Status Report

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Portaleer, Aug 11, 2020.

By Portaleer on Aug 11, 2020 at 6:04 PM
  1. Portaleer

Portaleer THE FORGERUNNER
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Hello everyone! This is a bit of an untimely and sudden announcement that I'm sure many of you are already aware of but we wanted to reach out and touch on this just briefly so that everyone is up to speed on Halo's current development situation. If you haven't already heard, studio head Chris Lee announced earlier this afternoon that Halo: Infinite will be delayed into next year, 2021. I won't sit here and regurgitate everything he has said but we have provided his official statement below for your reading, as follows:

[​IMG]

While this is obviously a big disappointment short-term, there can only be long-term gains from this decision for everyone and I think it's a pretty admirable one to recognize. We've all been through our hardships and shortcomings with this pandemic, and 343 Industries' employees and their partners are no exception. Hopefully we're sitting tight for just a little while longer until they're absolutely ready to give us the Halo everyone truly deserves, and we owe it to them to have just a little bit more patience. We're almost there!

Until next time, Portaleer out.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Portaleer, Aug 11, 2020.

1. GreyMuffinBass
      GreyMuffinBass
      Honestly, the best news I've heard about Infinite!
      I've been hoping they would veto the xbox one version, maybe this is what's happening too.
      I think it might be the best Halo Experience we've ever had.. why rush it?
      The wait is short, and the results will be immeasurable.
      JurassicWeeMan, Nitro and Portaleer like this.
    2. Portaleer
      Portaleer
      Halo Infinite will still remain on multiple platforms. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point though that by the time we see Halo Infinite again, it'll be the next gen. Halo spectacle we've all been waiting for.
      Nitro and GreyMuffinBass like this.
    3. Kenjamin1 MI
      Kenjamin1 MI
      OK with this because it's true we have had an unusual year. Nobody needs to risk their health to complete this.

...but you gotta believe (Phil), after the campaign preview, gathered the troops and asked if this was what they had ready?, 4 months from launch?, on a 2015-start project??
      I am familiar with completing projects, last-minute, under-the-gun, sometimes that pressure can bring out innovation. Had the devs been in their normal environment, they certainly would be closer to 'ready'.

Cheers to 343 for just being more open about progress.
    4. JurassicWeeMan
      JurassicWeeMan
      The right decision was made. Props to 343i.
      Portaleer and GreyMuffinBass like this.