Halo and stealth

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Preacher001, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

I'm sorry if this all sounds noobish but I was wondering if Halo ever offered stealth elements. I remember the original games definitely having quieter footsteps, and lifts and if I'm recalling correctly the sword sounded a little quieter as well. Obviously there is invis and radar stealthing but is there anything else I'm missing.

The reason I ask all of this is because of the ridiculous movement speed of Halo 5 I'm left wondering if there is any point in stealth in Halo 6. Would people like to see stealth brought back as an option? Of course this would mean something like the brutally loud walking/landing/water walking sounds would need to be re-imagined. Since the book describes the Spartans as if they move like ninja's in their hulking armors it shouldn't be such a problem to adjust.

Here's a few thoughts.
    -Walking would be silent, running would be very quite and sprinting would be noisy but not quite as loud as running now.

-Jumping would be silent, small drops would be virtually silent and large drops would be noisy.

-The Sword would make noise more akin to Halo 1 but if you hold down the weapon swap/pickup the sword fills much slower and makes virtually no noise.

-Add a truly silenced short/midrange gun to the sandbox, maybe something alien, unique and fun. Maybe with a very minor delay, like it's quietly charging and silencing the next pulse. Maybe the delay is determined by the wielder, like you can pull the trigger sooner but it will get louder the less time you take and the more successions you pull the trigger. I'm not saying a 3 second delay, since 1 second can feel like an eternity in some situations, but there should be a comfortable number.

-I would like to see a revamp on invisibility shield. I'm not sure what I want but I feel like there should be something that makes it feel OP while still making it not OP. Maybe something where movement speed affects how fast it times out. Also, when you're still it's perfectly invisible, when you walk/run it's virtually invisible and when you sprint it's very slightly more glassy. Also it dampens all movement sounds even sprinting. Too Much?

-Lets drop some of those noisier lifts and dampen the landings unless of course you're getting tossed 100ft horizontally across the map.

Any thoughts, feelings or ideas?

#1 Preacher001, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

How about if you have invis and a sword the sword becomes partially visible if you run?

Also maybe you can run but you can't sprint when invis is on.

Yah, I'm just going to assume sprint will be back. I hate that it's there and miss it when it's gone. I honestly don't know where to go with it.

3. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

No opinions?

4. Soldat Du Christ

Soldat Du Christ ONI Agent

I like the idea of being silent when peforming any movement, even though it doesn't make any sense realisticly. Stealth to me is just intentionally repositioning to avoid enemy line of sight in order to get the first shot on them