Weekly Update 10-16-17

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shooty Person, Oct 15, 2017.

By Shooty Person on Oct 15, 2017 at 11:41 PM
  1. Shooty Person

Shooty Person Three Grunts in a Trench Coat
    Staff Member

FHspoopybanner.jpg
    Z-Fright!

"Child of my enemy why have you come? I offer no forgiveness. A father's sins, passed to his son."

Greetings Boos and Ghouls to another dastardly installment of the Weekly Update! I'll be your ghost, Shooty Person (again!) for this post-Friday the 13th update that promises not to be a Nightmare on Underwhelm Street. We've had a lot of terrific content over this last month, and 28 Days Later, we still got it going on! The maps I plan to showcase in this week's edition of the ol' update will make forge look like Child's Play, so try not to Scream with excitement when you see these ghoulishly great maps, or else people will think you need an Exorcist. When I first Saw what's in store, It was hard not to!

But don't hold a Grudge, because forge isn't the only thing on the radar this week, as we have some news coming straight off The Ring we know as Halo in general. Without further ado, let's Get Out of this rambling, pun-filled Jigsaw puzzle of an intro, and head directly down into the bright, Shining content below!

The End

Today marks the final day to enter your 1v1 maps in the ForgeHub sponsored community 1v1 contest! All submissions must be made before 11:59 P.M PST TODAY, Monday October 16th, 2017. So if you have an unfinished entry just dangling around your files, crank it out by tonight for your shot at fame, glory, and most importantly that hefty cash prize!

What's Old is New Again

343 Industries continues to surprise us, this time in an exciting new way. The folks upstairs promise to unveil new additions to Halo 5: Guardians in their newest live stream, which takes place in the near future at Oct. 17th, 4P.M PST. In addition to news about the weapon tuning and 4k update, 343 will discuss their newly announced Halo World Championship 2018 in greater detail. You can catch their stream at both www.mixer.com/Halo and www.twitch.tv/Halo.

charity_req-1920x572-firstaid-0ae7584d0a424ea6b76b632fe07b246b.jpg
    Some Well Deserved RnR

The Halo community is coming together to raise money for those effected drastically by the catastrophic weather events in the Caribbean region. This includes areas hit hard by hurricane's Irma, Jose, etc. But we aren't just asking that you donate your money without receiving anything in return, head on over to the REQ Store or Microsoft Store and grab yourself a Relief and Recovery REQ Pack in Halo 5: Guardians for 9.99$ All funds will be donated to the restoration efforts, and you'll get to grab five snazzy new permanent unlocks, along with 10 nifty one-use cards. What's not to love?

We have had a myriad of awesome content since I last checked in with you all. As per tradition, get ready to indulge yourselves in some of the best we have to showcase from this past week!

NOTE: ALL CONTENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED BY CLICKING THE CORRESPONDING IMAGE

oOo.jpg
    Claim Sanctuary by LargerFiend

What can I say? I'm a fan of the giant :O guys @LargerFiend has going on in this stunning 1v1 entry! There's no mistaking this map for another, as you'll be immersed in a spectacularly unique display of craftsmanship for sure! Grab a friend and hop on this arena to duke it out in an explosive way. Make sure you don't become one of those statues' lunch.

hubris.jpg
    Hubris by Pat Sounds and xzamples

Ok, but this one is just gorgeous! Still finding new impressive ways to use Sangheili pieces, @Pat Sounds and @xzamplez pull off what few have; hide them well! Another 1v1 entrant, this playspace will fight hard in the competition, especially when aesthetics come into view. Head on over to Hubris and pump some lead into your friends.

totem.png
    Totem by Unsorted Guy

This map, also a 1v1 Smackdown entrant, emanates a brilliant, vibrant Forerunner structure in a fun-to-play layout. @Unsorted Gaming pulls off a great feel with the surrounding environment. If you have no friends, I still suggest walking around on this one to take in the scenery. Come, on. You know I had to do it tot'em.

washed.png

Washed Up by Weedcough

The only thing I love more than Longshore is Longshore inspired aesthetics. This takes the cake for one of the coolest looking human maps I've personally seen in a long time. @WeedCough made a perfect homage to the Fronk's Fish Nugget docks (seriously, what IS Longshore?) by creating Washed Up, an abandoned S'Moa Burger factory... Ew!

Erydhil - Fallen | Halo 5 Forge Map

Ascend Hyperion - Scaling Basics | Understanding Forge

TonnyT Productions - Halo 5: Forge Living Dead on The Krusty Krab

TheRoflzDude - Halo 5 - More 1v1 Forge Maps (FORGEHUB 1v1 Contest)

Everyday ForgeHub grows a little more. We wanna take this time to say hello to our new members each week as well as give them a chance to say hello to everyone, new and old.

Here are this week's new members:

@ALL REZD OUT @ChiefSpartanV @ChrisTheCool001 @Gentlemen1038 @HurriedPie69297 @Jedemille @Shipmster @WPX Fakefangz

Welcome to the site everyone! On behalf of the ForgeHub Team, we hope you enjoy your stay! Consider posting your maps, creating forum threads, commenting on other's work and playing in custom lobbies to meet new people. Regardless, we hope to see you around :)

Every week there are customs lobbies held by a variety of people for a variety of different purposes. Wanna get your maps played or just play some Halo? Check out the schedule! Note: Times are listed in Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday:

11:59pm - Sunday Night Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

Monday:

11:00pm - The iForge Experience (4-16) - Brusky0086, Hosted Monday - Friday

Thursday:

8:00pm - The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

Friday:

8:45pm - Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

And so concludes another weekly update. Remember that the Clip/Pic of the Week section is 100% influenced by you, the community. Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments below and if you have suggestions for new weekly categories, don't be shy! Until next time, Don't Breathe!

#1 Shooty Person, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shooty Person, Oct 15, 2017.

1. eLantern
      eLantern
      The Washed Up image isn't taking you to the map's ForgeHub page.
      Shooty Person and The Omicron like this.
    2. Pat Sounds
      Pat Sounds
      This was quite a pun-ishing update...Thanks for the mention!
    3. Ryouji Gunblade
      Ryouji Gunblade
      Breathe has an "e."

Edit: Solid.
      :nobleteam:
      :nobleteam::nobleteam:
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    4. Shooty Person
      Shooty Person
      You exist to locate my imperfections, don't you? ;)
      eLantern and Ryouji Gunblade like this.
    5. eLantern
      eLantern
      Lol... well it's either that or I just want to help... who knows for sure though.
    6. Shooty Person
      Shooty Person
      I sure wish my good pals on writing staff who will remain unnamed (COUGH ASCEND COUGH 0MICRON) wanted to help proofread as much! :tedium:
    7. brusky0086
    8. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      It did that last week too. I could have sworn that it was working when I went through pre-post.
      Shooty Person likes this.
    9. Shooty Person
      Shooty Person
      It’s always the last one too! #CorruptXenForoStaff
      eLantern likes this.
    10. RPG3000