Community Favorites: February 2021

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Mar 5, 2021.

By Foge on Mar 5, 2021 at 12:36 PM
  1. Foge

Foge Staff
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Welcome Back to another installment of Forgehub Community Favorites! Interesting to think how this time last year everyone got locked up in their houses and were forced to do nothing but forge maps all day. During this rough past year, the Forgehub staff can certainly say we were very surprised at not only how many maps we've seen from all the different forge iterations, but the overall passion that yall have for creating these maps. With that in mind let's kick off this edition of community favorites for the month of February 2021!

Here are the nominations and winners for the month of February!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First up in third place this month we have Danger Tanner with Time Sieve! This map features an icy cold Vex aesthetic taken from what looks like directly out of Destiny! This map is a symmetrical 4v4 map which should work with all core modes. Time Sieve also carries an interesting power weapon mechanic which requires the player to jump down a deep well with a high risk factor and then traverse across a different dimension of sorts to gather up a vorpal talon energy sword. We always love to see these interesting new ways of using risk vs reward in maps like these! So if you are wanting to get that Destiny feel on a 4v4 map without playing Crucible, be sure to check this one out! It should be important to note that this is only Danger Tanners second map he has ever released in Halo 5, so a bright forging future for sure I would say! Great job this month Danger Tanner and I'm sure we can expect to see many more great things from you in the future and be sure to give feedback to Tanner if you do play the map!

[​IMG]

Our runner up this month is GEIGER |D/\RK W/\TER by forger21! This map is absolutely stunning in all means of the word. GEIGER is also however not a traditional map that you would normally play on. This map in fact only even has a single spawn point on it. GEIGER |D/\RK W/\TER is a set map used in Forger21s machinima “D/\RK W/\TER”. The map features a visually stunning crashed space station which has crash landed right onto the Barrens canvas. I would love to type out more about this map, but I feel like simply watching the machinima Forger21 created does a much better job at explaining the pure stunning visuals that this map can provide. Great job Forger21 and the machinima for the map can be found directly below:

[​IMG]

Finally in first place this month we have one of our usual suspects around the community favorites winners realm… Arpod! This map is unique in a couple areas with the first it being a race map. It's almost as if Ducain23 was involved in this somehow. Oh of course he was! In The Scuba Diver Ducain 23 provided a layout prefab which required forgers to follow a set path without restricting them to height, only the race pathing. Arpod used a neat trick us fabled forgers know, which is placing the map outside Tidal canvas, allowing for the map to be placed underwater, allowing for a unique experience that doesn't require the use of the Depths canvas, as well as the added bonus of being able to race above and below the water level. As always great stuff Arpod and I guess good job Ducain on designing the pathing? Anyways Good job this month yall, can't wait to see what yall go cooking in that magic forge oven in the future!

Congrats once again to all those that placed this month, and if even if you didn't, we are certainly excited to see what everyone creates in the future! Until next month!

Later from your favorite,
    Foge
    I'm not really sure what I do here​

#1 Foge, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Mar 5, 2021.