Halo Trick Jumping and a Question for Forgers

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Golem, May 17, 2019.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, I like the idea.

100.0%
  2. No, this idea is not good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't lean either way on this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Golem

Golem Spartan I

Interesting that this will be my first post here on a 4 year old account. This is a large project I'm hoping could be made a reality, so just bear with me on this...

Please read this link before replying to this thread. Please note that when this was written it was being addressed to speedrunners/old jumpers.

Hello. I'm Chappified or Chappy (no idea why my name is Golem on this site). If you have read that link, I would really like to get thoughts on this from ForgeHub's perspective. I have kept up with details on Halo MCC on PC only to the degree of seeing that there's a chance of a custom games browser, but custom servers with our own plugins like what TF2 provides in the examples mentioned in the link don't seem likely, but there may be news I have missed on the topic. At the moment, I'm beginning the process of creating a tier/difficulty system like what TF2 jumping has based on jump techniques existing in Halo as well as the difficulty of the few jump maps Halo has.

Here are the links to videos showcasing some of the jump maps I'm thinking of:
    Jagged Sharpnel and MrOllie's Map (Halo 3)
    Jump Mexican (Halo 3)
    Enigmatic (Halo 3)
    Jump Theory Challenge Map (Halo 3)
    Ghost: Mastery (Halo 3 on MCC)
    Primordial Path (Halo 4)
    Jump Lesson (Halo Online)

One thing I want to note is that I don't want maps like Dark Cloud to be immediately rejected from this idea due to not having techniques like ghost jumping/high jumping/over jumping/slide ramping/ect. They would be looked at on a case by case.

Ultimately, I would like to bring back Halo trick jumping to being at least somewhat popular again to some degree, and I feel as though this idea has the most likely chance of doing so while also simultaneously creating a partnership/strong connection between ForgeHub and HaloRuns/the remaining active Halo jumpers and strengthening our two communities/sub-cultures of Halo. I hate to name-drop/call-out, but I would especially like to hear Nokyard's opinion on this if he sees this or if this gets any attention.

My very optimistic dream is to create a jump map for Halo such as the Jump Academy 2 map for TF2 for players to practice on or get help from qualified teachers or anyone that at least can help while also having another place where players can play jump maps forged on a rotation.

Due to my uncertainty with what will be possible on Halo MCC on PC or the future of any Halo games on PC, I don't know how comfortable I am asking forgers here to start cranking out maps with the possibility that it may be unnecessary work, but I would like to see opinions, criticisms, or if anyone is interested. Please please please post your thoughts below.

Edit: In hindsight, should this have been posted in Feedback and Suggestions?

Blaze likes this.
  2. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

Hey! Glad to see more trickers popping up! I'd suggest jumping into ClearlyMe's discord server, if you haven't already. He's been getting the family back together again and trying to reignite the trick jumping community just like you. I'll drop his links below. :)

(Youtube) http://Youtube.com/MCCTrickJumps
    (Discord) https://discord.gg/f7D8aAB
    (Twitter) https://Twitter.com/MCCTrickJumps

I'd love to see more MCC jumping maps become available (especially Pacman/Chaser maps, miss that so much!). I was really happy to see the Ghost: Mastery map come up awhile back but haven't seen any more. I'm not sure how many forgehub folk are forging on the MCC games anymore but good luck to you and please encourage people to post them on here if any get made! I'll give them a go if I see anyway, for sure.

Golem likes this.
  3. Golem

Golem Spartan I

I've been communicating with ClearlyMe directly as of earlier this morning, but I didn't know about these links so thank you for that =)

And yeah, I wasn't too sure what ForgeHub is up to these days, but I couldn't really think of a better place for this. With the idea of Reach being on PC, it would be nice to see jump maps for that game be made. I have one in my fileshare that I beat but can't remember the name of, and then there was Brute Force, but I don't remember any others besides those two. As for Halo 5, I'm unaware of any that goes into genuine trick jumping, but I'm sure there are more like parkour maps that are always made for every game.

Blaze likes this.
  4. Golem

Golem Spartan I

I know this is Halo Reach, but I totally forgot about this map while planning out this project.

Blaze likes this.