The return of Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by n0body1998, Jan 3, 2020.

1. n0body1998

n0body1998 New Member

Disclaimer: I have been out of the Forgehub loop since about 2013.

What is the plan going to be with the MCC on PC? Will a Reach subforum be opened again? It seems to be all about Halo 5 now (which is understandable) but when Forge comes out on PC it will probably revitalize the Forging scene, and Forgehub has always played an essential role. Personally I am bustling with ideas and looking forward to tinkering with Reach's Forge again.

2. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Spartan I

Is that an ergo proxy profile pic?

3. NikkoJT

NikkoJT ONI Agent
    Forge Critic

It's still possible to submit maps to the Reach category on FH, so I imagine the "plan", such as it is, is to continue allowing people to submit Reach maps.

Personally I probably won't do much with Reach Forge - aesthetics are too important to me and Reach's limited palette is very restrictive in that respect.

4. n0body1998

n0body1998 New Member

VA-11 HALL-A.

I can't find a category for Reach unless we're supposed to post maps in the archive? Reach's revival is pretty big and they are expanding the palette when it comes out.

5. NikkoJT

NikkoJT ONI Agent
    Forge Critic

Click "Maps" at the top. Click "Add Map" at the top right. In the "Game" dropdown, select Halo: Reach.

As for the palette, they're adding some new items, but not that many, and we're probably never going to get the extensive primitives library that H5 has (and certainly never things like textures and overlays).

6. n0body1998

n0body1998 New Member

Is there also a way to filter maps by game?

7. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Nope. If you're looking for specific map, use the normal Search function. Otherwise, virtually all of the submitted Reach Maps are here: https://www.forgehub.com/forums/halo-reach-archive.300/

There were probably less than 20 maps submitted for Reach after the current Maps section was implemented on the site. Everything else is at the link I provided.

8. n0body1998

n0body1998 New Member

I know about the archives - don't you think the map section should be updated to allow filtering by game? Even if Reach maps are posted at a lower frequency (which will IMO definitely change when Forge is officially out on PC - I know I will get to work atleast) it's still worthwhile to be able to find them. The archives are a graveyard, most maps have pictures that don't exist anymore.

a Chunk likes this.
  9. Max Extra

Max Extra Forged Friday Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic

I agree that the search function sucks at the moment, and with future site updates we hope to have that fixed. Admins and staff can't do much at the moment to fix that though even if we wanted.

As for a subforum, I imagine that's doable but will need to talk it over with the others. I don't see the harm it popping it back out.

a Chunk likes this.