The Flood evolution and alternative forms

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Preacher001, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

Thought I would start a little discussion about the flood and more specifically the idea of more advanced evolutionary forms. Would they be plausible, and more importantly would they be fun to fight.

Here's what I'm thinking, I know there's the Gravemind but what I'm imagining is the flood realizing they require more autonomy and intellect to infiltrate the infrastructure of higher level species. IE Humans and the Covenant. In doing so I'm imagining a flood form that is less infection like and more an idealized flood form based off of the varied species they have encountered. Since these are highly advanced forms they cannot be spawned from infection but instead spawned directly from the Gravemind or something similar. Some of these advanced forms may be capable of communicating while others may have advanced combat or spawning roles.

I would also really like to see Flood infected creatures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

Further on this topic I think it may be interesting to imagine a Halo game that is not Chief-centric built around the premise that a you are a part of a small military team that stumbles upon a planet that is entirely controlled and populated by the flood. Due to damages to your ship in your recent battle you are stranded and incapable of contacting the UNSC. This planet may or may not have originally had humanoid life forms on it but it is clearly a breading ground for the previously mentioned advanced flood forms. It appears as though the flood is attempting to create an army filled with a variety of flood forms. Since your military team has neither the forces nor the technology to destroy the planet you decide to infiltrate the planet and utilize planet-side technology to destroy the flood from within.

It may also be interesting if some of these advanced flood forms in their autonomy created a faction that is fighting to maintain their alternative ideology and independence.

How would the flood fight it's own?
    Would they by their own nature be immune to flood infection?
    Would they still view the rest of the universe a threat or something to conquer?
    Would they be fighting purely for freedom from the flood or would they fighting to dominate the flood?

3. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Spartan I

That small team would get messed up

4. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

Ummm noooo, because Halo

[​IMG]

Soldat Du Christ likes this.