1. Hello new users! If you have not done so, please visit the Announcements section in the forums to review the Map Posting Guidelines and Site Rules. You can also copy these links https://www.forgehub.com/threads/map-page-guidelines-and-tips.157669/ and https://www.forgehub.com/threads/site-rules-and-guidelines.153477/
    Dismiss Notice

Double Community Favorites! October/November

Discussion in 'Features' started by Ascend Hyperion, Dec 2, 2017.

By Ascend Hyperion on Dec 2, 2017 at 2:17 PM
  1. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion Speaker for The Dead
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Hello everyone! Honesty is the best policy so I'm going to be honest. I forgot about October's Community Favorites vote. GASP! Now now, I'm not saying I forgot because I don't think it's important. Unfortunately, it got brushed aside as I and the rest of the team kicked ourselves into over drive to prepare and put on our 10th Anniversary Charity stream, WHICH WAS AWESOME BY THE WAY.

Nonetheless, I apologize for keeping you all in the dark for so long. I decided that it would be more fun to do a Community Favorites DOUBLE FEATURE! So in this article, we're gonna celebrate two months of awesome forge content from our awesome members. Let's start off with the long awaited results from October!

12-12(2).PNG

Washed Up by WeedCough

WeedCough is no stranger to rocking the Community Faves ballot. His personal works as well as his co-forge's typically always top the charts and are sure to impress. In October, WeedCough won our hearts with Washed Up, his own entry into the 1v1 Forge Contest and a stellar display of asymmetry. Using a variety of techniques, WeedCough conveys a rather convincing theme that is almost reminiscent of Halo 3's Longshore. Be sure to check this one out!

12-12(3)j.jpg

Judgement by Minister Muffin

Still feeling that 1v1 vibe? Well good news, our second place contestant is yet another 1v1! Minister Muffin dials in on delivering an obscure sci-fi theme using dark, cold overtones as well as extremely clean and defined geometry. The map also features special lifts that utilize gravity volumes instead of pre-made lifts. This large lift-towers allow the player to manipulate their movements inside them. This mechanic makes that singular precious boost all that more important.

12-12(4).png

Afterhours by Sethiroth

What's that? You want MORE 1v1's! Well strap in because the winner of the October Community Favorites vote is ANOTHER 1v1! This is Afterhours, a chilling 1v1 set in a less than lofty part of town out on the cold rainy streets. On Afterhours, players navigate streets, dark alleys, vancant buildings and long abandoned construction projects as they duke it out to see who's the cream of the crop. When building Afterhours, Sethiroth focused intensely on the power of interacting sightlines and when applying levels of vertical play, ensured that the players natural FOV was never trumped. Be sure to give this one a bookmark!

What a dozy already huh? Let's go ahead and fast forward to November and check out the super awesome contestants for that month as well!

12-12(1).PNG

Cerebrum by Omni42

Scripting has opened many avenues for creative maps in Halo 5 and as we've seen in the past, when used right, it can be used to take things to the next level. Well, welcome to the next level! This custom game is a fully fleshed out, multi-faceted boss fight inside of Halo 5 all inspired by Metroid! Players take on the Mother Brain, who is decked out with an arsenal of weapons it'll use on it's own to defeat the player. Check this map out for sure!

12-12(5)j.jpg

Ginkaji by Ryley

Bow your head in respect! This cool map continues that trend of 1v1 popularity that was so strong last month. Ginkaji strikes the player with killer aesthetics and ultra-fan gameplay as well. The layout plays heavily on angled engagements and infuses the stellar aesthetics we're all used to with a map by Ryley!

12-12(6)j.jpg

Undead Asylum by PUNISHER2510

BOOM BABY! Bet you didn't see that coming! Stand and witness as the reign of 1v1 maps has come to a close. Undead Asylum, an infection map, comes in number one for our Community Favorites of November. This Dark Souls inspired map is actually a recreation of the games first level. Punisher delivers an immersive experience by nailing down key geometry and by enhancing theme with a similar color scheme to the Dark Souls location. Congratulations to Punisher on his victory!

-----------------------------------------------------

That does it for this month, uh, I mean these months! Remember that what gets put on ballot is decided by the Forge Critics! It's up to you all to nominate maps for the vote! Not a Forge Critic? You can make suggestions for nominations to any staff member or any critic as well! Your voice matters too! Congratulations once again to all our candidates and winners!

See you next time! :forgehub:

#1 Ascend Hyperion, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by Ascend Hyperion, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Agent Zero85
      Agent Zero85
      #corruptstaff
      I knew the staff were against me, they saw my map win with an overwhelming majority and decided to ignore the voice of the people. This will not be tolerated for much longer!
    2. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      Is there any possibility of having a Community Favorites nomination thread created each month? Something that could just serve as a place to discuss maps that are posted within the submission time frame for that months com favs.

I know that I generally don’t even pay attention, so I don’t think about nominations and don’t have any idea what’s eligible when I do think about it. It would be nice to have a reference throughout the month (especially as the end of the nomination period approaches). Even more ideal would be a complete list of eligible maps, though I imagine that would be pretty difficult to put together, so I’d be satisfied with the former.

Otherwise I suppose I could just create a thread myself... What exactly is the submission time frame for a map to be eligible? Like a date range (November 25-December 25 to be eligible to be nominated for December com favs, for example)?
    3. Zandril
      Zandril
      wttf where's Poo Pushing?
    4. Ascend Hyperion
      Ascend Hyperion
      I liked the message and never responded but 100% we are going to create a discussion thread for the comm faves nominees starting this month.

That is an awesome, easy to implement idea.
      purely fat, WARHOLIC and a Chunk like this.
    5. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      [​IMG]
    6. CertifiedChamp
      CertifiedChamp
      typo: ultra-fan gameplay