Forging in Halo 2A

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by OKzombieCupcake, Oct 10, 2019.

1. OKzombieCupcake

OKzombieCupcake New Member

Anyone still forging in Halo 2A? I am still having a great time creating new Halo 2 anniversary forge maps on a weekly basis. I have over 103 days in the Halo 2A forge and the new ideas just won't stop! I have custom maps that play like heart pounding campaign missions! You feel like your playing GTA in Minecraft with elements of battlefield.

2. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

That’s awesome. Glad you’re still enjoying it. :D
    I don’t believe there’s anybody active here that’s still forging regularly in H2A. Don’t let that dissuade you from hanging around though. Most of the people here will enjoy seeing levels from any Halo game.

3. OKzombieCupcake

I also hangout in the Halo 3 crowd with RustyNa1lz and Halo3CustomsGod. There is still a thriving MCC community.

4. OKzombieCupcake

I believe in contributing to the Halo community by keeping the interest alive and refreshing in the classics. Doesn't anyone remember the all weekend Halo CE house parties with 4 Xboxes system linked together before there was Xbox Live???

5. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

I do because I was already a grown ass man by that point. I friggin' love classic Halo. Made quite a few maps for H2A (https://www.forgehub.com/members/a-chunk.71169/). I've made multiple videos teaching how to perform grenade tricks in Halo CE (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiKdBZ48W6i8QMz_0_vPZAtK3Fcj8e7k1). I want nothing more than a map editor in MCC for either Halo 1 or 2 (preferably 1).

The fact is that a lot of the people that are in the Halo scene now weren't even born when the first Halo game was released, so no they don't remember. I'm all in favor of what you're wanting to do though. Good luck to you.

Preacher001 likes this.
  6. OKzombieCupcake

I have a huge respect for anyone who forges in Halo. I don't have the attention span to forge in H5 but I respect the artistic talents. I'm more into the old classic Halo's. My forge maps have rustic abstract art look to them. My custom parties are always way over booked with full 16 players in game and 75 or more requesting to get in. We don't tolerate trolls and boot them.

7. OKzombieCupcake

I have new and incredible maps to create for years to come. People are really enjoying the big rig wrecks that decorate my maps.

8. Preacher001

Preacher001 Legendary

I really wanted to love Halo 2a's Forge but in the end I just couldn't do it. If I recall correctly I made only one finished map in H2a and it was technically a remake of an unpublished map I made in Halo 3. I enjoyed how it turned out but that was about all. I couldn't stand how bland the blocks were and a the lighting system broke a lot of map ideas I had.

I also found it a bit hard to get into other peoples maps for the same reasons. That being said I'd be lying if I said there weren't some gems out there.

I'm pro forging on all iterations of Forge so more power to you.

Do you think it's to late for them to add a lighting upgrade?

9. OKzombieCupcake

I agree lighting is an issue on Awash, but there are tricks to make it better. They did tweak it a little on one of the updates, but it also created some color issues for some of my out of bounds maps. I had a snow map in the mountains of Awash that looked awesome with bright white waist deep snow. Now the snow looks yellow like some kind of squash soup.
    I hope to see you guys today on my custom games. I have a post up for YouTube streamer, Halo waypoint and Forge Hub members.

Preacher001 likes this.
  10. OKzombieCupcake

Wow yesterday's games were great! We had a 12 hour customs session! The requests to join got so overwhelming at one point, I had someone from the party break off and start another customs group, which also filled up. I am considering starting a Halo Tournament where 3 to 4 groups of 16 players will play off of a playlist. Winners play winners and losers play losers. Group leaders will stay in contact to post scores on one of the custom club sites probably Halo 3 customs or the Halo 3 Group since very few Halo club owners actually participate in the community. Most club owners are like famous people that move to the suburbs, make a lot of changes, like raising the standard of living (great forge videos), they are rarely seen and then they move to some other country to never be heard from again. But of course if you point this out to them, you are banned from their club (Forge Labs) I just don't understand why these Halo celebrities' don't make public appearances in regular custom games. As a forger I give back to the community by hosting, helping people with forge problem and I actually take time to answer questions for anyone who message me. This is probably why my custom game nights are great with people who enjoy the game!

#10 OKzombieCupcake, Oct 19, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:50 AM