Perseus - Pegasus rebuild/rebalance
This is a map project to attempt to balance some of the issues commonly agreed on with Pegasus. These being the strong influence top red had on the map, imbalanced power placements and other smaller concerns.
I have not had time to work on this lately and testing is too much of a burden so i am releasing this a little ahead of time but i hope you will all still enjoy. There will definitely be updates in the future. Please leave any concerns you have in this map thread so i can assess them.
- Instead of nerfing red side, my aim was to build up blue side to create another viable option of setting up so that rushing for top red is no longer as necessary to hold map control.
- Power weapon placements are being experimented with. My goal here is to find locations that will avoid adding too much conflict in a generalized location of the map and maintaining nearly fair grabs on initial rush and during game.
- Added segmentation on both sides yards. Ive heard many times that red courtyard on Pegasus has no direction so changes were made near Pegasus shotgun spawn and blue has a new platform/bridge.
- There are two new slideways. One is between red ramp and red island. The other connects the street in front of blue with house.
- Pegasus' small trench hallway that had a bunch of lazy cover has been expanded on. I wanted to make this area nicer and give it opportunity for a weapon placement and stronghold.
Beta Version 1.1 - 8/12/16
- Perseus has been facelifted with a loose recycle of the pits aesthetics and my own twist.
- Rockets(2 min) and sniper(3 min) in the bends.
- Shotgun in trench, OS(2 min) moved to house
- SMG red courtyard
- Plasma pistol moved under blue bridge
- Carbine in blue bend and blue base
- Light rifle top red
- Railgun red bend
- Caster blue bend
- Camo house
- Shotgun excluded
- Dueling Snipes
- Damage boost house