A big Special Thanks to BiteSizeTuna, Zeo6547, Uptownflame5596 and Miguelausen for surprising me with an amazing cinematic trailer for the map! Watch it Here
Made by Julianoz1224
Survive the Mantis Horde. Reach Wave 20 for a chance to Escape.
A year and 10 months since I finished Night of the Mantis, The second one is here.
Armed with a dramatic subtitle and fancy Photoshop, I hope Night of the Mantis 2 is able to bring fun and entertainment to whoever plays it.
An insane amount of time and hard work has gone into this map, over many months and breaks from almost giving up on it.
To those of you that see this map after all this time and decide to try it out, thank you so much, it means a lot. I hope you enjoy it.
Here is a summary of what is new and improved:
• Each Player has their own individual points to earn and spend
• The Mantis Waves are randomly generated
• Side windows open during later rounds and have their own approaching threats
• Players purchase their own weapons for themselves that they can upgrade and gift
• Base Upgrades - Including Mines, Turrets and a Second story Floor with a Shade Turret
• A Random Weapon Box
• The Base has 3 Lives. No more instant loss
• Mantis health is dynamic, starting low and increasing with each wave
• Endless wave survival if you so wish after beating the game, allowing you to go for a highscore with ever increasing difficulty.
• The difficulty and Mantis health adjusts for each additional player in the game
• Intermissions now have consistent length and can be skipped
HydroTurkey - For adding some interior design, lighting, poles and helping motivate me for the entire time I worked on this map <3
PaddyLeaf873 - For helping test and restore my motivation
Smid Ops - For helping test late at night
Fifi Ophelia - For helping test and being my sister
NinjaDyson - For helping test and driving me insane
Deathproof1131 - For helping test and breaking the ammo refill countless times
UltraGRAGON - For helping test when I needed a fourth player
Fall On Coin - For soothing me with his guitar playing while testing
I ResViper I - For giving me tips to help with script performance
Preenie - For absolutely losing her mind at the map and helping motivate me to finish
Marye West - For managing to be the first person to get herself stuck up and behind The Random Box
Seventh Orca - For the "Detailed Inset Monitors" Prefab I modified
xNemesis 217 - For the "Computer Terminal" Prefab I modified