Custom vehicle arena

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by FlamminGrunt, Apr 18, 2019.

1. FlamminGrunt

FlamminGrunt Spartan I

Ok the time has come and forgers are ready to build!

Pilots will fight to the death using their own custom made prefab vehicles. Each game will consist of 8 vehicles and five rounds. The top players will move onto the next bracket. Until there is one champion!

This is going to be a tournament for the fun of it and does require the forger themselves to be present during the event. After the submission deadline at 5/12/2019 all vehicles will be downloaded. If there are any changes or new submissions after this date, the vehicle will be disqualified. If you need help learning how to build one, here is a tutorial on YouTube :)

Submission Deadline update
    The submission deadline for the tournament is being pushed back to the 12th of may, to give more people a chance to join the fun :)

A few days later The first bracket will consist of multiple games in the span of one week, and to actually participate, you will need to let me know of your availability, and which session you will be able to attend. The next week will repeat this process but with only the top players from last week. And the final week will be a one on one battle between the top two players, and the winner will be declared champion!

Each game will consist of up to 8 vehicles and last 5 rounds. The top players will be determined by how many rounds they won throughout the whole tournament.

Vehicle requirements and submission

All prefabs will simply be placed on the map with no alterations besides teleporter channels and physics, and must be smaller than a 40 meter radius. Boundaries can pass this area, but not the object itself, IE teleports can have their boundaries extend past the 40 meter limit, but gravity modifiers cannot pass the limit whatsoever. You can have up to two co pilots but this does not increase your budget or amount of vehicles.

To submit your vehicle, post it as a prefab on forge hub and post the link here on this forum along with your gamer tag. you can post up to three vehicles, but they cannot be in the same game, and only one can move forward from the first round.

Banned items
    - Kill balls
    - Instant kill volumes
    - Invisible items ( except vehicles, joints, sounds, and FX)
    - Scripting
    - Flying vehicles
    - Weapons, or weapon pads

Budget of items

The vehicle you choose will have two budgets. A the defensive budget of 30, and offensive budget of 6. If you are choosing an invisible vehicle your offensive budget is 4, and if you are using a mongoose or scout warthog your offensive budget is 8. Invisible mongoose or scout warthog is 6.

Defensive budget will be a combination of 30

- Joints
    - FX, lights, and sounds, (that don't do damage)
    - Props
    - Structures
    - Any primitive block no bigger than 8x8x8
    - terrain that fits in the the 40 meter radius

Offensive budget will be a combination of 6

- Gravity modifiers no bigger than 16x16x16
    - Teleporters with boundaries no bigger than 16x16x16
    - FX that do damage
    - A second vehicle welded to the parent vehicle
    - launchers
    - Soft kill volumes no bigger than 16x16x16
    - power ups
    - lights (if they have the sun lens flair)

Q and A

Q: can you edit the sizes of teleports, soft kill volumes, and gravity modifiers.
    - A: yes, but the total volume, still has to be under the 16x16x16 size

Q: what if i want a bigger size than 16x16x16
    - A: you can do that but it will count as a second object or more and the volume sizes cannot be smaller than 16. Any sises that are 8x16x32, or 2x4x512 are not valid. And remember with 3d shapes things are exponential. So a 32x32x32 is actually 4 times bigger than 16x16x16 and use up 4 of the budget.

Q: How can I test my vehicle?
    - A: There is a link for the map, so feel free to place your prefabs on it and test them out, there will be no official practice lobbies though. https://www.forgehub.com/maps/vehicle-derby-arena.7220/

Q: can my vehicle stretch farther than 40 meters, as long as the prefab is in the radius?
    - A: Yes, if the prefab fits in the radius, it is valid. So vehicles that are connected with joints and technically longer than 40 meters, can be rolled up to fit in the radius.

Q: I thought that you cannot weld, gravity modifiers, and kill zones to groups in normal physics.
    - A: You can, and it is very simple, you can either ask a fellow forger, or watch the video posted on this forum to learn how :)

And that's it! lets make some dope vehicles and have fun!
    - Hitbox unKnown

#1 FlamminGrunt, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  2. RBG Persian

RBG Persian ONI Agent

Sounds fun, I am going to participate. @ZombieDyer you should make one aswell. I mean imma win, but it wouldnt hurt lol

FlamminGrunt likes this.
  3. FlamminGrunt

FlamminGrunt Spartan I

Everyone says they will win...but in reality there can only be one winner ;)

4. FlamminGrunt

FlamminGrunt Spartan I

Submission Deadline update
    The submission deadline for the tournament is being pushed back to the 12th of may, to give more people a chance to join the fun :)

5. FlamminGrunt

FlamminGrunt Spartan I

Balance update
    While testing vehicles, teleporters seemed to be too powerful when you can adjust their boundaries, in specific ways. now all boundaries and sizes of offensive objects must be divisible by 16.

6. lNeedMoreBleach

Forge Critic

Hahahaha made a vehicle to strong for the mode!. now he's changing the rules so i cant use it.

7. RBG Persian

RBG Persian ONI Agent

8. FlamminGrunt

FlamminGrunt Spartan I

Hey guys, sorry that i have been quite AWOL, and kinda left the tournament in the dust. In an attempt to get more players, and make up there is no deadline to submit vehicles, and once we get enough participants, the tournament will start :)