FortniteHub Creative Map Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WARHOLIC, Dec 22, 2018.

By WARHOLIC on Dec 22, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  1. WARHOLIC

WARHOLIC Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

[​IMG]
    Hello fellow ForgeHubbers, I'd like to introduce a new project we've been working on called FortniteHub, dedicated to featuring creative content made by the Fortnite community. Apologies if you experienced a double take and thought this was a new ForgeHub contest. We've experimented in creating side projects like this in the past but haven't had much success due to low interest in other level editors however Epic ensures that updates will be made in the future to make this a first class experience and we're curious enough to see where this goes.

Similar to ForgeHub, our mission is to help find the best community made maps and minigames made within creative mode and share them with the rest of the world! Whether you are a creator or simply enjoy playing on community made maps, we think you'll enjoy the experience so head on over. Our website just launched which allows people to upload and share their creative content on our platform. As a nice warm welcome, we're announcing this 'Creative Map Contest' where we will be awarding a total of $1,500 the top 10 maps submitted to our new site.

If you're interested in participating, please head on over to FortniteHub to read the full details of this contest.

DETAILS.png

END TRANSMISSION...

#1 WARHOLIC, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WARHOLIC, Dec 22, 2018.

1. S0UL FLAME
    2. II SEGA USA II
      II SEGA USA II
      Is creative mode for Xbox console or just PC?
    3. WARHOLIC
      WARHOLIC
      Its for all platforms but I've heard that creative mode works best on the PC if you don't want it to feel like forge from H3.
    4. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      I'd think the 'Game-type Support' portion should be removed from the judging criteria since there's not really a reasonable way for you to know one way or another whether a submission actually meets that criteria?
      I Crush All and fame28 like this.
    5. Yeti For Hire
    6. Soldat Du Christ
      Soldat Du Christ
      The site has alot of growth potential... I'll only add that the designer is very limited as to how far they can go with their designs before it becomes an obsticle for gameplay. Fortnite thrives on build fights in open fields, not dense interior and exterior complex's
      Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    7. ZombieDyer
    8. ZombieDyer
      ZombieDyer
      FortHub? FortniteHub seems a tad long winded
      eLantern likes this.
    9. AlexVan123
      AlexVan123
      Wow, this is really the definition of giving up. I don't think I've ever met a member of the Halo community that has actively cared for Fortnite (not to mention the people who completely hate it). Well done Nik, you've opened an opportunity for your own community to completely tear you to shreds.
    10. ZombieDyer
      ZombieDyer
      Jesus Christ, Mate. Chill out.
      a Chunk likes this.
    11. II SEGA USA II
      II SEGA USA II
      IMO Anytime an artist has the ability to branch out into a new medium they should explore the process and tools that come with it.

For starters, you could always bring new ideas and techniques into your current creative process in order to improve your work flow & procedural pipeline.

Second, these opportunities give us a chance as a creative community to collaborate our ideas.

In doing so we are forming a growing environment of open communication where progress and idea development leads to a stronger, more active community of level designers.

With the end result being to improve the quality of content that is shared among fellow forgers.

If I’m not mistaken, a good number of current professional level designers came from modding community like Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, etc.

@AlexVan123
      BTW, I checked out your BTB map, you obviously have forging skills amd I’m sure a lot of current members would like to see some more current forge work from you...even if you decide to veto fortnite altogether.

Peace.
      Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    12. ZombieDyer
      ZombieDyer
      yikes
      CertifiedChamp likes this.
    13. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      It seems like a lot of the people left in the Halo community hate everyone and everything. I kind of wish that would change. If this alienates anyone, I’d say it’s their own problem.
    14. Blaze
      Blaze
      Might see me try my hand at this. Depends if I have time once I get back from vacation.
    15. eLantern
      eLantern
      Just curious if a FarCryHub was created too? I don't remember seeing that if that was the case.
      ZombieDyer and II SEGA USA II like this.
    16. ZombieDyer
      ZombieDyer
      Don't think so
      II SEGA USA II likes this.
    17. CHa0s
      CHa0s
      I am building stuff in Fortnite, but it's horridly tedious. To my knowledge, you can't pick up stuff and move it, you have to copy/paste. So copy a piece a ways off, delete the piece you placed that you didn't like, copy the piece you just placed a ways off, try to place that piece where you wanted the first piece in the first place. Tedious! And when you place stuff, there's no way to magetize, no way to make properties not phased, so stuff can fall into the ground, walls, etc. etc. That being said, I'm still at it. The pieces we have to choose from are amazeballs, and it's neat to see stuff come together. I really do hope they start updating the whole process soon, because... did I say "tedious"?

Edit 1/20/19: It's already been updated and is way easier!
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
      WARHOLIC and Blaze like this.
    18. Blaze
      Blaze
      We had one years and years ago for farcry 2, I believe. Doom as well actually. XD Needless to say, the games did not match the quality this community expected and are no longer up/active.
      eLantern and WARHOLIC like this.
    19. WARHOLIC
      WARHOLIC
      FarCry has a lot of potential but they didn't respond to community feedback in time to capture their audience and it was impossible to select what content gets played in custom games. I hope they get it right next time. Doom's snapmap had amazing scripting capabilities but relied too heavily on modular prefabs. The devs didn't provide a way for us to customize our environments until much later as well. Fortnite's creative mode isn't perfect either, its difficult to align objects properly and there aren't many small pieces to build structure with. That said I'm excited to see what comes out of it since the studio intends to maintain and improve the tools over time.