Community Favorites: July 2021

Discussion in 'Features' started by I Crush All, Aug 5, 2021.

By I Crush All on Aug 5, 2021 at 12:53 PM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]

Welcome back to a new installment of Forgehub Community Favorites! With Halo Infinite’s 1st flight recently passing we’re one step closer to the launch of the next Halo title and also one month closer to those sweet sweet Forge details! Scaling for pieces/blocks? Or maybe some updated scripting for the community to sink its teeth into, only time will tell... Until we have that knowledge though, community favorites! In this installment, we have a slew of great creations from the community to Showcase! As a reminder, you can check out all these great creations by clicking their screenshot/picture or the yellow text below!

Here are the nominations and community champions for the month of July!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This month, our 3rd place spot was secured by NukeOhio2024 with their map Block Fort! This custom race game-mode is a remake of the Classic N64 Kart racing map so many of us played back in the day, and it’s quite the remake at that. Nuke has also added some of his own little twists to the design to modernize and elevate the map for Halo’s gameplay with Gravity Lifts and power weapons that are spawned on the map. So if you’re looking for a new minigame to try out on MCC give this map a try and have a blast with friends!

[​IMG]

In second place this month we have Yoincc by IcyHotSpartin! Yoincc is a 2v2 Forerunner map with varying heights of gameplay, from ramps to catwalks this map will allow you to sink your teeth into multiple different gameplay scenarios with varying heights in a well crafted Forerunner aesthetic crafted into a nice terrain area as well, whether it’s getting quick-scoped by the sniper on the exterior or exploring Icy’s Forerunner interiors you’re sure to get an enjoyable 2v2 experience out of this map!

[​IMG]

Finally, our final map of community favorites this month is a new treat from Ivan Diaz, last month’s 2nd place securer, with their map Shibuya District! This 4v4 map crafts a beautiful Cyberpunk Japanese aesthetic around a suitable environment for CTF, Strongholds, and Oddball, while having the backdrop of the Cyberpunk Tokyo.

Congratulations to everyone who placed this month and if you didn’t, well, I can’t wait for all of your fantastic entries next month! All these amazing creations really show how powerful and creative of a community we have even in a technical dry spell, hopefully, soon we can get our creative hands-on Halo Infinite’s forge and push new boundaries that we can’t currently conceive breaking. Or even just some forge news would be awesome to hear to get our creative minds speculating on the possibilities. Sadly time isn’t our ally in that regard, but we always have these new creations to look forward to each month. Just a reminder for everyone forging for the Podtacular Super Fiesta Contest that you must have your submissions turned in by 11:59 PM PST on August 17th or the submission will be void. There will be two lobbies this week for the contest, one lobby tonight at 7PM PST and one lobby on Saturday at 12PM EST. Until next time!

You’re friendly neighborhood writer

~Crush

#1 I Crush All, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by I Crush All, Aug 5, 2021.