Ironhall [WIP]

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Buddy Jumps, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

Yada Yada
    Hello all,

after taking quite some hiatus from Forge, two weeks ago, Canadian asked me to help him out and then, all of a sudden, I updated my linear infection map and now I'm in the middle of taking up Mithril again, as I have originally planned to do! What is happening?!

Anyway, I submitted this map to the contest without testing it, which obviously held it back. Time management was a ***** and I couldn't go back in time and start earlier. **** happens.
    I want to take this map back up, because it's more to me than a forced money project. I poured my heart into this theme, had to hold back because of lag restrictions, and yet, its atmosphere, lighting and terrain can be challenged by only a few maps nowadays (fight me).

The problems were obvious after the first gameplay test. Top position too strong, no versatile flow, limited routes to top. Partially, that's also Halo 5's fault for being very loud with footsteps, however, the main failing lies on me and this unfinished, unpolished layout. Which doesn't surprise, as it hasn't been tested before the submittion.

I would be very grateful, if the people that told me they wanted to say something about this map and help me to improve it, drop some knowledge in this thread. I still need to learn quite a lot, when it comes to competitive map forging, so any feedback is welcome.
    I'll use this post as a brainstorming and feedback place.

Now to the map:
    Map Post

Update 1:

• launch pad now functions by simply stepping on it - there's only one launch height now instead of the previous two
    • removed lava for now
    Pictures/Gifs (not lightened map):

jumppad.gif
    Jumppad now working as intended - Has a cooldown of ~20 seconds right now - Remove cooldown?

shortcut.gif
    I don't think anyone caught this shortcut to the third level - thoughts?

[​IMG]
    I kind of want to open up the top along with other changes - thoughts on that?

[​IMG]
    My original idea was a giant dwarf statue holding the mountain on this side (damage boost side) - one walkway would go through his mouth and one between his legs - there would be another jumppad + staircases in a room behind the dwarf

That's it for now, thanks for reading!
    O.P. post incoming? Maybe, maybe not.

2. Xandrith

Xandrith Heroic
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I don't think the jump pad needs a cooldown.

Aschur, purely fat, Spranklz and 5 others like this.
  3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Yeah that'd feel super bad if you're kind of chasing someone and they take the jump pad and then you're just stuck and have to re-engage somewhere else.

4. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers Spartan I

It'd be funny, though.

purely fat, AceOfSpades and Spranklz like this.
  5. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

6. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

[​IMG]

Might even become a 2v2, who knows Tryhard.png

#6 Buddy Jumps, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Yevah and MultiLockOn like this.
  7. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

Added another structure next to the middle room with the original jumppad:

[​IMG]

Top down view:

[​IMG]

The light moss cave was kind of useless besides being a spawn location - With this staircase I want to give more options to push top:

[​IMG]

Quick Clip to show off some of the added stuff (Last shown jumppad is too strong, haha).

Later!

8. Xandrith

Xandrith Heroic

Bro have you even watched episode 4?!?!? Adding another path to that spot does nothing to check it, especially because it's out in the open.

Because I really like the theme of this map, I would be willing to hop in and make some adjustments for reference. Just let me know and make it public if you want my perspective.

It's the least I could do after storm peaks;)

#8 Xandrith, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Buddy Jumps likes this.
  9. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

Haha! Well, the main purpose of that staircase is to give an additional option to the top. Especially for players that came through the cave you can see in the last picture. Before, you could only drop down there. Now it's a path to get to the opposite room from both sides.
    My viewpoint in said picture is not the top center of the map anymore like it used to be, not as overpowered. I've got no problem with the moss cave at the moment, my bad for saying the staircase would function as a fix.

Thank you, I'll come back to you once more is done. At the moment, I'm just having fun altering it and playing around with ideas. :)

a Chunk and Xandrith like this.
  10. Buddy Jumps

Buddy Jumps Jumpmaster

This map is not Mithril anymore, it is now called Ironhall.

OS (120) , Camo (120) , Rocket Launcher (180/1 clip) , Sniper Rifle (120/1 clip)

[​IMG]
    Overlooking top lane

[​IMG]
    Top down view from same position (two launchers, OS)

[​IMG]
    Top down view overlooking main bottom lane

[​IMG]
    View from bottom OS to top

[​IMG]
    OS spawn

[​IMG]
    OS spawn from opposite side

[​IMG]
    One path into lightmoss cave

[​IMG]
    Lightmoss cave - Blue Team Spawn

[​IMG]
    View from lightmoss cave into Camo cave

[​IMG]
    Red Team Spawn

[​IMG]
    Entrance to Camo cave from opposite side (behind the picture) - Red Team Spawn

[​IMG]
    View from main top to Red Team Spawn - Camo cave entrance on the left back

[​IMG]
    A little bit more perspective for previous picture

[​IMG]
    Red Team Spawn on the left - Snipe spawn in the higher door