The Library - Unfinished Linear Infection Map for Adoption

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Randy 355, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Randy 355

Randy 355 Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Senior Member

Hello!

So I've got this old project @Black Picture and I were working on for Linear Infection. It's based on The Library from Halo CE. The map layout and aesthetics are pretty much 100% complete. It's the scripting that's an unfinished mess. Rather than just leaving this map on the cutting room floor, I thought maybe you guys would want to breathe new life into it for Linear Infection. If not, so be it.

We have some of the Large Doors working, but not all. We were going to use the Pistons to make the doors close smoothly, and make a loud noise once done (it's really an awesome idea Black Picture came up with). Defending positions, Infected spawns, and other small important details are broken and likely would need to be redone from the ground up.

Below you'll find some screenshots, as well as the Game Design Document I made for it. The Game Design Document goes through each phase, and has a top down view of the map that displays each phase. This way you can get an idea of what I wanted out of the map. Let me know if you're interested. I won't be much help, but I can answer questions and help test the map as well.

- Download Map Here -
    - Download Game Design Document Here -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Download Map Here -
    - Download Game Design Document Here -

2. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 ONI Agent

I wouldn't just pass this on to someone else. This is your map and as you say it's pretty much done. All you need is someone like Exterrestial to come in and do the scripting for you. Any changes that need to be made once it's working should be up to you. You've clearly put in a lot of work to this.

3. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Heroic

i've never scripted for linear infection before, but perhaps I could...

4. Randy 355

Normally I wouldn't want to but I'm not forging like I used to. I got what I wanted out of this, and that was to recreate Halo CE's Library as accurate as possible visually. That and to actually practice creating design documents to push an idea into fruition. All that I really want is to see it playable. Your sentiment is certainly in the right place though, and I appreciate that!

You definitely are welcome to try! It looks like I may have another taker who contacted me via Discord as well. If that person decides for sure I'll update the thread so nobody feels like time is wasted if someone else is already doing it.

5. ACTIVATE HALO

If you really want to give it away... I can take it on.

I basically only script and make liner infection maps. So I know I can do it and do it well.

6. SaltyKoala

SaltyKoala Mythic
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'll finish it for you if you can get get us a permanent "community forge map" playlist in H5. It can be 1v1, 2v2, or 4v4. Hell maybe the playlist can be permanent, but the player counts/maps rotational.

Absolutely unacceptable that this hasn't been a thing since year 1. I' never seen a game company so willing to shut the community out in favor of their own content. It's almost as if they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot. You got the job, awesome, now make this happen for us.

If your already on the payroll, this would basically be a zero cost investment for them with only positive outcome for both them the forgers and the players.

7. ACTIVATE HALO

8. Spranklz

Spranklz Mythic

Exterm. As much as I hate to say it.

---

Anyway, your map looks dope; and I really respect "I got what I wanted out of this."

Randy 355 likes this.
  9. Randy 355

Thanks everyone for the replies! I've now got the ball rolling with someone wanting to work on this, so there's no need to have multiple doing it. If something changes I'll update this thread.

ExTerrestr1al and Nitro like this.