New forge blocks?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by GrayishPoppy210, Sep 4, 2017.

1. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 Spartan I

While I don't believe any more blocks are going to get added into halo 5 forge there will surely be loads of new ones in halo 6. Following on from my thread about the best forge block I want you guys to share what cool new blocks you want in halo 6 forge.
    #chainlinkfences

2. MrDeliciousman9

MrDeliciousman9 Spartan I

I want a forge piece for every asset in the campaign!!! Also I need 2d textures and assets to make the outside of the map look good. Why don't we have 2d trees and building. They don't even need physics. As it is now the skybox eats up too many resources.

3. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

The rest of the simple primitives please..... Maybe a concussion rifle since we STILL don't have that type of weapon in the sandbox.

Basically the necessities. I don't care about much else at this point.

4. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

-cones, whole, half, solid and open

-spheres, whole, half, solid and open

-all season trees and bushes

5. MrDeliciousman9

MrDeliciousman9 Spartan I

I want to be able to change the color of the leaves and trunk separately.

6. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

Even better.

Pinkish cherry blossoms.
    Yellow and red autumn trees.
    Light blue frost colors.

Also, every tree should have a barren variant and a half leaves variant.

Inb4 Goat's master list of every forge block he missed in 21 months lol.

7. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap
    Forge Critic Senior Member

i want to color terrain and foliage and add texture and weather overlays for different environments

also better stone and brick work for blocks with weathered overlays, and 'broken blocks' for meshing onto the edge of pieces to make them look destroyed

8. CaptainDireWolf

CaptainDireWolf Forger of the Wild
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

A water block or fx. Fake Steam water is lame. I want to put real water where I **** well please, so I don't have to forge on tidal every time.

9. qrrby

qrrby Waggly piece of flesh

I want invisible "cutter" primitives that take chunks out of pre-existing blocks (making elaborate stainglass windows a breeze or 'trimming' trees of unwanted branches). A buffet of incredible geometry would open up.

Curved motherforging stairs.

The ability to apply different textures to the primary, secondary, and tertiary areas of a block.

Input-based primitive selection process (for those times you need a 17.321x88.002x12.499 trapezoid)

Input-based texture control (this would piggyback off of @A 3 Legged Goat s idea for the ability to control how big cobblestone overlay appears and whatnot)
    OR
    Going back to the "cutter" idea, I want a whole new editing piece that lets you place texture onto blocks or "edit" existing ones without detriment to budget. This could include but not be limited to:
    Turning any block into a teleporter/lift/gravity area/slide/chroma/invis blocker/glass/fx/light effect/WATER/LAVA/TERRAIN /interactive
    Texture management
    Eraser
    Shader/pinpoint matte editor
    Etc, etc, etc

The ability to rasterize prefabs
    OR
    An asset building side program for basic primitive shapes (which could also replace the "cutter" theory)

And the list goes on...

10. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers Spartan II

Brushes and Terrain Patches.

Egggnog likes this.
  11. K a n t a l o p e

I just want the ability to turn on and off collision on any object in the game. There could even be the specified player, projectile, vehicle collision settings as individual settings.

12. Egggnog

Egggnog Game Crashers

I want simple primitives in all the shapes and sizes so I don't have to use 50 pieces to make a floor without a ridiculous design

13. Pat Sounds

Pat Sounds Spartan I
    Forge Critic

Stairs that have blockers already in them. That's all.

14. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Legendary

keep in mind guys, that editing pieces ourselves is very unlikely unless they abandon the Cloud storage aspect of sharing maps.
    Curious. I've found that the stock stairs are perfectly smooth. What are you referring to?

15. Pat Sounds

Pat Sounds Spartan I
    Forge Critic

Projectile blockers. The stair pieces themselves have blockers for Spartans but they don't have blockers for grenades, plasma caster shots, etc. At some point this broke and never got fixed, so now you have to add projectile blockers to your stair piece unless you want grenades to bounce off them in strange directions.

My personal theory is that back in the day invisible blockers blocked both spartans and projectiles. At some point I believe they introduced projectile blockers as a separate thing, and at that point is probably when the stairs became broken. Just a guess though

a Chunk and ExTerrestr1al like this.
  16. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Legendary

that's "sound" logic ;)

I get what you are saying now. I've noticed the same thing, but after I added spartan blockers to some custom stairs. I was like, "WTF?" but then I realized I didn't have proj blockers, and then realized I liked it better w/o one. More realistic, at least for these stairs, to let you get nades stuck on the steps.

EDIT: now, theres a good request - blockers that ar ejust blockers, and then we can checkbox the types of game objects we would like it to block. Spartans, Vehicles, and Projectiles all with the same block, or piecemeal.

a Chunk and Pat Sounds like this.
  17. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

Every cylinder hollow is also very practical btw. Not that we need tubes that often but stuff like this can really save some pieces.

Wally12 likes this.
  18. Pat Sounds

Pat Sounds Spartan I
    Forge Critic

Rain and fog volumes would be also useful. It's cool that we can turn off rain effects with bondaries now, but it'd be more convincing if you could just tell the game which areas of the map had rain and fog, and which areas didn't.

Also filters that don't have the vignette built into them, or the ability to remove the vignette if you wish. The weathered and astro filters look amazing but the limited field of view on them means any time you use them players will hate it. Actually why not ditch filters all together and give us the ability to adjust color overall balance and exposure with a wheel or sliders?

Wally12, qrrby, a Chunk and 1 other person like this.
  19. Starship Forge

Starship Forge Recruit

Cutting and carving would be nice.

Equally nice would be true scaling, not just trying to include a variety of sizes in the palette. I mean, include a wide variety, but the variety should be more about differet shapes, rather than multiple iterations of the same shape.

What I mean is we could have one primitive rectangular block, one full sphere, one half sphere, one cylinder, one tube, etc, and let us scale it to our needs (no need to have a separate 1x1x1 block that is separate from the 1x1x2).

For the casual forgers & rapid prototypers, there could still be a quick way to spawn in a specific size block, but it would be more like a preset than an actual separate object. Maybe there would be a list of common block sizes as presets.

Actually, that itself could be useful to everyone, if we can save custom presets, so that if a forger needs a lot of 2x3x7 blocks, or 1.3x2.7x11.6, or whatever, they can spawn them in quick.

Dunco likes this.
  20. qrrby

qrrby Waggly piece of flesh

Customized magnet points