"In these trying times..." "With the current state of the world..." "In our new normal..." If you're like me, you're sick of these openings. Remember that Chinese take-out place you ordered from once over 6 years ago? Well they've just sent you an email assuring you that they are taking necessary precautions. Remember places? Remember trees and roads and people? Remember the world? Theres a whole world out there full of jaw-dropping landmarks, natural beauty, and astonishing architectural wonders. Though it may be out of reach, it's still your world. We at ForgeHub want to try something new, we want to encourage everyone to capture your world, to Forge Your World.
This is a new venture for us as a community, and with it will come lots of questions. We aim to answer any and all inquiries here in this announcement, but feel free to drop your questions down below.
Forge Your World is a purely aesthetic movement that encourages our community to recreate a real-world location, landmark, etc. in Forge! This is a contest of photo-recreation. This means your submission will have only two screenshots-
- The real-world picture
- Your forge screenshot rendition
'Old Cathedral' by SexyMasterChief
Real world photo by Earth Trekkers
Rather than making these maps public or function for any gameplay, this is a contest solely judging your screenshot of your recreation. For your real-world model, you may download a photo online or take one yourself in person! We only ask that you practice safe social-distancing etiquette and do not find yourself in danger or in public in the name of ForgeHub. If you want to recreate a local landmark, Google Maps Street View can be a helpful tool!
Of course, judging someone's hard work based solely off of a picture is a fruitless effort. We couldn't accurately choose a winner for something like this, which begs the ever-loving question; Who Will Judge?
Forge Your World is an event held and hosted by the community, we want the community to decide who's creation will reign supreme. Therefore, Forge Your World's winners will be decided wholeheartedly by a public poll available for a minimum of 1 week for all to vote in! In order to ensure voter fraud is squashed, the typical anonymous poll system won't be utilized. Instead, we are leaning for an open thread which users will vote ONCE for their top 3 favorite submissions. We really want to hand over this transparency to the community to ensure there is no mistake made, no room for fraud to be had, the winner is the community's to decide. Have any suggestions for this system? Drop them below and we'll take the feedback into consideration before the voting goes live!
- Limit 3 entries per person.
- Limit 1 vote per person for top 3 favorites in order.
- You may vote for your own submission.
- Format for entry is simply Gamertag, Real World Image, Forge Screenshot
- NO outside editing can be done to your forge screenshot whatsoever (ie. no photoshop, no instagram filters, no added text etc.)
- You may use Forge from ANY official Halo Game for your submission.Submissions Are Open at the time of this article's posting! Meaning you can submit your screenshots beginning right this second! Click the link below to access the submission thread. Submissions posted in this announcement thread will not qualify for judging unless moved to the correct thread.
- The submission thread will be open until 11:59 PM, PST on June 7th, 2020
- Submissions will not be accepted after this time.
- The Community Judging will begin on June 8th, 2020
- After the closing date, your entry is FINAL.
Prizing info is listed below, and after you see this, you might wanna have a tight grip on your helmets; because you'll be blasting off to your couch to load up your xbox.
With E3 and many other live gaming events cancelled this year, a wrench was certainly thrown in all our plans, ForgeHub included. We are now, more than ever, searching for new ways to actively engage a community of content creators. We hope this low-stress alternative to our typical contest format can help distract from any real-world troubles you may be facing. Have fun in there, and please, for the love of everything, stay 6 feet away.
1st Place: $500, ForgeHub Tee Shirt and a ForgeHub Feature
2nd Place: $350, ForgeHub Tee Shirt and a ForgeHub Feature
3rd Place: $150, ForgeHub Tee Shirt and a ForgeHub Feature.
That's an Order, Romeo
ForgeHub Community Coordinator