The split screen debacle

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by HardlinePro, Jul 26, 2020.

1. HardlinePro

HardlinePro Heroic

In 2018 in was confirmed by Bonnie Ross that Halo Infinite would have 4 player split screen (not specifying whether this is for campaign, multiplayer, or both).

Flash-forward to 2020 after the reveal, many media outlets reiterate the fact that Halo Infinite will have 4 player split screen (not specifying whether this is for campaign, multiplayer, or both).

A day later, Jerry Hook and Brian Jarrard of 343 correct the reports, stating that campaign will be limited to 2 player split screen (not mentioning multiplayer at all).

You can look at this as a backtrack, or 343 beating around the bush (as I do), however the fact remains that we still do not know whether or not multiplayer will have 4 player split screen as was promised back in 2018 by Bonnie Ross.

I am guessing multiplayer will not have 4 player split screen due to 343's beating around the bush and the cryptic Tweet from Jerry Hook. I have Tweeted them to clarify, however I have not received a response.

I really hope Halo Infinite's multiplayer will support 4 player split screen, as I still enjoy playing local matches with my two brothers and father.

Soldat Du Christ likes this.
  2. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Spartan I

They are so shady, if i was phil spencer i would be so disappointed in 343 who was supposed to make a true next gen game, which infinite hasn't proven itself to be yet

3. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

I still have faith it will be in there. 2 player split for campaign is par far the course.