COMMUNITY FORGE BREAKOUT PLAYLIST

Discussion in 'Articles' started by WAR, Jan 22, 2016.

By WAR on Jan 22, 2016 at 1:51 PM
  1. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

COMUNITY FORGE BREAKOUT PLAYLIST

Since the launch of Forge, we’ve kept an eye on your incredible community creations, and today we’re introducing the first (of many) batches of community maps into matchmaking. We know you’re excited about playing on Forge favorites, ranging from competitive 4v4 to Big Team Battle to wacky mini-games and Action Sack, and more. Let’s kick things off!

To close out the January 2016 Season, we’re taking the top community Breakout maps and throwing them into the Breakout playlist so you can find your favorites. Next week, you'll get to vote on your top choices, and the winning maps will be integrated into the February 2016 Breakout playlist along with the previous on-disc maps.

Here are the maps you’ll be playing on:

ABSOLUTE
    BY BLACK PICTURE
    [​IMG]

APPARITION
    BY II SETHIROTH II & WARH0LIC
    [​IMG]

CANAL
    BY CLASSY MOTH & VORKED MANBACK
    [​IMG]

DEADCENTER
    BY SOLO XIII
    [​IMG]

EPICENTER
    BY A CHUNK & XXANDRITH
    [​IMG]

HAVOC
    BY II SETHIROTH II
    [​IMG]

HIGHRISE
    BY RANDY 355
    [​IMG]

OVERPASS
    BY SOLO XIII
    [​IMG]

PYLON
    BY DARKPRINCE909
    [​IMG]

SIMULATION
    BY BERSERK ON XBL & LIL BLACK BUBBA
    [​IMG]
    source: waypoint

#1 WAR, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Blaze, Sethiroth, REMkings and 8 others like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged
?

Which 2 maps are your favorite from this playlist?

1. ABSOLUTE

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. APPARITION

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. CANAL

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. DEADCENTER

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  5. EPICENTER

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. HAVOC

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. HIGHRISE

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. OVERPASS

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. PYLON

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  10. SIMULATION

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by WAR, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Vorked
      Vorked
      I feel that if more people knew all the crazy trick jumps that you can do in Canal, people would like the flow, more.

Hell, I just taught AboveInfinity and a few other great players how to do them.

Canal and Havoc are my favorites.
      WAR likes this.
    2. WAR
      WAR
      I was using the pyramid thrust trick jump up to camo on Havoc last night. Its the fastest method to obtain it but be careful and wise when performing this as teams will eventually look out for it over time.
      Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    3. Vorked
      Vorked
      I made a writeup about it not too long ago. Lemme grab some snippits to help teach people how to do this.

Using a trench-like design, alongside trickjumps to get from mid to top in seconds, Canal proves to have some amazing gameplay from the community, already. It’s also completely unbreakable, as we actually heavily tested Canal before releasing.

The Pyramids can be used to Thrust Boost to the top of the map. To do this, you must have Maintain Sprint turned off. When at a full sprint, run towards the Pyramid. Roughly a foot and a half before the Pyramid, where your Thrusters’ apex would be nearest the top of the Pyramid, you’ll boost off and allow you to land or clamber to the pillars or even on each side of the trench.

Those who have mastered this trick can even access the BR in mere seconds, by landing all the way up at the BR Nest on the bridges.

A similar trick allows for a player to reach the Invisible power up well before anyone else, and even sometimes before the enemy team can even reach their BR to retaliate.

There are many steep slopes created to allow you to use the trickjumps all across the map, from escaping House or Trench, to reaching BR, Assault Rifle, Flag, and Invis faster than you ever could, before.
    4. ReclaimerX22
      ReclaimerX22
      Canal looks really cool. I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet; the game keeps giving me Simulation and Apparition over and over again. Which is fine, because they're my favorite of the ones I've played so far, but I'd like to play some of the others lol.
      Xandrith likes this.
    5. Xandrith
      Xandrith
      chunk made those doors:devil:
    6. Given To Fly
      Given To Fly

As happy as I am there is a forge playlist, I wholeheartedly agree.

I spent a good hour or two in the playlist yesterday experiencing the maps and have come to the conclusion that a few of these maps are just wastelands with BR's and camo. While I am not the biggest fan of OG breakout, I still enjoy it, but most of these maps are too flat and open for me to have any fun. The BR is the deciding factor. Camo only makes things worse. I did however find that speed boost was a terrific powerup for breakout, and gladly accept the DMR as a pickup since its a 3SK still.

My most hopeful map for the playlist was the pit remix, however that was one of the worst playing. There is absolutely no reason to have a pistol out as the map is roughly a model scale version of the pit. The actual structure of the map is useless compared to the pit as the best strat is to simply climb the middle hump and spray everyone. "sword room" might as well be an exact remake because with all those corners and a shotgun, it is just as campy as the original.

You can justify it any way you see fit, but not making a formal announcement that breakout maps were needed completely goes against what being a cartographer stands for. Keeping the info to a select few, while telling people not to spread the word only makes things worse. I fear this has already been done twice now as there will most likely be a BTB community playlist or 4v4's or 2v2's. It doesn't matter. Not telling the community for whatever reason is the wrong approach. It is why the CC's are surrounded with such controversy. After all, what is the point of having a community playlist if only 10% or less of the community even hears about supplying maps for it? That isn't a community playlist, it is another batch of CC maps like the BTB maps we already got. We're not deciding as a comunity, we're getting force fed maps which defeats the whole purpose of the playlist. I understand certain people were approached to make certain maps for this, but that also is not the best way to go about this... I know Epicenter has nothing to do with the CC's and I found that to be the most enjoyable out of the whole playlist.

All I'm getting at, is that we need transparency. We need communication. We need maps from all the corners of the community. If you are a CC that practices all these, then good for you, but I find it harder and harder to witness the actions that have taken place over this game so far. It is frustrating for poor map choices to be glorified, let alone learn that nobody was informed about the need for maps in general. I hope a different approach is taken for the next playlist, but fear decisions have already been made.

The 3 maps I wouldn't mind staying in the rotation: Epicenter, Canal, Apparition, Maybe Highrise...

This isn't me whining by any means either, just a general concern as a dedicated community member having to hear feedback from a big chunk of the community expressing real concerns.
      Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    7. unoverrated
      unoverrated
      These look f'kn amazing guys! Really miss this community and making maps with you all. Great job everyone!
    8. a Chunk
      a Chunk
      [​IMG]
    9. Ray Benefield
      Ray Benefield
      So I replied, but decided not to derail the thread as that is a whole different topic. For those interested:

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-community-cartographer-process.150230/
    10. SmartAlec13
      SmartAlec13
      Really cool that they are doing this, even its not exactly "community maps", and its more like "specific groups of the community maps".

Some of these maps I like a lot, but some I don't.
    11. unoverrated
      unoverrated
      :( I don't have an Xbox
    12. DomeInspector47
      DomeInspector47
      I have been able to play a few of the maps, and I loved all of them - except for Apparition. I like the fact that the creators of this map tried to make the flag a little more pivotal on this map, but in my opinion it is too easy to get to the flag. Also, the distance between the flag and bases is so short that the round is either over in 20 seconds, or everyone just stays around the flag's platform and never take full advantage of the rest of the environment. On the other hand, I loved Simulation and Highrise. Those two maps were very well balanced, and much more fun to play on.
    13. ReclaimerX22
      ReclaimerX22
      How do we go about bookmarking any of these maps? Do all the creators have them in their file shares?