Evolved Settings

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by S0UL FLAME, Mar 28, 2018.

1. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

[​IMG]

Hi there! Welcome to the new thread. Let me explain what this is.

History

SMARTAN 427, the original creator, sought out to make a classic inspired Halo out of H5, but included something no other gametype had made; a 4 shot Magnum. His settings proved that you can make a fun retro experience in Halo 5 Guardians, for casual and hardcore players.

His settings have now been altered to what you see below:

-Movement: 110% (A fast and more reasonable speed than the excessive 120%)
    -Strafe Acceleration: 130% (This allowed a more powerful strafe against foes)
    -Forward Acceleration: 130% (Evens out omni-directional movement with strafing)
    -Jump Height: 120% (Spartans leap like they used to, no clamber needed)
    -Jump Gravity: 110% (The perfect amount of air time without too much floatiness)
    -Shields: 70% (Precision becomes more important)
    -Health: 150% (Spraying became more impotent)
    -Explosive Radius: 70% (Shields were lower, so Frags were toned down)
    -Melee Damage: 110% (3 shot Beatdown is still there)
    -All Spartan Abilities Removed (Classic Movement starts here!)
    -Frags and Plasma Grenades only!
    -Magnum w/60 rounds and 2 Frag Grenade (No Automatics)

You can hop into a casual or hardcore map and have fun with these settings regardless of your skill level. But I'm here to talk about the Hardcore Version of Evolved.

Sandbox

[​IMG]

Evolved's hardcore sandbox has been trimmed down to a sandbox similar to an Arena Shooter. You've got your Utility, a CQC weapon, a draining beam, a bouncing explosive, a sniper, power-ups that increase your health pool or cloak you, and a powerful weapon that everyone contests.

Timers

Power-Ups are now static, and spawn every two minutes on the dot. They don't have a waypoint above them, so remember to check their location.

Tier 1 - Magnums, Frags/Plasmas (20 seconds, 30 seconds respectively)

Tier 2 - Scattershots, Sentinel Beams, (90 Seconds Static, 0 extra mags, 50% Battery for Sentinel,)

Tier 3 - SPNkr Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Grenade Launcher (Weapon Padded, timers and ammo vary from map to map)

Gametypes

Slayer - 50 Kills to win, 5 second respawn
    Flag - 3 Captures or 5 Captures to win, 10 second respawn, Flag must be Home to score
    Ricochet - 20 Points to win, 10 second respawn, 2 points for throw, 5 points for walk-in
    Oddball - 200 Seconds to win, 10 second respawn, Ball holder is slower and 2 hit melee
    Strongholds/Hill/One Base - To be determined

NO RADAR

Testing

I am currently testing Forge maps and our sandbox every Saturday and Sunday at 6PM to 11PM eastern for these settings. If you're up for it, send me a message here or look up my GT "The S0UL FLAME" ("0" is a zero) and send me a message. Afterwards, I will eventually have a playlist for both casual and hardcore play.

Thanks for reading!

#1 S0UL FLAME, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. MartianMallCop

MartianMallCop Spartan I
    Forge Critic

This has my attention. Especially that BR. If I have time I'll try to see if I can join in this weekend.

ExTerrestr1al likes this.
  3. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

Here is a preview of our current map selection for Evolved Hardcore.

Calypso (CheapBox)
    [​IMG]

Switch (Qrrby)
    [​IMG]

Backlash (Kell of Scots)
    [​IMG]

Geewiz (Yeti for Hire)
    [​IMG]

Amenity (xzamples)
    [​IMG]

Hoodlum (Certified Champ)
    [​IMG]

Checkmate (Sgt Slaphead)
    [​IMG]

Zed Axis (S0UL FLAME)
    [​IMG]

Give us feedback about these maps and our sandbox when you play!

4. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

Wait for Slap to recolor his own map.

SgtSlaphead likes this.
  5. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

The original files the Forgers made will now be considered the Casual versions of said maps. They can put whatever they like, or change whatever they like. I don't really expect Slap to hop into a year old map and change things; he makes something and just...leaves it alone.

That being said, @SgtSlaphead if you're gonna change the colors on your map, feel free

SgtSlaphead likes this.
  6. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I've just been busy but when I'm next on I'll take a look at it. Checkmate is an awkward map to color code, though I think I could do it without it looking awful.

xzamplez and HeX Reapers like this.
  7. Ryouji Gunblade

Ryouji Gunblade ONI Agent

Gonna try out the settings on some remakes. See how I feel about them together.

ExTerrestr1al and SgtSlaphead like this.
  8. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented

BTW what you guys did to Checkmate hurts me, I think that file ought to be called the casual version. Color coding is for scrubs. What happened to teams inventing their own callouts and getting creative? Also if you still find Checkmate confusing after a few games, you have the spatial awareness of a coconut.

Rainbow maps make me tilted!

9. Daeklaw

Daeklaw Marine

I've already played on Calypso & Zed Axis, it was a lot of fun. :) :yes:

S0UL FLAME and SgtSlaphead like this.
  10. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented

Calypso definitely has that Reach MLG v7 vibe and has grown on me, nice work with that. And I still can't believe Xzamples H5 1v1 map made for an awesome classic 4v4!

Box Knows, S0UL FLAME and HeX Reapers like this.
  11. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

If only I could find the v7 version of the map it was literally based off of.

SgtSlaphead likes this.
  12. Ryouji Gunblade

Played a couple of games on Guardian and Ivory Tower. Movement feels really good, like CE+H2 turbo.

Can confirm that automatics and the H2 BR are still lots of fun with these settings on classic maps.

13. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

Sandbox Update

I've gotten some feedback about our sandbox for Evolved Hardcore, and I've come to the conclusion that we need to slim down our weapon selection. I'll be going over what weapons were removed, and the Reason of Removal (RoR).

Battle Rifle (RoR: Redundant) - I had expected this to be the first weapon to be dropped, but I had some odd feedback. Some people felt it was too weak, some people felt it was too strong. The majority of the third group however, thought "Why should I pick this up? I've already got a 4 shot Magnum." So now, Magnum is the only gun to be featured as a Utility.

Shotgun (RoR: Power) - Even though everyone moves faster, the shotgun is still a monster. Its range is stupid far for a weapon as powerful as it is, and makes for too good of a pickup for its tier. The Scattershot will now be the CQC weapon for players to grab, and its capability of bouncing pellets increases its depth without the overwhelming power.

Plasma Pistol (RoR: Ease) - Another weapon I expected to be dropped. The powerful magnetism and speed of the charged projectile is simply far too easy to abuse. Sentinel Beams are much better alternatives for shield stripping.

Plasma Caster (RoR: Ease) - A single pellet can take out 90 percent of the maximum health pool a Spartan has in Evolved, along with ludicrous splash damage giving chances of making more than one Spartan getting damaged. The charge detonation isn't enough of a reason to keep this weapon. Grenade Launchers have the capacity to kill one player, but have more repercussions if the user misses.

Light Rifle (RoR: Redundant) - The Light Rifle being treated as a weaker sniper didn't really give much of a reason for it to be picked up. The Magnum's faster kill time dominated it to the point where picking it up was a waste of time. Sniper Rifles are good at their job, and require the user to spend their limited bullets wisely.

Fuel Rod Cannon (RoR: Redundant) - This was a surprise; the Fuel Rod's nerf made it less of a powerful contesting weapon and more of a small annoyance. Direct shots still kill a player, but almost no one could have that situation happen besides CQC scenarios. The SPNkr Rocket Launcher is the weapon to contest; it makes the matches move forward because players are constantly heading towards it.

Speed Boost (RoR: Redundant) - Hardly anyone wanted to grab this, for the small increase in overall speed wasn't enough of a draw. It became that lonely fat kid that sat in the corner of the cafeteria, with only a few people saying hi for pity's sake.

Damage Boost (RoR: Redundant) - The idea of becoming a glass cannon didn't bring people running to this Power-Up. Sure, you could kill in one less shot, but once you died you'd have to wait another two minutes for that small stat increase. Needless to say, it's not worth it.

Our sandbox is now updated to the following;
    [​IMG]

Have a nice day!

14. SgtSlaphead

SgtSlaphead Talented

6 weapons and 2 powerups seems like enough, especially when each weapon has a really distinct role. Considering you are dealing with Halo 5s sandbox, this is probably the best you can do!

a Chunk, S0UL FLAME and HeX Reapers like this.
  15. Ryouji Gunblade

I suggest having a separate FFA setting for hardcore so that it's easier to plop onto classic maps and still have the weapons and powerups on. But whatever works for you. It's great on Ghost Town and Gemini.

16. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

Or just adjust the weapon set on the map to fall within the established guidelines.

17. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

@S0UL FLAME Make the Scat and Beam 90s static, thanks.

18. S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME Spartan I

Knew I forgot something.

I'll have to do it later though; recovering from a stomach virus

ExTerrestr1al and HeX Reapers like this.
  19. HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers ONI Agent

Oh ****, well yeah get better first man lol.

ExTerrestr1al likes this.
  20. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Spartan III

let's get on PC soon and play some of this mode!

Ryouji Gunblade and HeX Reapers like this.