GOLF WORLD QUEST
CONTEST LAUNCHED WITH 3 TOURNAMENTS (Dec 29 - Feb 28, 2018). COMPETE FOR PRIZES! CLICK HERE
HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY FORGEHUB! THANKS FOR BRINGING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER! HERE’S TO ANOTHER 10.
NOTE: THIS LEVEL IS A LENGHTY QUEST. SET ASIDE A FEW HOURS FOR IT, BE PATIENT, AND ENJOY! ALSO IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE HITTING GOLF SHOTS, LOOK BELOW FOR SOME TIPS. THIS LEVEL MAY SLIGHTLY LAG AT FIRST BUT WILL IMPROVE OVER TIME.
THIS IS NO ORDINARY GOLF! Overcome obstacles, solve puzzles, hit golf shots, and defeat bosses in this adventure course across 18 holes. Travel across the coast, the sea, underwater, desert, mountains, and even space in your wild quest. This is a direct sequel to the 5-level series Golf World Adventure (GWA) on Halo 4 and the 10-level Golf World Challenge (GWC) series on Halo Reach. Play with 1-4 players coop, same team, and you must use the Golf World Quest gametype.
If you beat the level, please bookmark your theater video and let me know. It will give me feedback for updates.
This is the last level in the Golf World Quest series for Halo 5. There are additional series on Halo 4 and Reach.
LEVEL 6: MISSION METRIOD
After previously defeating the Comedy Elder Dragon, you are pulled through a mysterious portal and end up in a strange new world. You wake up in an abandoned vessel, look out the window, and realize you are in space! You walk over to the ship’s console and download the database to your log book. You discover this is the G.F.S Olympus-class battleship of the Galactic Federation. The crew was in search of Space Pirate facilities rumored to be recreating the environments of Tallon IV—Magmoor Caverns, Phendrana Drifts, and the Tallon Overworld. The Space Pirates were also thought to have moved some of Skytown’s zipline cable transportation system from Elysia into space. Months ago, the Space Pirates ambushed the Olympus and stripped its resources to help construct their colony.
The Pirates are reconstructing micro-climates orbiting the planet Elysia in order to obtain necessary resources to continue their biological experiments and wreak havoc on the galaxy. The dreaded Omni Parasite Overlord (Experiment #42) is one such completed specimen. It is powering these operations and shielding the climates from the harshness of space. Access to the Overlord is currently blocked by a strong shield but the Chozo may have left some space relics behind to assist you. The Olympus’ ship sensors display that in a matter of hours, the Overlord will unleash its mega planetary beam on Elysia! Suddenly your ship comes under attack. Scanners indicate it is the feared CaptainDireBeast, an incarnation of Ridley. Samus Aran is nowhere to be seen; looks like you will have to do the work for her. Escape the Olympus, defeat the CaptainDireBeast, make your way to the rail system, navigate Tallon’s worlds, defeat the Overlord Guardian, and save the planet of Elysia!
- First, solve the puzzles and obstacles to get to the tee areas! You’ll probably notice some inspirations from Metroid, Zelda, Skyrim, Mario, and Donkey Kong games.
- Golf Ball physics have changed with the last update and you must be closer to the ball! For hitting golf shots, it is still best to stand still. Looking further down at the ball will hit it higher and looking up at the ball will hit it lower. Put your Spartan’s face in the balls (heyo) and you’ll hit your shots further.
- Some Metroid bosses require to be weakened by shooting them multiple times....
- Try to find the hidden Samus doll...
- You may have to look and think a little, but it shouldn’t be too cryptic on where you need to hit the ball. The zoom function will help out. You will know when you have made a good shot (although be patient) and you can proceed in the map.
- In the puzzle sections, you will have to look and interact with things similar to other puzzle levels on this site. Some parts are non-linear.
- Constructive comments are welcome especially if you find flaws not mentioned above. Enjoy!
- To Bul1etCatcher for creating puzzles/scripting for me.
- Omni42’s maps are amazing and gave me a lot of inspiration to do a Metroid themed map. And his prefabs helped a bit. If only I was not limited by a budget and could add the full music....
- Squid's and Comedy Aerosol's puzzle maps are especially stunning and I've learned a lot from them. The Halo puzzle community is a fairly small niche, compared to the typical slayer games. Thanks for all those who have made maps as I have learned from them.
- All of the prefabs were modified mainly due to budget constraints, but an initial big thanks to:
Metroid (picture): SilentTakeDOwn
Metroid save stations, Prime doors, 3 Chozo (Eiodolons), Torvus map room, Phendrana platform, and Samus doll: Omni42
Epic Spaceship: PridyWolf
Alien: Daemon Knight
Open rock area and platform: Unknown (sorry couldn’t find your work again)
Rocky cave: RisingODST
Samus ship (drivable phantom): WyvernZu
Thank you very much!
- My video skills are lacking. If anyone is willing to compile a video on YouTube, that would be great. I have some DVRs, but haven’t quite figured out how to compile them, make ‘em fancy into a video.
- My frustration with the old phantom script bug almost caused me to quit my first map after 40+ hours into forge and I had to start over, but I’m glad I followed through. Now a full 18 hole course exists! Thank you for the continued support over the multiple Halo games which has inspired me to make the Golf World series.
- The Mainstreamers are hilarious and really passionate about what they do. So are SquidLoaf and the Comedy Team. I really hope they get to play this map.