UCC:Forge "Pro Testing Lobby" Master Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Merder Smerf, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Merder Smerf

Merder Smerf UCC:Forge

If you are new to this lobby please read all the info below. Pay particular attention to the submission process. THIS LOBBY NO LONGER ACCEPTS SUBMISSIONS DIRECTY FROM FORGERS. Maps are que'd into the UCC lobby through the Alliance Testing Network. More info below.

About this Lobby:

I sponsor a competitive halo team, UCC - Upper Class Combat (or "using cheat codes" if your feeling cheeky). They compete in mlg, they have a coach who works with a top 8 HWC team, and along with the opposing team (who have champion ranks in slayer and breakout) they want to go tryhard on forge maps and put them to the ultimate sweaty test!

Ok so what does all this mean to you; a simple forger of maps? Well, this is your opportunity to see really high level TEAMS (not just talented individuals) play real hard on your map and then give you give you great feedback.

We play three games of your choice on your map back to back and then spend up to 15 minutes answering your questions and discussing the gameplay.

These guys will impress you. Not just with their playing (which is pretty epic) but also with the insightful and well articulated feedback they put forward at the end of each series.
    We stream on twitch so you will be able to tune in live, ask questions, etc. We also make the gameplay and feedback video available to you after the lobby has ended to do with as you please.

Let's get sweaty!

Players and Streaming Schedules:

Lady Vanquish (team captain) - twitch.tv/lady_vanquish (also broadcasts on xbl) Instagram- @FoxyLadyGames

Am1leHigh (team manager) - twitch.tv/amilehighdenver (Mon, Wed @ 8-10pm)

JustNaxxis - (twitch coming soon- broadcasts on xbl) instagram- @just.naxxis

iPrimeDevil - twitch.tv/iprimedevil (Mon-Wed @ 9-11pm)

You can watch them anytime but the times listed, generally 9-11pm est, is when they run together to practice and you're more likely to see the sweat!

Submitting a Map:

Maps must meet certain criteria before they Will be accepted to the UCC lobby. This is done so that maps are getting into the appropriate lobby and forgers are seeing the right kind of results. A map being tested in this lobby should be just about finished; no major issues and ready for tryhard playtesting

In order to get your map into the UCC que you will need a thumbs up from at least 2 of the lobbies in our network, @Duke of Mearl, @iParanormal @Max Extra or @Demption (preferably all four.) These lobbies have a good mix of forgers, casual, and serious players and hosts who are willing to put time in with forgers after teh lobbies to help develop ideas and implement changes discussed in feedback sessions. These are the lobbies where most of the hard work gets done.

When maps receive the requisite greenlights forgers will be contacted with their UCC lobby date. Forgers can see the progress their map has made within ATN and what they need to do to get their greenlights here: .

Please be assured; this lobby is never going to be exclusive in any way. This prerequisite system is being put in place to ensure maps are in the right lobby at the right time and forgers are getting the feedback and support they need to make matchmaking-quality maps.

First tune into
    twitch.tv/iprimedevil. That is the stream you can use to communicate with the players during the feedback session after the match.

Forgers can submit questions before, during, and after testing and we will get those questions answered.

Forgers will receive a YouTube link with their full gameplay and feedback session within 1 week of the lobby.

Gameplay and Feedback Videos:

**Please keep posts in this thread limited to submission requests for the lobby. Map reviews and other discussions should be kept in their appropriate threads.

#1 Merder Smerf, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Sn1p3r C

Sn1p3r C Halo 3 Era
    Creative Force

Looks like I've got the first post... *gulp* =P

The map I'd like to submit is Avenue.

File: Avenue (Beta)
    GT: Sn1p3r C
    Gametypes: Breakout

Been through a bunch of iterations on it with Creative Force, but I've only had a handful of sweaty lobbies, and nothing of this caliber. Really excited, and don't worry about my feelings =) The only thing missing is named volumes, so it should be a good play experience for the pros.

Also, totally fine with players seeing/learning the map ahead of time if they want to. I think that's pretty valuable for this kind of lobby.

Randy 355 and Merder Smerf like this.
  3. Merder Smerf

Great man looking forward to seeing them get after it. I don't think they want to look at the maps ahead of time. Part of their practice for small talk and not making bullshit callouts is to get on unfamiliar maps and just rely on good communication. So they are really looking forward to this.

As an aside I had them play with me on my new map tonight. I played this map in Max's lobby Friday and it seemed to be doing what I wanted it to. Tonight these guys got on there and totally ruined it! Basically it takes too long to get to a stronghold being capped. They figured that **** out in like 2 min. Made a big push to take the third stronghold and then just had us chasing them around the map trying to play catch-up. It was brutal but my map is going to be so much better now. This lobby is going to be really helpful I think.

Matt has Soul likes this.
  4. xMalevolution

xMalevolution Creative Force
    Creative Force

Are you guys strictly doing 4v4 matches, or can I request a 2v2 map placed for tests?

Merder Smerf likes this.
  5. JamesDF

JamesDF Legendary

The map I'd like to submit is Santorini Vector 3.0

File: Santorini Vector 3.0
    GT: Caustic Kirby
    Gametypes:Standard including assault and oddball
    http://www.forgehub.com/maps/santorini-vector.1995/
    You are also free to practice ahead of time on mine if you wish but I would suggest everyone look at it equally if you do.

#5 JamesDF, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Merder Smerf likes this.
  6. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

It's great to see you finally getting this off the ground man. You have my full support. I hope things go well and something like this continues on. Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing the results.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  7. Merder Smerf

Sure thing man. Just post with map name, gt, link to map thread, etc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    Thanks for the support. Everyone is really excited on our end.

8. Merder Smerf

Do you have a map thread up that you can link?

9. MythicFritz

MythicFritz Halo 3 Era
    Creative Force

This is a beautiful thing @Merder Smerf, it's cool to see different ends of the Halo community come together. Looking forward to how this manifests and grows.

File: Knell (Beta)
    GT: MythicFritz
    Gametypes: Breakout

Pretty well tested so no bugs should pop up but would love the input from a group like this.
    I'll try to get a map thread up this week.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  10. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

I'd like to submit Reliquary. It's a Midship 'clone', so I think they'll like it. It's good for Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and Assault/Oddball, of which Ball has the least testing.
    GT is Darkprince909

Really awesome to see stuff like this. Hope it becomes a regular thing, if you guys can manage it.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  11. Duke of Mearl

Forge Critic

Map: solasium
    Gt: Duke of mearl

I'm working on the aesthetics now but it's good to go. Play tests are leaving me with little feedback at this point besides "I like it, it's good" so a different set of eyes would be useful. Slayer/ctf main game types on the map that I've tested. Supports ball and strongholds too.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  12. PharmaGangsta1

PharmaGangsta1 Dr. Deathpit

Map: Aegae (Sound familiar, Smerf?)
    GT- PharmaGangsta1
    2v2 or 1v1 preferred
    Set up for slayer (duh), oddball
    Been testing it frequently but with different people, haven't been able to see how it plays once players become familiar with it. Hoping that the complexity of the design becomes easier to understand and navigate over the period of a couple of games. Trying out different weapon sets and I'm hoping to stick with what I have now.

Also, this is an awesome thread! I wish we had more of these.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  13. Merder Smerf

I'm really happy this is going over so well. I also really like the idea of different sort of sub-communities within the halo-verse coming together. I feel like its a win for all involved. I know my guys are really psyched to get on new maps.

Both teams crush in breakout. This should be awesome. Your map has been added for 3/28. Get a thread up for feedback. I'll be posting more info on feedback in a few.
    It's definitely going to be regular. The team is using it as part of their regular practice schedule so we are committed.

your map is added. We are going to play 3 games on each map. What three game types would you like them to play?
    Your map is added. The team will be putting in 3 games per map. What would you like them to play?
    Your map is added for 3/28. What three game types would you like tested?

14. Merder Smerf

When submitting maps for the lobby please list:
    Gamertag:
    Map name:
    3 game types you would like played:
    link to map thread for feedback:

15. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

Let's do Strongholds, Assault, and Oddball. I know Slayer and CTF are golden on it already.

Merder Smerf likes this.
  16. PharmaGangsta1

Slayer and oddball, its not set up for strongholds but I can add it

17. Merder Smerf

3 games so- 2 slayer 1 oddball? 1 slay 2 odd? u call it homie

18. Duke of Mearl

Forge Critic

@Merder Smerf

Slayer, CTF and Assault

I will be setting up a map thread for it over the next day or so

Merder Smerf likes this.
  19. PharmaGangsta1

2 slay 1 odd

Merder Smerf likes this.
  20. Max Extra

Max Extra Forged Friday Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic

if I can drop 2 maps that would be awesome other wise I'd like to see breached open over numb

Max Extra
    Breached Open
    1. Strongholds
    2. Oddball
    3. Slayer
    If enough room I'd like to see 2v2 on
    Numb
    1. Slayer
    2. CTF
    3. Assault
    again only play numb if there is room my focus ATM is breached

Merder Smerf likes this.