Halo Infinite Reveal 7/23

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by cluckinho, Jul 23, 2020.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Get hypeeeeee. I couldn’t find an infinite reveal thread so hell I made one! 11am CST! Not much more to go!

II SEGA USA II likes this.
  2. Starship Forge

Starship Forge Recruit

I'm hoping for a Forge reveal. Big surprise seeing as this is a Forge site. However, Forge is literally the *only* thing I'm watching the stream for. I don't even care about any other Infinite gameplay, multiplayer included.

3. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I’m excited for it all

4. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ Spartan I

5. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

So...Halo is now Destiny? idk how I feel...

InvokingTexan likes this.
  6. InvokingTexan

InvokingTexan Spartan II

Halo 2 Anniversary [Re-Remaster] -

Purple waifu: "Just one question. What if you miss?"
    Corporal Cheef: "I won't".

[Shoots grapple hook to board the CSS-carrier, and floss dance.]

Soldat Du Christ likes this.
  7. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

I gotta say I hate the stylized 3d character models almost enough to start a petition to have them give Infinite the Halo 2A/Halo 5 treatment. I really can't stand them and I think that whomever it was that made the decision to go that way should have their position re-evaluated. UUghhh I hate it soo much. Seriously why would you do it. I was hoping that some day Halo CEA would get a character model face lift to something more current gen. It's probably one of my biggest gripes in Halo CEA after seeing what Halo 2A had to offer.

The other thing I didn't care for was the fact that it seems the grapple hook was integrated right from the start. I would have been fine (maybe even loved it) if it was added with a specific mission or parts of missions like jet packs in Reach but I hate it being added as a standard feature (if that is the case).

I totally hate the octagonal shield recharge. It's pointlessly new and if they insist on doing it, the octagons should be about a tenth the size, semi transparent blue and just barely crescent around the sides of the visor. Right now it's huge, blatant and irritating.

Speaking of pointless octagons I cannot stand the octagonal walls around the map. There better be a story driven reason for it, but even then if it's always there it's just going to ruin the visuals for me. They built such a beautiful world and then just covered it with this crap. Someone said that it was because the ring was still being built or repaired or something which would at least account for it but I hate the idea that it may be the final view of the game. If it is true then it means that we will likely never see any more of those ancient structures from Halo 1-3 that I loved so much

Wait I can ***** some more:
    What was up with the music, it was late, too short and half the time did nothing to heighten the experience. It also was too damn quiet when it needed to thunder over the gameplay like in previous titles. Ths was the showcase and this is all they had to offer. If the rest of the game is no better we may really be looking at the most underwhelming campaign in the series.

Gameplay, weapons and environmental sounds seemed good but nothing really wow'd me. The only thing I was really impressed with was the visuals, baring my two major gripes.

AAAAAAAhhh!!! I really wanted to love the Halo showcase. I'm still holding out for more but with Joe buddy as your replacement for Cortana, ship mission advisor, accompanied ground military advisor, and troup banter it seems unlikely he will properly fulfill the role. The Chief is the strong silent type and we need people around him to help keep things entertaining. I really hope he meets up with the crew of the Infinity and they add additional troop and mission advisory support.

Fingers crossed for Multiplayer and Forge.

#7 Preacher001, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I still have hope. I was disappointed graphically but meh, fill the game to the brim with content and I’m so down.

9. HardlinePro

HardlinePro Heroic

I don't care if the graphics aren't uber duber. If the graphics have to take a hit so this game can run 4 player split screen, I am all for it.

10. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

It was underwhelming but I'm still very curious. Few ups and downs but we'll see.

11. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

The textures were actually genuinely shocking how poor they were. The brutes’ faces....

12. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

Did you watch the 4k60 stream on the Xbox or watch the 1080p on pc. The Xbox looked notably better unless you're talking about the close up shot where they focused on his stylized face and blurred all the textures around it. That was definitely a design choice and I hated it. I'm getting really tired of people thinking they are awesome for using shitty cinematic blur.

13. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

The whole thing was a disaster honestly. The few things I liked get overshadowed by the massive disappointments. I can't believe this is what we have to show for after 5 years.

#13 JurassicWeeMan, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  14. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I’ve watched it a bunch all over. But yeah design or graphics it doesn’t look good.

15. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

Honestly, with poor/absent textures, and ray tracing being announced as a "free update" coming after the game's launch...what's to say they even have multiplayer ready? Multiplayer in Halo might actually be a DLC. Will they even have dev-made BTB maps? Or even decent 4v4 maps? What about forge at launch? Or all the gamemodes? You just can't trust them with this. It's time to accept that Halo may never return to form. After all, it is just a game...I guess... /sadface

16. GreyMuffinBass

GreyMuffinBass Spartan I

I think that they will have Forge as an update as well.... sadly. but there is a chance that it comes out anyway, as a basic version like Halo 5 did.

JurassicWeeMan likes this.
  17. JurassicWeeMan

JurassicWeeMan Spartan I

Honestly I wouldn't mind if the game were delayed at this point, but I doubt that will happen. Some guys who seem to know what they're talking about (I certaintly don't regarding tech) believe that cross-platform compatability (Xbox One and Xbox Series X) is responsible for the game looking flat. The game being run at 60fps solid with open-world is impressive if 343i pulls it off they say, but it is concerning what they're hiding. We should have seen better lighting, shadows, textures, and probably a beta at this point. The game is basically developed for the Xbox One, and so it sounds like the game suffered significantly because it isn't a true "next gen" game.

GreyMuffinBass likes this.
  18. GreyMuffinBass

GreyMuffinBass Spartan I

I may be wrong, but I feel that they might be using 2 separate game engines for each console.
    The next-gen version will be using a triangle-based shaping software that uses real time lighting like the rest of the next-gen games coming out in 2021... and the Xbox One version will be using the oldschool polygon shaping software with hybrid baked/processed lighting. just my guess. but that would really be a huge improvement and it would be similar to the jump in fidelity and detail that GTA V had when it was on the 360.
    The next-gen version will most definitely be infinitely better (lol sorry for the pun)

Preacher001 likes this.
  19. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

It can never be a true next gen game if it's on xbone. I don't known **** about specs or hardware but that seems the most logical thing in the world for me. Even if they spice it up a bit, it's still an xbone game.

And what I heard multiplayer is there at launch. Gametypes, dev maps and Forge haha who knows. I sure hope they ship a more complete game this time, no btb maps is the most lazy jerk move ever.

But to be real, if any of you still have hope Halo will ever be what it was, I have news for you, it won't, ever. They may come close and boy do I hope they come close but it was special moment in time and we know that with every fibre in our body since Reach (for some, H4 for me) but we still hang on because it was so damn good. It's a double feeling I get with Halo the last years, on the one hand I want to ***** about every goddamn little thing I don't agree with but on the other I'm still here after 2 mediocre games hoping they will take this one closer to what we all cherish and bring some of its identity back. Oh and give us a H3 style pregression system please. Wishful thinking I know.

"I don't miss playing Halo but I miss having fun on Halo" - SaLaYa

Let's hope on a multiplayer reveal soon.

#19 MULLERTJE, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    JurassicWeeMan likes this.
  20. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

And fix your censorship ForgeHub.

:fat: