a time Halo left you shaken in the replies below!

Hard Hat Zone

This week we've been treated to some lovely site renovations! (Ooh, aah.) As noted by some of our members, there have been some strange bugs about the website while these features become available. Anybody notice the shoutbox missing?! That was the most peaceful hour we've ever seen... We may experience some further slight dips in performance as we roll out our newfangled features to you forge loving folks. You can expect a full statement soon detailing all of our exciting new functions and settings. My personal favorite is the one where you can choose to deposit money directly into my bank account! Wait, what do you mean that one didn't get approved..? Let me talk to Warholic! I dema-

Stay Woke

This last week we saw the release of Halo Wars 2's newest and most critically acclaimed DLC campaign 'Awakening the Nightmare'. Most notably, fans can expect the return of our long absent parasitical pals The Flood to the universe! How will these ancient enemies re-awaken? What sort of impact will they have on the future of our beloved universe? DID Atriox essentially ding-dong ditch the Gravemind?! All of these questions receive their respective answers in Halo Wars 2's 'Awakening the Nightmare' available now for $19.99 USD.

It's Over. I Have the High Ground.

As I'm sure you've failed to escape the news, Halo 3's 10th birthday was September 25th, 2017. To fester in these festivities, why not head over to the Halo 3 Classic Throwback Playlist in Halo 5? If you haven't yet seen the glorious remakes done by our talented forge community, (and who HASN'T?!) the Halo 3 Classic Throwback Playlist currently boasters a glamorous roster of Guardian, High Ground, Isolation, Citadel, Snowbound (Gravemind hiss and shudder), The Pit and Ghost Town. Hop on the nostalgia train and take a trip back to this iconic map rotation today in Halo 5: Guardians!

"Do I take life or give it? Who is victim, and who is foe?" A natural classic, Infection has always been a fan favorite game type. Like a parasite leaching onto your nervous system, Infection's release into Halo 5 spawned some incredible mode-specific maps. Today, great infection maps are still rearing their brains up to the top of our watch-list for incredible experiences. Here are a few of the more recent sickly stages.

NOTE: ALL CONTENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED BY CLICKING THE CORRESPONDING IMAGE

SEA.jpg
    Seasick by UnknownEmerald

With a map in the Infection playlist under their belt, @UnknownEmerald returns to the zombie scene with his latest take on the mode; Seasick. The map is rocking the simplistic look of an abandoned sea-port town, complete with crashed and decaying ships, overgrowing trees and ocean blue trims. What makes this map stand out the most in terms of gameplay, is it's unique inclusion of a zipline that brings players from the uppermost part of the map back to uninfected spawn. Hopefully the only thing you'll lose on Seasick is your lunch.

ENSH.jpg
    Enshroud by Trypal

Enshroud takes players deep under the surface to an ancient temple writhe with secrets. @Trypal has Spartans fighting toe-to-toe with their undead brethren in an orange-lit chasm that hides an ancient evil. In the lore of the map, an excavation team turned over a stone they weren't meant to find, unleashing Hell upon their crew and leaving the UNSC scrambling for the exits. Take a tour of the temple and don't forget to prey.

yam.jpg
    Yamamura by PUNISHER2510

If I had to choose three words to describe Yamamura, they'd be the following. Purple. Samurai. Awesome. Shogun @PUNISHER2510 brings classical Japanese architecture to the ever-growing frontlines of the zombie apocalypse. In addition to the breathtaking scenery, the windows are also breakable, making for some hectic and heart-stopping encounters that are sure to leave you anticipating your opponent's every move. Just keep your anime out of this.

Ascend Hyperion - New/Data-Mined Forge Objects!

TheRoflzDude - Halo 5 - Waterfall Prefab (Natural Forge Prefab)

UberNick - Halo 5 - The Halo 3 Throwback Playlist is Amazing!

Gugga Leunnam - Halo 5: Guardians | Thor: Ragnarok Style | 1080p

Everyday ForgeHub grows a little more. We wanna take this time to say hello to our new members each week as well as give them a chance to say hello to everyone, new and old.

Here are this week's new members:

@117 @Azzaboy97x @hamish-k @Joey55 @Khaai @Krooliger @Ruffgonja @ShinLoneWolf981 @Shutpath @Trypal

Welcome to the site everyone! On behalf of the ForgeHub Team, we hope you enjoy your stay! Consider posting your maps, creating forum threads, commenting on other's work and playing in custom lobbies to meet new people. Regardless, we hope to see you around :)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some Halo? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

And so concludes another weekly update. Remember that the Clip/Pic of the Week section is 100% influenced by you, the community. Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below and if you have suggestions for new weekly categories, don't be shy! Until next time, smell ya later!

#1 Shooty Person, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shooty Person, Oct 1, 2017.