With the recent closure of the Season 3 Halo World Championships, 343i decided to make some changes to their next upcoming season with the addition of forge map(s*); that was announced late yesterday evening. Here's the link to that article. In addition to that, I'm going to link this article to each of the maps that are in consideration for the next season to their map post so that proper feedback can be provided to their creators.
Below are a few items related to the forge maps in that article:
Here’s a look at the changes that will be made for next season:
- New Forge map(s) - Even just adding one Forge map will have a big impact on the competitive rotation for the HCS. Like with Oddball, all players will have to learn the map(s) which puts all competitors at the same level, and it should also provide viewers with some fresh gameplay to watch unfold. Our goal is to incorporate at least one Forge map to support Slayer and an objective mode. Keep reading down below for additional information on how we’re selecting the Forge map(s).
One of the things we’re most excited about implementing is Forge maps. We’ve curated a list of competitive Forge maps for testing with the following criteria:
- Map must perform at a stable framerate
- Map size must support 4v4 gameplay
- Map must support Slayer and an objective mode (CTF, Strongholds, or Oddball)
- Measures to improve “look” of the map must be taken for a quality viewing experience (without sacrificing gameplay and framerate)
FISSURE BY N3GAT1VE ZER0
SENTINEL BY N3GAT1VE ZER0
FURNACE BY BLAZE AND R3DSHFT
DATA CENTER BY ERK X15
ECHELON BY SQUALLY DABEANZ
RUSSET BY FOGE
VESTIGE BY THE SLAMMERSS
Starting Monday, May 7, we’ll be testing these publicly to streamline the list down to the very best one or two maps that will be included in the upcoming season. This is also where pros and competitive players alike can join in and provide feedback on these maps. Once those map(s) have been found, we’ll be doing more public testing to fine tune by tweaking geometry, adjusting weapon placement, adjusting spawns and more.
Overall, here’s a look at the timeline for when Forge maps will be tested and tuned, and when competitors can expect settings to lock for the upcoming season:
Note that during this time period, public testing will be taking place multiple times each week. The HCS playlist within Halo 5 and the Official HCS fileshare will also be updated to allow players to try out the new settings at any time.
- May 11: List of Forge maps whittled down to very best one (or two)
- May 14: Fine tuning begins
- June 1: Forge map(s) locked as well as maps that will be used for Oddball
- June 8: Settings lock for the season
Hello new users! If you have not done so, please visit the Announcements section in the forums to review the Map Posting Guidelines and Site Rules. You can also copy these links https://www.forgehub.com/threads/map-page-guidelines-and-tips.157669/ and https://www.forgehub.com/threads/site-rules-and-guidelines.153477/Dismiss Notice
IMPORTANT: We no longer support Halo Online or ElDewrito content. If the content is posted on the site we will remove it. For more information regarding this action, please read our "ElDewrito Policy Changes" in the announcements section in the forums.Dismiss Notice