Only the penitent man shall pass...
(1-16 players) Gametype: Use “Grail” in my bookmarks.
The Crusade is a mashup of ALL major Indiana Jones Movie Traps and Relics. There are a total of 12 “official” traps (lots of other ways to die) in your quest to obtain (in order):
- The Golden Idol from a booby-trapped ruin in Peru
- The Sankara Stones from the Temple of Doom
- The Holy Grail within Petra after passing the three trials
- The Ark of the Covenant
- The Crystal Skull
As expected, you will need to leap and whip your way past smashing walls, collapsing ceilings, shooting darts, death-defying crevasses, fire traps, and a rolling boulder on your way towards these objectives. Eventually you’ll find yourself face-to-face with one of the wonders of the ancient world: Petra, where you must pass the Three Trials to immortality. For the most part, the traps follow the movies fairly well, though of course I added my own touches to make certain traps more interesting or function better as it IS a halo forged map. For those of you who need hints for the trials:
- First trial is the Breath of God, "Only the penitent man will pass."
- Second trial is the Word of God, "Only in the footsteps of God will he proceed."
- Third trial is the Path of God, "Only in the leap from the lion's head will he prove his worth."
Finally you will reach the Grail Room. I would fail at my duty as map creator if I didn’t say this:
“You must choose. But choose wisely, for as the true Grail will bring you life, a false one will take it from you.” –The Grail Knight
If you choose wisely, you will continue on towards the Ark of the Covenant and finally unlock the secret of the crystal skull and become immortal. Yes, I wish I could’ve added so many more traps as shown in the movies, but alas, I ran out of item budget, sigh…
As always, I look forward to any and all suggestions for improvement. Please click the download button and add my gamertag: CaptainDireWolf to download the map form my bookmarks. Enjoy!