Need help finding a specific piece

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Blaze, May 17, 2019.

1. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

There is a piece in H5 blocks that has missing collision on one of it's faces. It may be a detailed primitive, or a wall/floor piece. I believe it's somewhat large but only 4-8 deep at the most. I looked for it for a little and wasn't able to find it, does anyone have an idea which piece this is? I need it for a very specific situation where your feet will go through the object but it maintains the ability to add textures and matte settings.

CertifiedChamp likes this.
  2. DrDreidelBerg

DrDreidelBerg ONI Agent

I know the animated floor pieces that are a pain in the ass to work with have no textures on the side.

The objects teleport everytime you select them making them infuriating to deal with.

They do have a unique texture though.

3. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

I’m looking for a block that you can see the face but it doesn’t iteract with other colliders. This specific piece can use all of the normal block settings (as it is a block, wall or floor piece), just one face is missing the collision.

CertifiedChamp likes this.
  4. K a n t a l o p e

K a n t a l o p e Spartan III

Are you talking about the joint hiders? I believe that you can find primitives lacking collision there.

5. CertifiedChamp

CertifiedChamp ONI Agent

im pretty sure the 128x128x128 is shorter on one side, there is a pretty significant gap if you try filling a space with those dimensions using that piece. The 128x16x4 also isn't able to be selected on one end, so you need to grab the object closer to the middle. Rings also have odd hit boxes when trying to select them, normally you need to grab the air space within the ring to select it. Those are all the ones i know of that i can think of right now, will edit if i remember more. Generally, the 128 pieces are the most broken object type.

6. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ ONI Agent

the 78 full cylinder piece is broken too, the top 25% of the cylander doesn't have projectile collision

not sure what the height is though, it's one of the bigger ones