GOLF WORLD QUEST
NOTE: THIS LEVEL IS A LONG QUEST. SET ASIDE A FEW HOURS FOR IT, BE PATIENT, AND ENJOY! ALSO IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE HITTING GOLF SHOTS, LOOK BELOW FOR SOME TIPS.
THIS IS NO ORDINARY GOLF! Overcome obstacles, solve puzzles, hit golf shots, and defeat bosses in this adventure game. This is a direct sequel to the 5 level series Golf World Adventure (GWA) on Halo 4 and the 10 level Golf World Challenge (GWC) series on Halo Reach. Play with 1-4 players coop, same team, and you must use the Golf World Quest gametype.
If you beat the level, please bookmark your theater video and let me know. It will give me feedback and I can use that on my future maps.
This is planned to be a trilogy, but it will probably take a few months to complete each map as I’m quite busy.
LEVEL 2: PIRATE PASSAGE
After defeating the Coastal Guardians, you and your Spartan troops make your way out to sea. Directly in your path are the docks and cargo platforms leading to the infamous Pirate Passage and Golf Island. However, the dreaded pirate ship Greenskull owns these territories. You will not get out without a fight. The Greenskullers have summoned the Kraken Squid Loaf to block you. They have also set up traps on the vast islands, volcano, and cave nearby. Navigate the treacherous docks, stop the Kraken Squid Loaf, make your way to the main isle, solve the numerous mysteries of Golf Island, and send the Greenskull to the bottom of the sea!
- First, solve the puzzles and obstacles to get to the tee areas!
- For hitting golf shots, it is best to stand still. Looking further down at the ball will hit it higher and looking up at the ball will hit it lower. Note that lag can cause the ball to not go straight, but only if you hit the ball directly with the club. In this case, take a few steps back, swing, and hit in front of the ball and it will go straight. You should be spending most of your time on getting the correct height. If you have friends in the game, have them spot and guide you.
- You may have to look and think a little, but it shouldn’t be too cryptic on where you need to hit the ball. The zoom function will help out. You will know when you have made a good shot (although be patient) and you can proceed in the map.
- In the puzzle sections, you will have to look and interact with things similar to other puzzle levels on this site. Some parts are non-linear.
- Constructive comments are welcome especially if you find flaws not mentioned above. Enjoy!
- The Halo puzzle community is a fairly small niche, compared to the typical slayer games. Thanks for all those who have made maps as I have learned from them (especially scripts from Squid Loaf’s maps although mine are fairly basic).
- A huge thank you to the peeps who created prefabs. They are all now modified, but here are the larger prefab authors:
Pirate Ship- CaptainDireWolf
Beach Island- Pureeey
Tiki Bar- Raptor086
Cranes- GamerPeepFreaks, CryingLegends, DEATHWEAPONxx
Sea Rock- ReclaimerX22
- My video skills are lacking. If anyone is wiling to compile a video on YouTube, that would be great. I have some DVRs, but haven’t quite figured out how to compile them, make ‘em fancy into a trailer video.
- My frustration with the phantom script bug almost caused me to quit my first map after 40+ hours into forge and I had to start over, but I’m glad I followed through. Now this map exists and the Monitor’s Bounty Update is amazing and fixed a lot of bugs. Thank you for the continued support over the multiple Halo games which has inspired me to make the Golf World series.
- The Mainstreamers are hilarious and really passionate about what they do. I was certainly motivated to keep forging despite my busy schedule after watching their awesome streams. I really hope they get to enjoy this map some day.