Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Yevah, May 1, 2016.

1. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ok, two things
    • Why the **** was Arya not even trying to hide? She knows the Faceless Men are after her, right? ***** is just standing out in the open.
    • I thought the Brotherhood was one of the "good guys". What the **** happened?

2. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

I don't believe Lord Dondarrion is still the lead of the Brohood. I heard they've cast someone else somewhere. With LSH they sort of went pretty brutal with the whole Lannister/Frey vengeance but I can't remember them ever downright massacring small folk so I was pretty confused too. Made for a good end scene though.

Arya was dumb, lucky she's got plot armour for the meantime.

The next episode preview has Jaime talking about how he loves Cersei. WHAT THE ****. STOP. Actually not entirely sure why they're still going on with this, them actually going through Jaime's redemption arc the whole way would have been super satisfying instead of the weird

S1 - Hate him S2 - Hate him S3 - Okay I don't hate him he's a pretty complex, morally torn character S4/5/6 - Never mind.

#42 RegrettedKarma6, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

Zandril likes this.
  4. Yevah

Yevah Mythic

I still love the show but it has fell off around season 3 or 4 with writing. I think the writing is just more Hollywood.

One thing I absolutely hate and can't get over is Jaime. Wtf are they doing with his character. His development in s1-4 was fantastic. Now they have went the complete opposite with him.

For te book readers; while waiting on WInds I picked up 'a knight of the seven kingdoms' set 100 years before the events of ASOIAF. I highly recommend it.

5. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul

So, I just watched the first episode of GoT and I'm mad. I feel like this series is going to tick me off lol.

But I'mma keep watching it, though. I'mma keep watching it.

WARHOLIC, a Chunk, Overdoziz and 2 others like this.
  6. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Have fun. You got 6 and a half seasons to go through. I surely hope the biggest moments of the series haven't been spoiled for you yet.

7. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

Offscreen deaths smh. Enjoyed some of the stuff hinting towards Jaime's internal conflicts that makes his character more complex and theeeeeen 'I LUV CERSEI HURDUH'. RIP LSH in the show, although I do like my boys Beric and Thoros. They decided to give us another pointless, slow Tyrion scene talking to two characters they keep trying to make us invest in (they have failed horribly). Also they cockblocked cleganebowl... The inner fanboy in me died. Episode was just mediocre really, a few little moments I liked though. Next two are written by the guy who did Hardhome last season, so they should be amazing.

8. Yevah

Yevah Mythic

No Cleganebowl...

I hate what they have done to Jaimie's character. What the ****.

Was awesome to see Beric and Thoros.

I will never understand how Arya was stabbed several times in the abdomen. Not only did she not die, but she was agile as **** with internal bleeding?....?..??..

I'm guessing the Starks will be losing in the Battle of the Bastards until the Vale saves the day. Still hyped for it though.

RegrettedKarma6 likes this.
  9. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

Bastardbowl 2016: Battle for Winterfell

WARHOLIC likes this.
  10. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    343 Industries Forge Critic Creative Force

Did anyone notice that in one of the first few episodes before we find out that bran has the ability to control animals/people that he woke up as soon as the wolf who bit the Lanaster prince was put down? It's something you obviously can't figure out until you go back through it but I've been wondering if he was controlling it and protecting his sisters. I've seen absolutely no discussion of this topic or any confirmation and I've been wondering for awhile if I'm the only one.

11. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

I remember that and I think that was just a hint at what Bran can do. I don't remember him talking about it and if he somehow controlled the direwolf, that seems like something he'll tell his Maester about seeing as he told him about his other dreams

12. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

Well, once the Holdoor event happened, I started to believe that there may be more cases that we haven't noticed where bran could be going back and making the future the way it is now. He can't change the future but it down seem that he could be the reason almost anything happened the way it did.

I could be totally off, but the Holdoor situation and his father hearing him can't be the only satiation a right?

13. Dunco

Dunco Troll Whisperer
    Forge Critic

"Burn them all!" -Bran Stark via Aerys Targaryen

Aschur and Yevah like this.
  14. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

I've actually been talking with coworkers about that event and I am convinced that something similar to holdoor is gonna happen with him, and burn them all is going to come from someone yelling to burn the bodies from the battle of the bastards at winterfell, given that the next two episodes are "Battle of the Bastards" and "The Winds of Winter" and we're rumoured to only be getting two more seasons after this one.

15. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Saw people talking about that theory in the GoT subreddit. I honestly don't want it to happen. I can accept a little time travel and Bran causing past events but too much and the show would lose a little of its appeal to me. Like, can't the Mad King just be batshit crazy with actual voices in his head?

16. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer

I agree, it should be used sparingly. However, I don't believe that the only ones we will see are the ones we've already seen and I feel that the Holdoor situation was just showing us that it can happen and that a much more important event will be due to his powers. Knowingly perhaps this time? Or it may even make a scene we've already viewed have more significance like my example of the wolf.

17. WARHOLIC

WARHOLIC Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

I think Bran was the one to travel back in time and talk to the 'mad king'. They said the mad king would hear voices.

Blaze and Dunco like this.
  18. Dunco

Dunco Troll Whisperer
    Forge Critic

But if it is Bran talking to him then they will be ACTUAL voices!

19. RegrettedKarma6

RegrettedKarma6 Recruit

Pretty ****ing cool episode if just a little too cliché. They need to turn down that girl power **** they got going with Dany though ffs.

Also Miguel Sapochnik needs to direct every episode because holy ****. That battle perfectly captured the pure chaos and bloodiness of what a melee would have been like. Hardhome then this. The man deserves a lot of recognition, granted he does it with perhaps the most lenient budget...

#59 RegrettedKarma6, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Buddy Jumps and Blaze like this.
  20. Zandril

Zandril Spartan III

Dude, that scene where Jon was getting trampled was ****ing intense. Hell, I couldn't breathe while watching. I loved the way Ramsay went out. ****ing poetic. I never hated his character like most people. One of the best villains in television history and I'm honestly gonna miss him. Still, I'm glad to see the Starks starting to get their revenge.

P.S. Thank **** Tormund is still kicking

Dunco and WARHOLIC like this.