Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yevah, May 1, 2016.

1. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III
    Forge Critic Senior Member

ALSO HAS RICKON EVER HEARD OF SERPENTINE???!!! SERPENTINE MOTHERFUCKER!!

2. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

ahahahahah the whole time I was screaming 'ZIG ZAG YOU DUMB **** ZIG ZAG'

3. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

This.

Although I still hated him..

4. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Amazing episode. Best hour of TV I've ever seen.

5. Yevah

Yevah Mythic

Really don't want to see a wedge put between the Starks that would just be lame.

Varys on that time travel.

Buddy Jumps and Dunco like this.
  6. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

THAT FINALE WAS ****ING AWESOME. HOLY ****.

• R+L=J ****ing confirmed
    • Arya kills Walder Frey that old ****
    • King's Landing be like
    • Lyanna Mormont's balls are bigger than my whole body
    • Dany sailing to Westeros (****ing finally)
    • DAKINGINDANORF!!!

7. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

I saw the wildfire shenanigans coming from a mile away, they hinted at it too hard earlier in the season.

Also kinda saw the R+L=J reveal coming as soon as Bran went back and saw Ned in the past.

8. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

Wish all those people from the sept had Varys and LF's teleportation jutsu. Can't believe I was cheering on Lancel.

Season 6 as a whole was so much stronger than season 5. Very happy after being so disappointed at the travesty that was last season. While I'm sad that there won't be any 'Dornish Masterplan' or 'Great Northern Conspiracy' in the show, I'm glad they gave some real nods to book plots even while veering in such a different. E.g Giving Manderly's Frey pies to Arya, giving Varys' murder of Pycelle to Qyburn. Hilarious that they recognised how poor their portrayal of Dorne was that they limited it to such little screen time lmao, thank god.

The sept scene was done so damn well, the tension just kept rising with that music, amazing. R+L=J was a really well done scene too. I also loved that stare Jaime had at Cersei in the end, he just sees Aerys reincarnate, plus that conversation with Walder Frey where you can see on his face his conflict with his own reputation. While the show has made the man much less likable, they still succeed at giving little moments where I really enjoy his character.

Also I said this a month and a bit ago on this thread lmao," Kings Landing is still a snooze fest. Wish we got some of the batshit crazy Cersei from AFFC where she burns down the ****ing Tower of the Hand."

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee, she went even further than that.

Buddy Jumps likes this.
  9. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Cersei burning everything down with wildfire has been a popular theory for a while now. It kinda got confirmed when the secret caches of wildfire were being brought up in previous episodes. People are saying Cersei will go absoolutely crazy and Jaime will have to kill her.

As for R+L=J, it's probably the oldest, most popular fan theory and I'm just so glad they finally confirmed it.

10. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

Yeah, I was a little unsure of whether that Cersei stuff would happen despite the hints because of how tame and sane Cersei has seemed this season. She's absolutely delusional in the fourth book when they started to talk about the Volanqar prophecy and when she of course, used wildfire to burn down the tower of the hand in anger after Tywin's death. Seeing her with this cold fury in the show is honestly far more eery and disturbing.

As for R+L=J, I'm just happy it came off organically in the show. I was so sad when I first watched this show and saw them not include Ned's fever dream of the Tower of Joy scene in Season 1. So when I saw episode 3 this season I was ecstatic. Such a good payoff.

#70 RegrettedKarma6, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  11. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

I'm like 10000% certain that Jaime is going to kill Cersei now.

12. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Dude leaves for like 5 minutes

[​IMG]

13. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

The King's Landing sequence is possibly the best of GoT so far in my opinion. The music, the visuals, the editing, it all worked perfectly together. Amazing stuff.

Yevah and Dunco like this.
  14. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

Yeah great books and great show. Only read the first 3 books but absolutely love the tv series. I lost some interest in reading after he splitted the characters into different novels. Will probably continue at some point. I did read them in English, wich isn't special for a Dutchman but I really enjoyed it.

Finally watched all episodes of 6 this week. Awesome season I must say, much better than 5. Last 2 episodes blew me away.

"And off they went, from here to there.
    The bear, the bear and the maiden fair."

RegrettedKarma6 likes this.
  15. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

There's a bit of a reading guide that should alleviate your concern with Martin splitting up characters between Feast and Dance. http://boiledleather.com/post/25902554148/a-new-readerfriendly-combined-reading-order-for-a
    I can definitely sympathise with the character split. The fact that Feast doesn't have Tyrion, Jon, Dany (I hate Dany chapters but still), or people like ma boy Davos can make it pretty tough. Luckily the Jaime chapters in Feast are amazing, as are one or two Ironborn chapters. Dorne is boring as **** tho, as is most of Cersei's, and Briennes, though it it can be hilarious to read because Cersei is sloshed 95% of the time.

MULLERTJE likes this.
  16. MULLERTJE

MULLERTJE ROGUE

Haha this is pretty cool. I do know why he splitted them up. I think he said he wanted to tell some stories fully instead of all the stories for only half. I don't blame him for doing so, I just got bored after 6 or 7 chapters. But this is actually fun to try, thanks:)

17. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

I've been thinking this for some time. That's almost the only way I feel they could rewardingly kill off her character.

18. Yevah

Yevah Mythic

I read the books after watching the show. The first 3 books, even though they're masterpieces, took me months to get through. That's because I had seen seasons 1-4 a billion times and the show followed the books closely back then.

Even though books 4 and 5 are considered slower and not as good, I enjoyed them much more because it was so different from the show.

MULLERTJE likes this.
  19. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

So, little update. Just finished the ninth episode of the third season and I'm pissed. That was quite possibly the most depressing 10 minutes I've ever spent watching a television show. I'm honestly a little salty over what I just watched.

Also, sorry if anybody replied to my first post and I didn't respond. Trying not to read anything in this thread to avoid spoilers.

20. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Hahaha, I know how you feel Aub. After watching that episode, I just sat staring at a black screen for about 10 minutes

Buddy Jumps likes this.