ForgeHub Anniversary Stream - Details Revealed!

Discussion in 'Articles' started by SIR IRON WOLF, Oct 29, 2017.

By SIR IRON WOLF on Oct 29, 2017 at 5:10 PM
  1. SIR IRON WOLF

SIR IRON WOLF A Floating Lightbulb
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic

10thHeader.jpg

After many long hours of planning, concern and idea pitching, we are excited to officially reveal the first wave of information about our highly anticipated Anniversary Stream! The Anniversary Extra Life stream will start on November 11th at 1:00 Pm (CST) and last for at least 12 hours, with the possibility for extension. There are still a few surprises up our sleeves that will be announced when we get closer to the date, but for now let's just relish in the knowledge we are able to present to you. Without further ado, I give you the first look at ForgeHub's 10th Anniversary!

We have a wonderful assortment of the best streamers money can pay off in the community joining us for this event. While the list is subject to change, these streamers include;

Have you ever been to a birthday party as a child where the parents have planned a plethora of exciting activities and games that DIDN'T suck? No? Consider this your first! We have a ton of exciting announcements coming in the future beyond this for specifics, but for now, here's a sneak peak at our roster for this shindig.

Interviews - Riveting conversations with surprise guests!

Tournaments - Community, here's where you come in! We'll be holding several small tournaments during our stream where you can punch staff's face in over and over again.

Custom Games - Think of our typical Forged Friday or Thursday Thirteen, but bigger. Much bigger.

Matchmaking - We'll take our little crew of misfits into matchmaking!

Campaign - Ever wanted to mess with us? We'll be streaming campaign and letting YOU decide how we play. Want to invert our controls or force us to work with Black Eye skull?

Forge - The obvious choice! There will be some exciting mini-games to be had in this category.

We have some awesome loot to give to lucky audience members who watch the stream. Prizes include such awesome swag as books, shirts, knick-knacks, digital content and more! We are handing these things out like candy, some come on by for your chance to score some awesome gear!

This is where we need a little help, we are looking to you the community to help us come up with some cool stretch goals that we can do when we hit certain dollar amounts. Right now we have a few things to spice up the campaign section as listed above, but we will be doing much more. Comment below with some ideas of stretch goals for a chance to have yours featured in our stream!

Well, folks. That's all we have for today! Stay tuned for more awe-inspiring reveals and jaw-dropping debuts. This is Shooty Person and Sir Iron Wolf signing off!

#1 SIR IRON WOLF, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by SIR IRON WOLF, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Yumudas Beegbut
      Yumudas Beegbut
      What kind of stuff do we suggest for the stretch goals?

Make sure to do some Roaming King (or Warpath) for the custom games or maybe the tournaments... It should eventually show up in matchmaking, but don't make us wait! I'm hoping the DjBluePDX includes both some Grifball and non-Grifball action... And maybe some more NOKYARD Grifball map mischief.

I got a few game/REQ codes you guys can have for giveaways if ya like. If interested, message me or Cap'n Punch (I think he's still got the list).

(Is it "our" instead of "out" for the Matchmaking description under Events?)
      SIR IRON WOLF, Nitro and a Chunk like this.
    2. Shooty Person
      Shooty Person
      Smash Fans: “That’s it? No Smash?”
    3. SIR IRON WOLF
      SIR IRON WOLF
      For suggestions they can be anything we can do on the stream or shortly after that is legal. It can range from pies in the face to doing something in the forums. We want to see what people will come up with and then we will pick what we are able to do, and peoples ideas could lead to ideas of our own.

The stream will be long so im sure that mode will come up, we can make a note of it but if you are watching the stream then throw out a reminder too.

I'll message you about the codes.

What grammar error are you talking about ;)
      Yumudas Beegbut likes this.
    4. LordNojang
      LordNojang
      Well, this will be fun. Is there a way to suggest maps to play beforehand?
      SIR IRON WOLF and Nitro like this.
    5. Shooty Person
      Shooty Person
      It wouldn’t hurt to try! Drop them here!
      LordNojang, SIR IRON WOLF and Nitro like this.
    6. Agent Zero85
      Agent Zero85
      I would recommend playing some of the older maps during the custom games stream, classics like Zero Gs could be included too ;).

In addition to bringing back the nostalgia, the Staff could have a roast session. That is all i can think of for now.

p. s.
      Im bringing destroyers back
      muahahahahah
    7. purely fat
      purely fat
      You must follow the Purely Fat rule of campaign playthroughs. Hardest difficulty with skulls and you can only beatdown hunters.
    8. Max Extra
      Max Extra
      I think the plan is to start on h1 on easy, and as donations come in with up the difficulty when a threshold is met. hopefully we get to legendary all skulls on
      Yumudas Beegbut and purely fat like this.
    9. purely fat
      purely fat
      Bunch a wusses I tell ya. Bunch of wusses.
      Yumudas Beegbut and The Omicron like this.
    10. brusky0086
    11. Yumudas Beegbut
      Yumudas Beegbut
      So stretch goals would be something like:
      • Pics of a staff member in face paint as a grunt or elite or whatever?
      • Staff contest for who can make the best Spartan suit with household supplies in a limited time? And pics or video of course.
      • A game of Wyvern's big space battle thing
      • NOKYARD's uplifting Grifball map
      • I'd like a sort of contest to find the most fun base player & ability trait settings:
        • Enable or disable abilities
        • Set any speeds, movement, jump, gravity, etc
        • Mix up damage resistance, shields, health, vampirism, long delays... or turn some off (all health no shields)
        • Lots of knockback for everything
        • Tons of grenades with large explosion radius, lots of ammo, strategic reload speeds
        • Crazy slow clamber or slide speeds
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2017