Avengers: Infinity War Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KeeLoker, Apr 28, 2018.

?

From 1 to 5, how much did you enjoy Avengers: Infinity War?

1. 1 (Not at all)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 3 (Somewhat)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. 5 (I loved it!)

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. KeeLoker

KeeLoker Spartan I
    Wiki Contributor

Any Marvel fans that saw Infinity War wanna talk about it? Cause I personally thought it was great and loved every bit of it. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it but if anyone else wanted to talk about it, feel free to.
    I will say that although I really loved the movie and what it offered, I still have a few problems with it that I thought could have been executed better, but overall it was a great movie and I never found myself getting bored for how long it was.

2. Dunco

Dunco Troll Whisperer
    Forge Critic

Just finished watching and well worth the 10 year build up.

About to binge all my marvel movies in chronological order.

Nitro and KeeLoker like this.
  3. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I thought it was alright... there's still a lot I didn't understand why it happened.

This is genuinely a spoiler, so anyone who hasn't watch, don't expand;
    For example, why the hell did StarLord wake Thanos when they basically kicked his arse?
    Yeah, I get it, grief made him angry... but seriously, there's a dude that wants to wipe out half the universe with his magic glove, and you think punching him in the face is payback for him killing your unofficial girlfriend? This bit legit ruined the movie for me from this point onwards... there's no way under those circumstances StarLord wouldn't wait three seconds to punch Thanos in the face when they're removing the Infinity Gauntlet. Jesus Christ, he'd wait 15 minutes to literally kick the **** out of Thanos while he has no strength, no power, nothing... but no, in the movie, he has to punch him in the three seconds it would have taken to disarm him?
    It really annoyed me.

The other part about this particular scene was that Dr Strange gave up the time stone to save Tony Stark's life. This would suggest that in an alternate timeline that he explored, if they retained possession of the time stone, they'd lose, and thus gave it away for something he said he ultimately wouldn't do... which basically spoils the next movie.
    That leaves the next movie to conclude what pretty much everyone already knows; Tony Stark uses the time stone to re-write how it all went down...
    I really can't imagine they'd keep the timeline as it is, considering they just butchered half of their cash cows that people would want to see in future Marvel films. Guardians of the Galaxy are extremely popular, yet there's two of the five left. Dr Strange is gone, Spider-man is gone, Black Panther, gone, Wanda, gone, The Vision, gone... you catch my drift.

If they did keep the timeline as is, and all those heroes are gone, for reals, then their message from Infinity War would be "You can be a hero, but ultimately you all fail and die"... which you've got to admit is a pretty grim message.

So in conclusion, it was entertaining, but I feel the movie somewhat lacked in story, despite having such a large build up.

#3 Stevo, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Box Knows and Goat like this.
  4. Dunco

Dunco Troll Whisperer
    Forge Critic

The movie was definitely built around having to have watched ALL the previous Marvel movies leading up to it.

5. KeeLoker

KeeLoker Spartan I
    Wiki Contributor

My response to you is a spoiler as well so people don't click on it if you haven't seen it.
    I can agree that Star lord was very stupid and it was kind of lazy writing on their part. I will say though that I do no think that the next movie is really spoiled in anyway merely from Dr. Strange giving up the time stone. Yes, obviously him doing that means that the only way they can win is by giving it up, but that's really all we can confidently say about that. As for all the deaths, even though they will all most likely come back in some way, I still think their deaths had an impact on the movie and weren't pointless. It kinda just leaves the audience with a feeling of defeat for once instead of the typical superhero winning sort of ending.

Ascend Hyperion likes this.
  6. I MetaBreaker I

spoiler:

Please... I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark.

OOOOF
    that part got me

Box Knows likes this.
  7. Stevo

Oh I know, without a doubt that's what it intended.
    But I feel that despite the 10 year lead up to this, it still lacked somewhat in the story compartment...

In a sense, true, but also not... The very fact that Steven Strange said he would under no circumstances protect Tony/Peter if it meant losing the Time stone, now also confirms that it will be Tony Stark who uses the Time stone to return everything to what it once was... or at the very least, the second film will have a lot to do with Tony being alive... since sacrificing the Time stone has a) killed it's wielder (Dr Strange), and b) killed Spider-Man.
    They wouldn't have included that scene in the film if it ultimately meant nothing... so it again comes down to a poor story-line in which the writers have tried to made it obscure for children to not understand what happens next, and left it pretty much obvious to anyone that's over the age of 12 in doing so.

Cool spoiler, brah.

KeeLoker likes this.
  8. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap

Just left the theater.

In my honest opinion it was boring. The action scenes were forgettable*, the humor was flat, things just kinda happened to move the plot along and it felt like half of the movie was implied.

Were it not for the "oh **** he's back" moments (Thor's particularly) and the shock value of the ending, I would have left the theater feeling like I spent 2 hours watching a really long trailer for the actual movie. On the bright side, I actually cared about almost everyone. In fact, I'd argue that I sympathized with and even agreed with Thanos. But he should probably try and create another universe instead of, you know, kill half of the current one. But it's a comic book movie and nobody really dies anyway.

*The Thanos fight on Titan was good though until Starlord's plothole ruined it.

#8 Goat, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Box Knows and Xandrith like this.
  9. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion The Homeslice
    Staff Member Forge Critic

I saw it yesterday and I gotta say, I really enjoyed myself. My girlfriend was in tears for like half the movie but still. Well worth it. In all reality, if the second part were out, I would have kept on watching if given a 15 minute intermission. I really wanna know how this all wraps up.

I think part 2 is gonna have something to do with the Time stone. Seeing as how Spidey and GOTG have movies slated for the future, that's the most logical way to get them back, ya feel? Also, the gauntlet looked toasted post use and Thanos was torn up pretty bad.

I dunno how it'll get there, but I think the remaining good guys will go back in time and redo what they did wrong in Infinity War Part I.

- Loki should be sent to Earth, not Hulk (Saves the tesseract)
    - Tony needs to call Cpt America instead of hesitating (Allows him and crew to pick up Vision before he's injured)
    - GOTG need to not split up. They all go get the new hammer and then go to Earth (They lose the reality stone anyway but not gamora, ie, not the soul stone

Now all our good guys are actually in one place with three stones in their possession

Just spitballin'

10. Dunco

Dunco Troll Whisperer
    Forge Critic

no need to mess with space time when you've got a reality stone ;)

11. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap

12. TheLunarRaptor

TheLunarRaptor Spartan I

This dude is great, the **** he says reminds me of old WWE wrestlers when someone starts ****.

13. Xandrith

Xandrith Heroic

Watched it twice, and I liked it less the second time. I think the ending is just especially impactful and leaves people in awe. Further analysis makes you rethink some stuff.

Iron man 1 is still the reigning champion among marvel films.

14. Stevo

Iron Man 1 is the **** like... but I don't think you can compare all the films and have one better than the other unless you're comparing the same films - Iron Man 2 for example, sucks in comparison to Iron Man 1, but you can't really compare Thor 1 to IM1 as they're too different. One is science, one is Mythical.

15. Xandrith

Xandrith Heroic

Good storytelling is good storytelling, no matter the theme.

I'm not comparing details anyways, I just stated which movie I thought was best.

16. Stevo

Literally this;