Evolved Settings

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by S0UL FLAME, Mar 28, 2018.

1. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

Small Update!

Scattershots and Sentinel Beams are now Static. They spawn 90 seconds on the dot. I'll need to find a way to update the thread starter via Staff help though.

Daeklaw likes this.
  2. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

The Crayola effect returns

I thought we got rid of that once halo 5 forge came out. There's no longer a need for it.

Yumudas Beegbut and SgtSlaphead like this.
  3. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

Competitive players to this day still highly disagree.

4. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

It's okay for people to be wrong haha

If you need every color of the rainbow to guide yourself around I don't know what to tell you. Level designers are very capable of making recognizable geometry and art for clear callouts. A bunch of color callouts is pretty lazy IMO.

Now to be fair slaps map is pretty homogeneous and he could have made more varying geometry to make callouts distinct. Just lazy colors bother me

SgtSlaphead and ExTerrestr1al like this.
  5. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Heroic

just varying the hue of a light a little can also add color without actually color-coding the map's pieces... just go more "warm" or "cold" in certain areas... give people the feeling of different colors without actually coloring it... not that I know much about maps...

MartianMallCop likes this.
  6. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

True. There isn't a hard line for this. For instance if you had a map in a nightclub it could be very appropriate to have a bunch of varying neon lights as callouts. It's just when designers get lazy and blatantly color code their maps that it bothers me.

ExTerrestr1al likes this.
  7. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

If there was a nauseated face emoji on this site I would use it right now.

8. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

?

9. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Just to be clear I know my latest version of Checkmate only proves how lazy I am with art these days. It's pretty terrible for initial orientation and callouts are damn near impossible to make. I'm at that half-assed state when it comes to forging for the time being, where I'm not inspired to finish anything to a high standard because I don't enjoy the game enough to do so, yet I still enjoy making stuff. The latest map on my bookmarks shows the kind of effort I'm putting into aesthetics!...

Halo 5 Forge Map The Vault.PNG

And this looks awesome IMO, brown and grey FTW!

10. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

True it's been hard for me to even get online to forge as of late. Not a lot of creative energy, or just time to work on maps. I still want to finish Hell Above at some point

SgtSlaphead likes this.
  11. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm pretty busy with university, and I'd rather just chill and sneakily put together concepts in anticipation for the next game!

MartianMallCop and S0UL FLAME like this.
  12. Yumudas Beegbut

Yumudas Beegbut ONI Agent
    Wiki Contributor

Coconut-level spatial awareness would be a nice upgrade for my banana peel-level of awareness

Now I finally know what Evolved means! Really glad someone's trying to use the damn movement settings.

I propose we also try variants with the abilities we actually like and tweak those. I'm totally hooked on thrusters. I guess if these settings are Evolved, then adding a couple abilities could be Mutated, and adding several and/or breaching adjusting then could be Infected.

How are these maps scaled? That's one thing we can't do with game settings, adjust the map spacing... I suspect the stretched out maps might be as much a problem as sprint and other abilities.

13. qrrby

qrrby Waggly piece of flesh

Put a bunch of chess pieces around checkmate for callouts

14. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

Most of the evolved maps are scaled down from H5 Dev Maps. Speed I believe is 110% of I recall correctly.

As for abilities I doubt your going to be able to convince anyone here to include any of them other than maybe... Hover.

Thrust especially won't be included because of how it makes the player a sitting duck when in cooldown and causes too much escapability problems.

Edit: A lot of us are really interested in nonregenerating health though for an even more radical type of settings. If we could get health pickups working, that would be amazing.

#34 MartianMallCop, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Yumudas Beegbut likes this.
  15. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

New map for Evolved!
    [​IMG]

Guardian/Lockout hybrid, with an emphasis on aggressive gameplay. No tower is too powerful to camp, so always keep moving.

16. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

@Foge Congratulations, muh boi.

Your recent map fit the last quota of required designs we needed for Evolved; a 2 base 2 tower.

[​IMG]

This map has a lot of potential to be one of the coolest interpretations of 2B2T, especially considering it was based off of a criminally underrated map from Halo Reach. I hope you get to see it in action, or even play it, with Evolved.

a Chunk and ExTerrestr1al like this.
  17. Ryouji Gunblade

Ryouji Gunblade ONI Agent

Already did last month. Can confirm it works well.

18. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

Um, which map would that be?

19. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/russet.6203/

I know for a fact this map will ring well with competitive players, because one of the pros (S4Y1AN) played it on his stream and said he liked it a lot. Coincidentally, he was testing an amalgamation of old and new; No sprint gametypes with Stabilize, 80% Clamber Speed and Thrust, along with 110% movement.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/255879175 (Start at 2:47:35)

20. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

No I meant the Reach map.