Community Favorites: December 2020

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Jan 4, 2021.

By Foge on Jan 4, 2021 at 2:31 AM
  1. Foge

Foge Staff
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

[​IMG]

Welcome Back to the very final installment of Forgehub Community Favorites for the year of 2020! Hopefully we dont regret still bringing up 2020 even though by the time this comes out 2020 will be officially 5 days in the past. Regardless, let's take a look at the last Community Favorites from 2020.

Here are the nominations and winners for the month of December!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For our 3rd place winner this month we have Dusk: Ro Sham Bo by SAMuri52! Dusk is a 4v4 “Ro Sham Bo'' map or what others more likely know the gametype as, Husky Raid. Dusk has a very simple and classic husky raid layout, with the 2 teams bases converging on a singular sloped pathway following an “L” shape out of each base. The map features an interesting skybox which reflects off of metallic pillars placed around the map. If you are looking for a husky raid or “Ro Sham Bo” map, then definitely give this one a try!

[​IMG]

In 2nd place we have Triune by ExTerrestr1al! Triune is a very unique map and to my knowledge is unlike any other map currently out there. ExTerrestr1al took the key powerup concept from other maps and applied his own custom powerup which allows the holding team to do various things that normal players cannot do. The powerup allows those holding it to traverse new bridges, gain height advantages, and use grav lifts. These elements are all tied to the powerup, so if you don't have the powerup active, you cannot use these options of movement and will have to get around the map the old fashioned way. It is also important to note that Triune has a Dr Strange esque teleporter too, so the map is worth a play just for that alone. Triune is ExTerrestr1al’s probable farewell to Halo 5 Scripting and Forging. I can say with confidence that if this is your last, the community will be saddened, however I can also say we will be very excited at what is to be created come Halo Infinite. Amazing job on this and in Halo 5 scripting in general!

[​IMG]

In first place this month we finally have a map that is not Halo 5! Highest is a primarily 2v2 map which works best with 2v2 Team Hardcore settings. Although playing 1v1 also works great as well. Highest is a smaller room based map somewhat similar in feel to that of Chillout/Cold Storage. The rooms are excellently designed, and the map's name comes into play for you essentially wanting to control the “Highest” locations on the map in order to take control over the opposing team in a match. Fantastic work this month from both ChanelWitDaBoof and Sam Malone!

Congrats to all winners this month and we are excited to see more from all of you in the coming New Year. Hopefully 2021 treats us far better then the wretched year that was 2020. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years to everyone!
    Later from your favorite,
    Foge
    I'm not really sure what I do here​

#1 Foge, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Features' started by Foge, Jan 4, 2021.