Linear Infection Maps

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by CommanderColson, Jul 14, 2016.

1. CommanderColson

CommanderColson Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

god Im a hooker for linear

taylorwayne15 and Dunco like this.
  2. taylorwayne15

taylorwayne15 ONI Agent

Don't worry my friend, me and Ryan (Author of Survive Series, Underground, City) have started work on a new series featuring alot of interactive features with the new scripts they have added. Get ready for Linear on steroids.

3. KeeLoker

KeeLoker ONI Agent
    Wiki Contributor

Glad to see you guys are getting back into forging. I am as well and with the new script options, forging linear infection is SO MUCH MORE EASIER now. Excited to see what you guys do and looking forward to updating my old linear infection maps and making more.

4. Orzium

Orzium Spartan II

Please... Someone make a half decent linear gametype... I miss Linear

Dunco likes this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

@REMkings You should remake that linear infection map with the elevator. I bet it would awesome in H5.

REMkings likes this.
  6. taylorwayne15

taylorwayne15 ONI Agent

Shoot me a friend request, we would love to have you on the team. Sad thing is the new update broke many of our older maps. I didn't even get to play the finalized Survive The Tomb which I invested about 20+ hours in before I left to bootcamp. I saw YT footage when it was working but now it doesn't work as well as many other of our creations.

7. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

I most certainly will. :)

8. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

I have fortunate news, guys. I've pretty much gotten my Linear Gametype ready!

I tested the gametype on a bunch of maps tonight, including one of my own that - even though it's far from finished - was also pretty playable.
    And it went really, really well.

So if you're looking for a classic tense and fast-paced Linear Progression experience, then I suggest you go and download:

"THE UNDEAD CRESCENDO"

(Settings of the gametype may obviously change if I find anything unbalanced during further testing.)

Like I said, I tested it on a Linear map I'm currently working on that I got ready for generic testing today. The map takes place in a deadly forest and proved to be quite the heart pounder. It's called 'In Allegro'.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm so pumped for more Linear maps right now. Hope to see all of your guys's maps in a custom game session soon!

9. Zandril

Zandril Heroic

Braindead-ish? Was that what it was called again?

Orzium likes this.
  10. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

Yes, it's very much alike.

Yeti For Hire and Orzium like this.
  11. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

I'm working on a new linear infection map called Scarabeus.

Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://www.forgehub.com/threads/scarabeus-wip.155345/

You'll find download links, too. After a first test yesterday (thanks for that) I made some changes and the map is now playable until the end of phase two.

Zandril likes this.
  12. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

Time for another update. After close to no forging at all for almost a year, I've finally been able to get back to forging during the past couple of weeks.
    Seeing how little time I usually have to finish up maps, I've decided to only focus on one project for now. That project concerns a Linear map taking place in a French smalltown during World War 2.

I'm looking for people who would like to help me test it by the time it's ready for testing. This should be in about 2-3 weeks from now. If you're interested, please leave a reply down below!

PS: I should be able to finish my Halo 5 version of Favela. One day. Hopefully. Still on my mind at least :)

13. KeeLoker

KeeLoker ONI Agent
    Wiki Contributor

If you're looking for extra help as well, you should hit up these lobbies:
    Thursday 13
    Forged Friday
    HSFN/iForge

REMkings likes this.
  14. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

I'm coming back from a long hiatus and what do I see? Remkings came back, too! Noice!

And with that, I happily announce that Scarabeus is now in Beta phase! Map is working. Ammunition, timers and some other things still need some tweeking here and there, I guess, but overally the map is done.

More info here (incl. download links).

REMkings and KeeLoker like this.
  15. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

Let's see if anyone's still around in here. Is Infection still a thing in Halo 5? Is it still worth giving Linear Infection forging a go...?
    Haven't played the game for over a year but I'm eager to get back eventually, whether it'd be in Halo 5 or Halo Infinite (yes, I'm still alive).

16. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

I'll wait until Infinite. :) Scarabeus was enough of a ***** to make. I would like to experiment in H6 with the ideas I developed for that map...

REMkings likes this.
  17. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

A linear variation of infection is present in Halo 5 matchmaking currently. It's always a good time to brush up on your forging skills. :)

18. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

I've played The Burrows, I noticed it was made by Auxi Klutch (BIOC, yay). Pretty cool that Linear Infection's now made its way into Matchmaking.

After having played around with it a little, I think that I could give two of my projects another try. One of them being a spiritual successor to Favela Vengeance. @Buddy Jumps, would you be able to help me with the scripting by the time I get either one of the maps ready for testing (presuming I will)?

Buddy Jumps likes this.
  19. CommanderColson

CommanderColson Legendary

games kinda dead ngl dude. likelyhood of getting a lobby is rare

REMkings and Buddy Jumps like this.
  20. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

I'm afraid Colson is right. I'll try my best to help you / finish the maps nonetheless!

REMkings likes this.