Infinite Forge on Xbox One

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Starship Forge, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Starship Forge

Starship Forge Recruit

Halo Infinite is suppossed to launch on Xbox One as well as Series X and PC.

How do you think Forge will compare on Xbox One? Same features/tools/budget, or will it be gimped in comparison? I know it will have reduced resolution & framerate, and longer load times. I'm hoping that's all that's different.

I imagine it also might have more performance issues in general, however as someone who almost exclusively makes forgeart, performance doesn't matter nearly as much.

I'm just hoping I can build maps as large and complex on the One as on the Series X. I can live with things like longer load times, lower resolution & framerate in order to have a full-featured forge.

On a related note, do you think Forge will be held back on Series X to accommodate the Xbox One version?

I also suppose it's possible that the Xbox One version will use cloud processing to close the gap to some extent. Probably wouldn't help loading times or framerate & resolution, but as I said, I can live with those limitations. I just don't want lower budget, or reduced features. It would suck if, for example, Series X could scale objects, build bigger, or place AI, but the One couldn't.

ExTerrestr1al likes this.
  2. ScaredHitman086

ScaredHitman086 Spartan I

Those are some great points, especially your concerns about the Xbox One being involved. I hope the Series X will give us more than 4K and better frames. That is good, but I would love a Forge than can take more of a beating. Fingers crossed man I don't know enough to even pretend I know anything. Maybe we will have the option to make more complicated maps for just series X people? Or we can turn down the graphics for Xbox One players? We shall see.

3. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm calling it right now: Halo Infinite will be missing either forge or several gametypes at launch, and the forge will be only marginally better than Halo 5's, nothing next-gen or groundbreaking.

ScaredHitman086 likes this.
  4. ScaredHitman086

ScaredHitman086 Spartan I

Dude honestly, Halo 5 Forge is lit. When customs works, it really is a blast. AI is the only thing that could take forge to the next level for me. The tools we have is already pretty mind blowing for me.

JurassicWeeMan likes this.
  5. Preacher001

Preacher001 Mythic

As good as Halo 5's Forge was when it released it was still a decade behind. I'm really hoping we see something Infinite-ly better.

I honestly don't mind if there are differences to what can be done on Xbone, XBSX, and PC. I'm more concerned with seeing the best maps out there possible. I'm sorry if that reduces somebody's chance at winning a FH competition or getting into MM. I want Forges limitations to be as small as possible. A strong diverse map and mod community can really make a game.

6. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

Halo 5's forge was awesome, and the updates helped a lot. Infinite likely will have quality updates with new items, weapons, etc for us to build with. I also am in favor of maxing out Infinite's capabilities for next-gen users, however, what we re getting appears to already be a current-gen title, and is not really next-gen at all. Hopefully, the next Halo game will be next-gen exclusive.

7. Preacher001

Preacher001 Mythic

Halo 5's Forge was a huge improvement over past Halo's but it was far from awesome. I do agree that those updates helped a lot though. You may want to take a look at what the competition was offering years earlier before you hold Halo 5's Forge in such high esteem.

I wouldn't worry too much about the current gen next gen stuff. There's still a lot of things we can do with the original Xbox. The biggest question is the Slipspace engine. A streamlined engine can make all the difference in the world. Most of the stuff being built by everyone has been on overitterated engines. Not that old engines are bad it's just that if the engineers aren't willing to tear it back to its roots and rebuild it clean with all that acquired experience it can easily become bloated and slow from all of it's patchwork upgrades.

A good example of rebuilding the core of an engine to create a leap in graphical prowess is the id Tech 7 engine that ran Doom:Eternal.

One thing to note is how well it scales. If slipstream can offer anything like this they we may not have to worry.

Well they did say they were going to expand on this over the next 10 years so . . .