Community Favorites: September 2020

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Oct 6, 2020.

By Foge on Oct 6, 2020 at 12:52 PM
  1. Foge

Foge Staff
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Welcome Back to another installment of Forgehub Community Favorites! Portaleer tells me he will be coming out of the spooky shadows just after Halloween to deliver us next month's results. Until then however you will have to deal with me dishing out this month's community favorites just like I’ll be dishing out candy later this month! Lets jump right into this months results, just like we will be jumping out of our socks later this month!

Here are the nominations and winners for the month of September!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First up in third place we have Semblance by the one and only Arpod! In true Arpod fashion I think you can guess what the theme of the map is going to be without even looking at the above picture. Semblance is however, not a remake like most of Arpods other creations, which is a nice change of pace from what is now mostly expected out of him. Semblance is a revised and updated version of one of Arpods prior maps co forged with Azzaboy97x, which was posted all the way back over 3 years ago now! In this updated version of the map, Arpod has taken what was originally a big team battle map and condensed it down into a 4v4 size range. In Arpods words, “I made some significant changes to some areas of the map with some different terrain elevations in some areas, the elimination of the bridge, and changed some of the background detail.” So if you're looking for a mostly natural 4v4 map to play on go no further. As always a pleasure to have Arpod in the picks for community favorites!

[​IMG]

In 2nd place this month we have UNSCathed by ExTerrestr1al! Ha! We see what you did there with the name Ex. UNSCathed is more than just a clever fun pun, is that considered a pun? I'm just going to go with that before getting sidetracked any further, UNSCathed is an attrition map which won an honorable mention by judge Max Extra, click here to see those results if you already haven't! Knowing ExTerrestr1al, you can already expect this map to not be any ordinary map, which it is not. In the ways of the scripting overlords, ExTerrestr1al has created an attrition map with a unique custom scripted power weapon. ExTerrestr1al has scripted a pickup ball object which when thrown, activates a health draining emp like damage effect. This special power pickup is great for denying players direct routes, or great for scoring those final points in just about any attrition game. Great job Ex!

[​IMG]

Now finally in first place we have Keeper by ARC1T3CTZ! Keeper is a reimagining of the very beloved Halo 3 map, Guardian. Keeper is unique in its own right and keeps the core layout of guardian, while altering specific routes to be better fit for the Halo 5 movement and ability system. ARC1T3CTZ altered the dimensions of the overall map as well, with most areas having a bit more room to move around then Keepers Halo 3 counterpart. The largest change from overall Guardian is the vertical height differences and the introduction of a one way teleporter that goes from blue room to sniper two. This introduction and the other changes from Gaurdian give it a unique gameplay style that is completely different yet familiar at the same time. Keeper supports up to 8 players, and ARC1T3CTZs recommends that you play free for all, as he believes it is the best gamemode for the map. Keeper also supports 2v2 and 4v4 gamemodes. Great job this month and congrats on obtaining first place this month ARC1T3CTZ!

Congrats to all winners this month and we will be looking forward to those classic Halo 3 forge the fight contest maps next month. Keep the forge maps a coming folks!

Later from your favorite,
    Foge
    I'm not really sure what I do here​

#1 Foge, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Oct 6, 2020.