Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Goat, May 11, 2016.

1. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

@purely fat We need to play again. Currently at 2919, need to make that last push.

2. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

Same. Ive been sitting at 2924 because I dont have a group to play with

3. purely fat

purely fat The Fattest Forger

BUMP! Junkertown is sick. Love the DVA and Mercy changes and how they effect the game. It is in a good place.

4. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Yeah I haven't played for a couple months really but I've been meaning to pick it back up. Mercy was my initial source of rage in this game but now that she's not stupid as **** it should be better.

5. purely fat

Oh she can be stupid but not in the same way. There is skilled involved in the stupidity.

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

That's fine lol.

7. purely fat

New patch just gave life to my will to play this game a **** ton again. Mercy nerfed. Moira is good. Ana is back. Life is good.

8. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

I just played for the first time in three + months a few days ago. I see they changed Mercy

...again

9. purely fat

She needed it.

10. purely fat

barriers are strong on Blizzard World but it seems like there are multiple comps that work. Hard to finish streets phase because of defenders spawns and if you do it seems the best strat for the defense is to hold you at your spawn door.

11. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Mercy nerfs are live. I might be able to finally enjoy this game again.

purely fat likes this.
  12. purely fat

I can play comp again. I stopped more so because of the junk spam though. As a flanker main.

13. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Understandable. I just hope Junk's minor nerf cuts down on how frequent he gets ult. It might not be enough though.

As a Lucio/Zen main, I hated always being asked to play Mercy cuz she's boring AF to play, but necessary to win if the other team has one. I'll happily play Lucio or Moira in a quad tank meta though.

purely fat likes this.
  14. purely fat

If the meta is quad tank, I wonder what tank I will end up playing. I think that we could see a 2/2/2 meta involving double hitscan if people are running quad tank. I could see a lucio/moira/reinhardt/roadhog/reaper/mcree comp working well. You could probably change the tanks and reaper to phara or junk depending on the map. Tracer will be viable and nano blade triple tank comps could farm pretty easily against this. Moira lucio is just going to be really strong now because it has the highest burst healing potential in the game.

15. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Have you watch OWL where teams run Lucio, Moira, Rein, Zarya, Hog, and another tank and rush the first point of Horizon? It looks fun as **** to play honestly.

Think you'd enjoy Roadhog in the meta we might see soon. If he's one of 4 tanks, he's basically the flanker.

purely fat likes this.
  16. purely fat

My Dva is better since she has been updated. I frag out on her but this is the type of meta where I will probably play phara and mccree a lot. Mccree is really underrated in these type of comps. If everyone is running tanks his flash will be that more valuable especially if roadhog is in the comp. Also, he can take riskier angles against quad tank and as long as he is in a position where moira or lucio can get to him in case dva tries to **** him.

Funny story my buddy who has always filled. (I personally think he is at his best playing the main tanks and roadhog.) Told me he was getting bored playing Blizzard World and quick play and said he was going to go play comp. My response was have fun playing Mercy. He told me to check his stats this season. He has played almost exclusively Mercy. I just thought how would that be more enjoyable than playing whatever in quickplay.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  17. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Yeah Pharah especially will have a chance to shine against all the tanks because D.va is really the only tank that can deal with her, and she has to focus on her pretty much the whole game to shut her down.

purely fat likes this.
  18. purely fat

That is why I think mccree triple tank will be viable. Also orisa pick comps should still be good at defending. I just worry that on maps and stages quad tank just won't have the mobility and range to deal with certain comps. It will definitely run over everything on Kings Row. I just want Mccree/Genji/Zarya/Winston/Zen/Lucio to be viable again.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  19. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

I'm excited to try different stuff basically.

purely fat likes this.