PSA on Alternative Accounts

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by AlexVan123, Aug 3, 2016.

1. fame28

fame28 Forgotten Treasure

I didn't mention anything about to score, just an acknowledgment of the posts and a quick blurb of their thoughts based solely on the photos. People are busy I agree, but it was a suggestion for us regulars to start giving feedback on unknown map creators posts. Everyone carry on with the regularly scheduled bashing... Lol

2. SIR IRON WOLF

SIR IRON WOLF A Floating Lightbulb
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic Senior Member

I get what you are saying, it still takes some time though and I personally would rather give feedback on a more concrete level. Just telling everyone there map looks cool or something like that will get stale after a while. Then again I already interact a lot with people in the shoutbox and if they link to their map in there i will comment or something along those lines. Your idea isn't bad and as much as we would like to sit and look through a lot of the maps everyday some of us just don't have the time, we barely have the time to do our own responsibilities lol

3. ArturBloodshot

ArturBloodshot Spartan III
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm with 3 Legged Goat. Ratings should be removed, or at least to everyone but Forge Critics. The reason is that I have seen a lot of ratings from people that only comment "I didn't like the map, 1 star!" or "Looks amazing on the screenshots, 5 stars!" and they didn't even played it on the game. It's absurd being rated this way when we have the forgers that actually have the experience and objective point of view about design and gameplay flow.

Btw... Ok, using alt accounts is one way of altering the ratings (I accept I'm guilty of that too, but my reasons were to balance what I explained above). What about those who told their XBL friends to create an account just to rate their maps with 5 stars?? Another reason to limitate the ratings to just the Forge Critics, there's no flawless way to control the ratings to be true but leaving that to the right people.

#23 ArturBloodshot, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  4. fame28

fame28 Forgotten Treasure

A lot can be determined from a map's posting if their is adequate images and especially video. If we pushed more people to shoot an overhead shot of their map layout's without ceiling's covering them, you would get a good idea of the flow of the map. I feel like if you can't determine how a map would play, you may spend more time forging than actually playing the game... lol In all honesty, people spend countless hours creating a map, designing it, arting it up, placing tedious spawns, take photo's, upload them online and then make a post to share it here. What happens with it? Absolutely nothing but a few views. All that time spent and you are saying they wouldn't appreciate any feedback? I disagree. They share the photo's they took, so they want you to base the map off of what they shared.

5. Yevah

Yevah Forerunner

6. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Forerunner
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

I'll let THE DAIRY DUDE know to proceed with caution.

Yevah likes this.