"Even after the capture of Spartan X17, these infamous ruins have yet to be fully explored." - in-game description.
This 4v4 symmetrical arena is a remix of my other map "Caturix", intended to feel a bit more competitive: offering more space for ranged combat, without disrupting the flow of the map design.
Both Session and Caturix were inspired by the interior section of the Silent Cartographer from Halo CE's campaign.
In this tight 4v4 map, 2 symmetrical rooms (bases) face each other on opposite ends of an arena. The central arena, filled with plenty of cover and platforms, giving players many skill based routes through the map.
Primary differences of this map from Caturix:
- The flamethrower has been replaced with a shotgun, as a balanced alternative to a power weapon.
- The power drains have been removed from the BR towers, as there is no longer a rampaging maniac of fire to torment the arena and give use to the power drains from high ground.
- Maulers at the bases have been replaced with low-ammo sniper rifles.
- Firebomb grenades have been replaced with frags.
- Wall Corners in the arena replaced with Wall Slits, giving more space to shoot through or toss grenades.
- A Wall Double has been removed from each base, with a color coded column in it's place. This makes for more room to enter the bases.
- Additional small pieces of cover.
- Flag platforms have the bottom half removed, allowing for some space to shoot at nearby a player's legs or to bounce a grenade underneath.
While this map's layout was inspired by Halo CE, and even it's jumpy use of cover was inspired by the likes of H2A and Halo 5? This map in fact has a much deeper, personal inspiration.
In 2011, I had created a mod for Halo CE, making a short campaign based around the Silent Cartographer's island. Tragically, the files to this mod were lost, weeks before it's planned debut on halomaps/.org. With the enhancements of forge on MCC, I have been making a small collection of maps inspired by that old project of mine. This, a ruined interior of Halo CE's cartographer, being one of them.
MCC has trouble with the map links from Waypoint. Please use the alternate method, as instructed here.
(I have provided a link to my MCC fileshare anyways, just in case it decides to work or they fix it someday.)
1. Pull up the roster in the main menu of MCC (“X” Button for Xbox)
2. Click on your name
3. Go to “Find Player”
4. Type in my Gamertag: TalonWolfy17
5. Go to “File Share”
6. Go to “Map Variants”
7. Download the map “Session"
Map named after the filler track from Linkin Park's "Meteora" album. Also because a gameplay "session on session" is funny.
YouTube Videos coming soon! I have a troubled history with that platform, and dread the process of making "content" for them. Better late than never though.