Need Guinea Pigs For Testing Tonight

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Zolan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Zolan

Zolan ONI Agent

Hello ForgeHub community! First and foremost- this is my first ForgeHub thread; that being said, is this the place to ask for help testing my latest map? If it is not, tell me where to *correctly* post such a thing, and I shall re-post it there.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I need a party of 4-9 casual gamers who can help me test my newest map and the various gametypes I created for it. The map is a very detailed (and accurate) remake of Fallout 3's "Tranquility Lane" and we will primarily be testing two experimental, infection-based gametypes. The testing should only last an hour, however I may need to take 5 minutes to adjust the game settings in between games (feedback is of course welcomed and appreciated).

I will be uploading the map, as well as a video explaining it, gameplay, and the various gametypes to ForgeHub as soon as I have tested it enough. If it means anything at all I'll credit the testers who made it happen in the video.

I will be available tonight at 11 (eastern time), so if you're interested just leave a reply to hold your spot, friend me (my GT is Yusgoda Beegbut), and join the party once it's time. Thank you!

#1 Zolan, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Matt has Soul likes this.
  2. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ ONI Agent

Unfortunately it's not as simple and easy as you think. I'd sugest until you can get into a test lobby (messege duke of mearl) play a game of warezone assault and after the match invite all recent players. This can take a few games but usualy you can accumulate a full lobby of 8 pretty fast. It's easyer if you are a good player.

Have the map and gtype rendered in custom games so once you get enough you can jump straight into customs and begin the match.

Also you may want to compensate for players quiting, so 10-12 would be ideal. This is not ideal but will work in a pinch. At the very least you can test flow, spawns, and lines of sight.

Hope this helps :)

3. Zolan

Zolan ONI Agent

Ahh okay gotcha, thanks!!