Level Design w/Seth!!!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Sethiroth, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

Hello everyone my name is Seth and Welcome to the start of my new series. Level Design w/Seth!!! This series will be live streamed every Wednesday night EST(exact times will vary) starting February 6th.

So what is this series? What is it about? Well I'm glad you asked. This series is aimed to help people who are struggling with, coming up with ideas, applying ideas or testing those ideas, or for people who just want to learn more about level design from a different perspective. This series will detail every aspect of designing a multiplayer level from nothing to full release. Nothing will be skipped over and everything will get full detail and attention.

What makes this series different from others is, this will be done live and there will be NO SCRIPT. What this will allow is if any problems comes up, you will be able to see how I solve these as they arise. No figuring things out offline and just feeding you the end results. The point is to arm people with the right critical thinking skills that are necessary for level design. This is so you have all the tools going forward. The stream will also be interactive, allowing any questions to be asked right then and there and for you to get involved with the design that we will be doing.

For this first season we will be in the Halo 5 Guardians Forge Editor. The reason we are starting here is first to give back to the community that I have been apart of for more than 10 years. Second will be overall ease of use. I have a lot of experience when it comes to Halo design in general. Also, Not only have I made multiple maps that where featured in Matchmaking for Halo 5 But I have also help on 2 previous rotational playlist and I am currently advising on a 3rd playlist. Hopefully in the future if the series takes off I would love to dive into other editors with you.

This thread will be the home where we all can converse anytime about this series, leave feedback and/or suggestions. Please be respectful to each other and keep on topic.

Below is a link to my Twitch channel where I will be streaming from. So if you want to, go ahead and follow so you can get notifications for when I go live. I hope to see some of you there for Ep.1. It will be vary important one and you don't want to miss it.

https://www.twitch.tv/isethirothi

xzamplez, CHa0s, Blaze and 8 others like this.
  2. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

#2 Sethiroth, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    xzamplez likes this.
  3. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Followed, and will highly recommend.

I did this Nillapuddid646 for the Avalanche build back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcpgL7Fb2xXdBsszeoiDnq9mCsXPKGJOm

I do believe i learned as much about myself as i was able to teach about Forge. Before starting the series i was a 'man of few words', by the end i was able to talk for 3-4 hours without stopping, and even managed to make some of it entertaining.

CHa0s, Sethiroth and a Chunk like this.
  4. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

Very cool. I love it Seth. :)

Any chance you could post here when you’re ready to go live?
    Also, will I be able to view past broadcasts?

Sethiroth likes this.
  5. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

@NOKYARD Cant wait to see you in there. Talking isnt hard for me HAHAHA.

@a Chunk I will for sure post in here and all outlets saying I am live. I plan on posting the past broadcast on this thread also. They will be in the second post below the main post.

a Chunk likes this.
  6. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

Tonight will be Ep.1 of Level Design w/Seth. This episode we will be going over the variety of ways to get started on a new map when you have no clue on what to start with. This episode will be a lot of examples from previous maps going over the different ways to come up with ideas and depending on time we might start the new map in the same episode.

I plan on starting the stream around 8pm EST. I hope to see a few of you there.

https://www.twitch.tv/isethirothi

7. ShotAces

ShotAces New Member

I would really like to see the map that you are working on for the series to be a 4v4 map. That way we can see what obstacles you will run into by it being a larger map and some of the sacrifices you’ll have to make to aesthetics. I want to see how you solve the problems that comes from it being a bigger map. Idk. Either way, I’m looking forward to watching the series!

Sethiroth likes this.
  8. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

Sup @ShotAces Nice to see you here. We can explore that idea for sure and it brings up a interesting subject also that I should talk about slightly in Ep.2. So thanks for the suggestion.

9. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

So todays live episode of Level Design w/Seth will be delayed. This is due to building a new computer and having to use the power supply from my current. Will 100% be live next week. Thanks for the suppprt from the first episode and we will be back up and running next week.